Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Worst Dating Advice

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We'll never know exactly how these exceptions pull it off. They might not even know or how to explain it. And I'm not sure it can be easily copied anyway, so I wouldn't worry about the exceptions.
I dont. Tony seemed to be though.
Not a numbers guy as much as patterns. My brain always seems to recognize patterns.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All good stuff... but really the WORST advice I've ever heard is be persistent. This is bad for a couple of reasons... 1st... It doesn't work, there is really nothing you can do to get a chick to like you or make herself available if she isn't. That should be enough, but really not only does it NOT work, it distracts you from women who like you and want to be with you, and if you are not careful... will turn you into an obsessive creepy @ss motherfvcker.
Our actions and how we allow ourselves to be treated affect our image and our kharma in the world. Always pursuing or having to prove yourselves says she's worth more. And if that's how you do it your saying your not worth it. If you take a pause you'll find other women you can't even see who are interested. Treat yourself to people who look forward to you. Who cherish you. Who think you are of value. And thats what you'll attract.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"if you want a girl you have to conquer".

As if actions coming from a low value man could create attraction out of thin air.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistence is misunderstood. It does not mean being pushy or creepy. The best way I could decribe persistence as a positive trait is the extent to which your ego gets hurt from rejection. If you can be told no and internalize that as "not yet, no offense" then what does it matter how many times she says no before saying yes? But if you get butt hurt too easily over rejection (due to lack of other options) then you will give up too soon.

LARaiders85

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"if you want a girl you have to conquer".

As if actions coming from a low value man could create attraction out of thin air.
I feel like they used to be able to though. Game was very important in the past, we all knew ugly guys with slick azz game. Online dating changed things.

"If you love women, you must read the SoSuave Guide to Women. It's fantastic!"

markfromeurope

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All good stuff... but really the WORST advice I've ever heard is be persistent. This is bad for a couple of reasons... 1st... It doesn't work, there is really nothing you can do to get a chick to like you or make herself available if she isn't. That should be enough, but really not only does it NOT work, it distracts you from women who like you and want to be with you, and if you are not careful... will turn you into an obsessive creepy @ss motherfvcker.
John Bell Hood had no chance to read sosuave so he courted malignant teaser half of Civil War and didn't score.

That's why he lost it at Atlanta Campaign in 1864 imo and that's how term "blue ballz" was forged.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically anything a woman tells you to do, do the ****ing opposite.
This. NEVER ask a woman for advice on dating or other women in general.

Way back I used to ask girl-friends for advice. Learned over time it was bad advice for many reasons. Most guys (90+%) are way too beta/blue pill to offer substantive advice too. Didn't know back then though, either.

Then I started to study the guys who were "naturals" and used some of what they did along with my own strengths, experience, and trial and error, and the rest is well, history.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree it doesn't work 98% of the time - but how do you explain when it does work? We all know couples where the guy chased and chased and eventually wore her down. My friend's ex is now with someone how chased for like 8 months. She's attractive and mid 20s. I know of another couple like that too. Being persistent is a terrible idea but the exceptions are hard to explain.
I'll agree with this.

Chasing and wearing a girl down isn't my game, but I've seen it work. In one instance my best friend from college, his sister married a guy who would not stop pursuing her. She's maybe a HB6.5, he's about the same for a guy. He's a good guy, not a beta, and they've been married for 15 years. I remember way back I lived with my buddy for a while when I first moved to CO and his sister lived in the house too. She'd come home from school saying "Man, there's this guy who keeps asking me out and he won't take no for an answer." I'd just laugh and insult her, jokingly. She finally caved on the date and then marries the guy.

One reason might be because to you and me and most guys on SS, chasing and being overly persistent is bad; it signals you have no options, you're supplicating, she's the prize not you, etc., etc. But to some women's girl brains it may signal a guy who is focused, goes for what he wants, doesn't easily give up, is goal-oriented--all very positive qualities to be successful in life. She may actually see this as attractive over time.

Last edited:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One reason might be because to you and me and most guys on SS, chasing and being overly persistent is bad; it signals you have no options, you're supplicating, she's the prize not you, etc., etc. But to some women's girl brains it may signal a guy who is focused, goes for what he wants, doesn't easily give up, is goal-oriented--all very positive qualities to be successful in life. She may actually see this as attractive over time.
I agree and I think this happens quite often or used to at least outside of the SS crowd. I've talked to several married people about how they met and a good majority of the females I talked to all said that they weren't interested in their now husbands initially.

This can often go back to the fact that we always say that women don't know what they want. If you are just appearing as another avg guy or in front of her for looks only, she won't know what kind of guy you really are as you appear to be just like everyone else. She also can't gauge your interest and commitment level. However if you're persistent, you are basically shoving down her throat who you are and forcing her to get to know the real you and showing her that you are focused and committed to making it happen. There's a chance that she can like you more after she gets to know you(I'm talking about beyond the first few dates or weeks).

TonyTenner

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont. Tony seemed to be though.
Not a numbers guy as much as patterns. My brain always seems to recognize patterns.
I don't worry about the exceptions but I am curious. Since I was RPed I have found it extraordinary how many women fall into the patterns and behaviours predicted by the RP. It's above 90%. As others have noted, you can quite accurately predict a woman's reply to a carefully worded RP-aware question.

However I have come across exceptions, sometimes enormous ones that are quite inexplicable e.g. a low value man - in every single category - with a high value woman, and somehow they're still together despite all the odds. Others must know of similar stories.

As I said, just curious. For sure, the patterns are what's of real interest, and value.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll agree with this.

Chasing and wearing a girl down isn't my game, but I've seen it work. In one instance my best friend from college, his sister married a guy who would not stop pursuing her. She's maybe a HB6.5, he's about the same for a guy. He's a good guy, not a beta, and they've been married for 15 years. I remember way back I lived with my buddy for a while when I first moved to CO and his sister lived in the house too. She'd come home from school saying "Man, there's this guy who keeps asking me out and he won't take no for an answer." I'd just laugh and insult her, jokingly. She finally caved on the date and then marries the guy.

I can easily explain that. College Chad wasn’t gonna commit, graduation was approaching fast and she was about to have to earn a living. Being the 6.5 she is, she thought she could lock down an 8-10, like most girls that are naive and confuse pumps and dumps with a guy liking them. Your friend is a safety net and she knew she wasn’t gonna do any better. They’ve stayed married because she’s not going back on the carousel because at her peak she was a 6.5, and that was 15 years ago.

stringpuller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However I have come across exceptions, sometimes enormous ones that are quite inexplicable e.g. a low value man - in every single category - with a high value woman, and somehow they're still together despite all the odds. Others must know of similar stories.
Are you certain he is low value and she is high? Sometimes we can read the dynamic is off.
I cant tell you how many times a guy can paint himself Alpha while being with the guys anf beta while with the girl. Her anxiety says other wise when you hang out with them.

Patterns are easy to recognize but RP is definately a requirement.

metalwater

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistence is misunderstood. It does not mean being pushy or creepy. The best way I could decribe persistence as a positive trait is the extent to which your ego gets hurt from rejection. If you can be told no and internalize that as "not yet, no offense" then what does it matter how many times she says no before saying yes? But if you get butt hurt too easily over rejection (due to lack of other options) then you will give up too soon.
the idea is that girls will want sex with you right away if she likes you and not want to wait(some do; some don't). Similar to what men want. The kicker is that we want to believe that girl is only that way with us and not a bunch of others. is there a case where she wants to but doesn't quickly because she believes it is not proper behavior. in that case, persistence could be the right path. The kicker on that one is will she submit then to another that is also persistent.

Put away your credit card.

You can now read our detailed guide to women and dating for free - Right Here!

Deep State

Reaction score
I agree and I think this happens quite often or used to at least outside of the SS crowd. I've talked to several married people about how they met and a good majority of the females I talked to all said that they weren't interested in their now husbands initially.
High mutual physical attraction may not have to be instant (love at first sight), but should come very early and very naturally once you start talking to her and interacting with her.

I have seen girls write that they like to be pursued, or even expect to be pursued, but I don't think that really works in the #metoo era. Or, to the extent that it does work, the girl was already interested, or at least intrigued.

It's fine to court a girl (dating), but in my experience, the girl has to be quite interested to even agree to a coffee date or to go out for an ice cream cone or to watch a movie.

It's fine to pursue a relationship - dating. I think it's risky and doesn't really work to pursue a first date - she probably just isn't interested.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“Single mothers make great girlfriends because they’re responsible and don’t play games”