Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Would you date a girl who smokes cigarettes?

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As the title says. I'm just curious what your stance on dating a smoker is.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like smoking so no I probably wouldn't. I would get annoyed with it in time.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
former smoker here but I never can get my head around the holier than thou attitude of non smokers. Being a smoker suggests: risk taker, fun, daring, doesn’t GAF.
Non smoker suggests: boring, timid, scaredy cat!

obviously joking as I haven’t smoked for years, I’ll have one on occasion but I don’t really like them anymore.

but jeez, you wouldn’t date someone because they smoke? Just a bit weird and up ones own backside!
In school it was the much more fun kids who broke rules and smoked. It was the annoying do gooders who were “it smells and it’s bad for you”

things may have changed now, this was the 90s

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I'm an athlete and I can't stand smoke and also I don't like when I smell cigars on girl.

Glassguy

Reaction score
Smoking is disgusting and shows they don't care about their health, they have no self resistance to unhealthy things and most women that I know who smoke regularly also have some mental issues from their addictive personality

No thanks.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It'd be tough to either long term or short term date one. She would need to make sure her mouth doesn't taste like an ash tray.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didnt you guys smoke/drink/take drugs at school? Did you rebel?

it was almost the defining feature of not being a pvssy at mine!

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What if she was a smoker but respectful enough not to smoke around you? I don't have any major issues with girls who smoke - the only thing I'm not too keen on is kissing a girl who has just smoked a cigarette.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Although women aren't overly thrilled that I'm a smoker, they don't act nearly as prissy as some of the attitudes demonstrated above (and by supposed men, of all people).

I've said it before. Many men on here seem behave more like they belong on the loveshack forum.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didnt you guys smoke/drink/take drugs at school? Did you rebel?

it was almost the defining feature of not being a pvssy at mine!
Apparently, the new 'rebel' does little to none of the above. Instead, they grow a beard and get a visible tattoo. And the extra wild and crazy types will spend hours on SoSuave trying to convince a bunch of male strangers about their 'successes' with women --- real tough guys for sure.

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Although women aren't overly thrilled that I'm a smoker, they don't act nearly as prissy as some of the attitudes demonstrated above (and by supposed men, of all people).

I've said it before. Many men on here seem behave more like they belong on the loveshack forum.
Does it make a guy less 'manly' to be against smoking and to be more of a clean living guy?

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it make a guy less 'manly' to be against smoking and to be more of a clean living guy?
yeah it kind of does. It makes them kind of pious, it’s generally chicks that have these kind of hang ups. Men should be driving a massive pick up, eating a steak the size of a toilet seat, hammering 12 beers and chuffing through a pack of Marlboro.

that naturally a joke, people can have whatever preference they want!
smoking is a bad habit, there is no doubt . It’s just life is too short to give a f. Most of the years you gain from living a clean life, mean you just end up with 15 years having alzheimers. The smokers give out before that point .

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As mentioned in my above comment (the one that prompted you to respond). Most women I date are against smoking. Apparently, they see positive qualities that i possess that seem override their smoking objection.

In response to your question, I'd ask that you re-read my initial above posting. My criticisms weren't based on a personal preferred lifestyle (although I do mock those that follow fashion trends ie; beards, tattoos etc...) . Basically, I was criticizing a lot of the non-smoking males for getting into a tizzy over smokers. The non-smoking women that I date ... do not act nearly as prissy.

Throughout my life, I've had friends that ranged from straight edge to heroin users. I have no problem with either lifestyle. I judge people based on their character - not by their recreational choices.

Last edited:

GaBrotha

Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's a one night stand with no kissing then hell yea. Otherwise, I wouldn't want to date her. I don't wanna be smelling smoke and ashes every time I go in for a kiss.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that by and large, the only women who smoke are inherently selfish in nature. Ever notice the way smokers drive? Excruciatingly slow and entitled. While they’re relaxing with their smoke, they feel they own the road and think that everyone must conform to their warped sense of time.

Aside from that, it’s simply a smelly, disgusting habit that affects everyone around them. A smoker immediately disqualifies herself to me.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd weigh up everything and from my experience of dating smokers, they sometimes give up anyway. My now ex wife smoked through school and then gave up around 20, a year into us dating and hasn;t smoked since. I didn;t even pressure her to stop, she just made a decision one day to stop and hasn;t touched them since.

I smoke when drinking, but not a big issue for me, probably as not that interested in long term relationships anyway - plus a good chance they'd stop or at least cut back anyway.

More the overall 'package' I wouldn;'t just write someone off who was otherwise a good partner. Seems over the top to me, but each to their own. I'm more put off by someone who each junk most days.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that by and large, the only women who smoke are inherently selfish in nature. Ever notice the way smokers drive? Excruciatingly slow and entitled. While they’re relaxing with their smoke, they feel they own the road and think that everyone must conform to their warped sense of time.

Aside from that, it’s simply a smelly, disgusting habit that affects everyone around them. A smoker immediately disqualifies herself to me.
i think that’s your own bias. The idea smokers drive any differently is pretty odd. Also given the fact that smokers are risk takers, and non smokers are risk adverse, I’d say the opposite is likely true.

I’m a former smoker of many moons ago, so I don’t have bias as such.

I would guess that relentless campaigns by health authorities/social progressives may have clouded the issue somewhat.

in terms of entitlement, I don’t see smokers demanding the right to smoke in other peoples living rooms and public spaces. Yet, non smokers are on the verge of banning smoking in all public Spaces in a number of countries. That’s highly authoritarian and illiberal.
It really is odd how vitriolic the anti smoking feeling is. I guess if you just repeat a message enough times in the media you can manufacture whatever grievance you want.

classic in group/out group dynamic. Smoking a fag, provided you aren’t literally blowing it in someone’a face doesn’t harm anyone but the smoker. The passive smoking figures are pretty overblown anyway. you most likely have more to risk from diesel fumes, but I don’t see diesel drivers being demonised.

live and let live.