Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would you date a girl who smokes cigarettes?

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
former smoker.

grew up in a world where everyone smokes.

I take your points on the smell etc, but I disagree on driving. Nicotine is a stimulant by the way, not a tranquilliser.
This would be apparent if you’d tried nicotine, it makes your heart race.

Personally, I hate the smell of tuna. It doesn’t give me the right to stop people ordering tuna in a restaurant. The “health” line is just a way to get it through, you have no risk from passive smoke over and above petrol fumes.

agree to disagree.
I think that you disagree on driving because you haven't noticed the phenomenon. It's something I've noticed most of my adult life. The first thing smokers do when anxious is light up. Drivers after a hard day at work light up when driving home. We can speculate on the oral thing and all sorts of reasons why cigarettes relax smokers, but the bottom line is that smoking calms the nerves of those who reach for cigarettes when anxious.

If you make an effort to observe, you'll see that smokers who drive are in their own little world of relaxation. They are slow off the mark, drive very slowly, and make leisurely decisions when quick decisions are called for.

When it comes to tuna fish, I don't see a strong analogy. There are plenty of foods that I can't stand the smell of, but smoking is in a class by itself. It's not a food, but rather a source of combustion that travels extremely far.

Smokers just can't comprehend (because it's not in their self-interest) how offensive and disgusting that smoke is to non-smokers, and therefore they come up with all sorts of defenses about smoking.

But as for dating women, smoking has always been a complete deal-breaker for me. Who wants to hang out with a woman who stinks like a stale ashtray? Their breath stinks as does their hair and clothing.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that you disagree on driving because you haven't noticed the phenomenon. It's something I've noticed most of my adult life. The first thing smokers do when anxious is light up. Drivers after a hard day at work light up when driving home. We can speculate on the oral thing and all sorts of reasons why cigarettes relax smokers, but the bottom line is that smoking calms the nerves of those who reach for cigarettes when anxious.

If you make an effort to observe, you'll see that smokers who drive are in their own little world of relaxation. They are slow off the mark, drive very slowly, and make leisurely decisions when quick decisions are called for.

When it comes to tuna fish, I don't see a strong analogy. There are plenty of foods that I can't stand the smell of, but smoking is in a class by itself. It's not a food, but rather a source of combustion that travels extremely far.

Smokers just can't comprehend (because it's not in their self-interest) how offensive and disgusting that smoke is to non-smokers, and therefore they come up with all sorts of defenses about smoking.

But as for dating women, smoking has always been a complete deal-breaker for me. Who wants to hang out with a woman who stinks like a stale ashtray? Their breath stinks as does their hair and clothing.
Smoking brings people addicted to nicotine back to a baseline, so relieves any temporary withdrawal/discomfort they may be feeling.

If someone never smoked, then had 1 and stepped into a car, then yes could be an issue as likely to have a head rush/feel a bit dizzy for a few mins, but doubt that happens often.

I'm struggling to believe there's any real world correlation to bad driving, more accidents etc due to smokers mental state though... is there any data to back this up?

I'd have thought if there was any real issue, it'd have been clamped on down by now. In the same way alcohol has been and now drugs.

I'd imagine someone amped up on caffeine is more of an issue, and even that is marginal. Some people get really impatient, knarly, wired and more aggressive when drinking coffee...

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yes my friend but we have already established above that you’re a NAZI!!!!

fair enough, each to their own.

All I would ask is that you evaluate drivers in all circumstances. You may not be remembering the smokers who didn’t hold you up, as you clearly have a dislike of smoking in general so you may be experiencing a confirmation bias. It is not a widely acknowledged phenomenon. The rest of what you say is totally understandable, I can understand why people don’t like it.

i objectively don’t see the difference between a man eating a tuna or mackerel salad on the bus or smoking. It would make me retch and physically have to leave the bus. I don’t have the right to demand him to stop because it’s my hang up - not his. It’s inconsiderate yes, but it’s my own sensitivity. The words “man up, it won’t kill you” spring to mind. Being honest very few things actually p1ss me off that much.

As I say, I am not a smoker. I actually don’t want to be around cigarettes either.
I just don’t have a pathological hatred of it, which I must say seems a bit absurd.

I was vaping on the street once and an old couple got a whiff of a cherry flavoured cloud and they accosted me and I thought the guy was going to hit me.

I do think it’s actually more of a reason to be spiteful than a general dislike. It’s like a socially acceptable way people can be controlling and unpleasant to others over minor things.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does anyone else agree that roll ups are the worst, and most girls who smoke them tend to be rougher than girls who smoke normal cigarettes?

Reactions: B80

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As the title says. I'm just curious what your stance on dating a smoker is.

Used to i would have but now.....hell no.

Its a disgusting habit. I even smoke weed myself sometimes but cigarettes....forget about. Only trashy women smoke cigs.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Overall it's not s good habit, though some girls do look hot when they smoke. The smell and taste is a turn off, though. Then again, there's the saying 'If she smokes, she pokes' ;)

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nicotine is a drug, my man. It is a tranquilizer.
It's a stimulant actually. The only reason it falsely appears to be a 'tranquilizer' is because it temporarily relieves a smoker of their nicotine withdraw symptoms. It doesn't actually calm them down.

Reactions: B80

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t like having to hold my breath when I kiss them. Also, what if they smoke so much between sex that my **** turns black?:eek:

Billtx49

Reaction score
I smoked at a moderate to heavy level in my younger life, but I wouldn’t turn a woman down for engaging in the same vice even though I no longer do…

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
Smoking is disgusting and shows they don't care about their health, they have no self resistance to unhealthy things and most women that I know who smoke regularly also have some mental issues from their addictive personality

No thanks.
Someone smoking means they don't care about their health? Lol, you ever had unprotected sex before? If so, Based on your theory you don't care about yours either.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1644804347382.png

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would prefer a girl who doesn't smoke, but it's not important enough that I would turn down a high quality girl who smokes or date a low quality one who doesn't smoke.

If it's true that girls who smoke are more into taking risks and easier to bang then maybe I should go for smokers on purpose lol.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a smoker, who's quit recently. It's a struggle.

I'm currently playing 5 girls out of which three are non smokers, one former smoker(who quit with me) and one is a current smoker.

I like the current smoker one the most. As someone else said she's more fun, risk taking, adventurous.

It's not like they don't have regards for their health, but smoking is picked up naively (peer pressure) and is hard to quit.

Maybe I can lead her like the other plate to quit smoking.

I don't discriminate against something I've struggled with myself (so I understand how it works)

The Diver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've said it before. Many men on here seem behave more like they belong on the loveshack forum.
This ^ is BS.
Woman who smokes, stinks, their skin has a sick color, their teeth are yellow, their breath smells like an ashtray, and they taste like spoiled food.
Instead of shaming men with standard, up your own.

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
This ^ is BS.
Woman who smokes, stinks, their skin has a sick color, their teeth are yellow, their breath smells like an ashtray, and they taste like spoiled food.
Instead of shaming men with standard, up your own.
You sound stupid, how old are you?
You just put every smoker in 1 category like a foolish person, I know plenty of people who smoke and none of what you said applies to them.

Striker_93

Banned
Reaction score
98% of you guys are in no position to be picky with women, it's not like yall have women just throwing themselves at you lol yall better take them smokers lol

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a stimulant actually. The only reason it falsely appears to be a 'tranquilizer' is because it temporarily relieves a smoker of their nicotine withdraw symptoms. It doesn't actually calm them down.
Yeah but see that guy or girl ahead of you while leisurely driving at 10 mph under the speed limit? That person who is in their own little relaxed world, not responding when the light turns green? 9 times out of 10, they’re smokers.
Anything that changes one’s state from anxiety to calmness is a tranquilizer, regardless of the initial cause of anxiety. The oral gratification of a brand new smoker, plus an excuse for something to do with the hands, produces a sedative effect in social situations.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
98% of you guys are in no position to be picky with women, it's not like yall have women just throwing themselves at you lol yall better take them smokers lol
While I don’t agree with taking smokers, I applaud your observation about men. You are absolutely right. A large part of men’s woes are that they usually desire the cream of the crop without elevating themselves to that league.
Once a man can easily reject beautiful women in real life, he is in the big leagues and can afford to be picky.