Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Workout Log

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deadlift

455 x 8
405 x 12

havent put up any videos yet, but im broke and strapped for time right now, planning on opening up my own training gym

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so im walking around my gym to see what everyones up to and make my rounds of hello's and whats ups, until i see a guy in my powercage, with perfect low bar squat form repping 315 like its a piece of paper.

Dude turns around and turns out to be 5 time world champion david ricks the guy thats in my powerlifintg magazines and that movie power unlimited. Im star struck introducing him to everyone in the gym and picking his brain about technique.

After awhile I told him i would like for him to help me out and get stronger than i've ever been. He tells me,
" yea man i love talking about this stuff, I'll teach you EVERYTHING I know. "
and there it is. my new coach is DAVID RICKS !!!

im still in disbelief that he was working out at my gym and he's gonna teach me all his secrets !!!

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gym is becoming loaded with lifting celebrities. This diesel body builder chick who think benches over 300 and squats over 500 see's me training this dude and asks which template i was studying. I told her I followed alot of west side stuff, but I quit following other peopls stuff and did my own style of training. She told me she lifted with dave tate and every single respectable name in the strength and conditioning family.

I told her my plans to open my own gym and she told me her plans of starting a strongman lifting club. I then introduced her to dave ricks and now, im gonna unite all the strongest people at my gym into a sick lifting community.

I've also shifted my focus. I've decided to emphasize my upper body training in order to hit 315 on the bench. after i hit 315 the next goal is 500 on the squat.

instead of putting down my numbers Im just gonna focus on Program Design.
for now until Im better conditioned for this new routine i created.

Mon
Rack Bench Press (pressing from the lowest position)
Rack Lockouts
One Arm DB row (Heavy weight Hi-Rep)
Power Rows (exercise I made up using a hammer strength squat lunge machine)
Farmers Walk
Face Pulls

Wed
Band Bench Press
Ply Push Ups

Fri circuit training for 10 rounds
Pull Ups
Dips
Farmers walk (pinching plates together)

I haven't done wed. work out yet so Im not sure how its gonna work out but so far my programs have been money !

Last edited:

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She told me she lifted with dave tate and every single respectable name in the strength and conditioning family.
Hah, there's name droppin for ya. Did she give you her name? If she's lifted with a bunch of the top strength coaches she's probably known herself(esp with a 300 bench!!!) That's no easy feat, and an almost impossible one for a woman even with juice.

Good luck with your plans on the lifting community. I tell you, there's such a market for that sort of thing where I am... There's like 1 fvcking decent gym in the entire state and its an hour drive from where I am.

Hey keep me informed on how your gym goes... at first glance it seems like a great idea but I know starting capital is an issue, as is pressure from the big boys in the industry.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My recovery has been kinda slow, did box jumps...after months of not doing them...53" easily.

My upper body / bench press improvement routine is still in effect. im not sure how well its working but my upper body has gotten bigger and im feeling a difference. In a few more weeks im gonna see what the results are when it comes time to do a regular flat bench.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just for kicks I wanted to to try squatting at a new gym I train at

Video of me
Box Squatting 445

Last edited:

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drum&Bass said:
My gym is becoming loaded with lifting celebrities. This diesel body builder chick who think benches over 300 and squats over 500 see's me training this dude and asks which template i was studying. I told her I followed alot of west side stuff, but I quit following other peopls stuff and did my own style of training. She told me she lifted with dave tate and every single respectable name in the strength and conditioning family.

I told her my plans to open my own gym and she told me her plans of starting a strongman lifting club. I then introduced her to dave ricks and now, im gonna unite all the strongest people at my gym into a sick lifting community.

I've also shifted my focus. I've decided to emphasize my upper body training in order to hit 315 on the bench. after i hit 315 the next goal is 500 on the squat.

instead of putting down my numbers Im just gonna focus on Program Design.
for now until Im better conditioned for this new routine i created.

Mon
Rack Bench Press (pressing from the lowest position)
Rack Lockouts
One Arm DB row (Heavy weight Hi-Rep)
Power Rows (exercise I made up using a hammer strength squat lunge machine)
Farmers Walk
Face Pulls

Wed
Band Bench Press
Ply Push Ups

Fri circuit training for 10 rounds
Pull Ups
Dips
Farmers walk (pinching plates together)

I haven't done wed. work out yet so Im not sure how its gonna work out but so far my programs have been money !

What would you consider a "heavy weight high rep" for the one arm dB row?

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
deadlift
135 x 3
185 x 3
225 x 3
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 2
405 x 2
455 x 1
475 x 1
495 x 1
510 fail

bench press
bar
65 x 3
85 x 3
105 x 3
135 x 3
175 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 3
245 x 3
265 x 2
275 x 1

Negatives bench press

275 x 2
295 x 2
315 x 2
335 x 2

upper chest cables for reps
machine flys for reps

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude that's some crazy ass volume on those deads!!!!

Saw your vid of the 445 box squat... gotta say I'm impressed! My spine would snap like a twig w/ that kinda weight.

Keep it up!

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
10 Rounds

Pull Ups
BW X 10
before every round of rowing.

Underhand Standing Barbell Row

1.) 20 x bar

2.) 20 X 95

3.) 20 x 115

4.) 20 x 135

5.) 15 x 185

6.) 15 x 225

7.) 13 x 245

8.) 10 x 275

9.) 7 x 295

10.) 5 x 315

at the end of the rounds

Reverse Extensor Curls*

run down the rack starting at 30 ending up at 70 and down again..
just rep till it burns so bad you cant continue.

*an exercise i made up (havent seen it or read about it anywhere) that hits the extensors in the forearms and biceps.
I've found this has also helped in completely fixing bicep strains that i had developed doing underhand straight bar pull ups.

Im at a gym that has a marpo kinetics 250 and ill burn out my triceps and biceps with this.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
warm up - Skipping - bounding

Deadlift
bar
5 x 225
3 x 275
3 x 315
2 x 365
20 x 405

Various Bicep Curls
Wrist exercises

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
been focusing on getting my upper body bigger..

Heavy Band Bench Presses are now my default bench press, very rarely will I just do a regular flat bench unless Im going for size and endurance.

Focusing on forearm and wrist development as well as tricep building.

Getting my upper body to become bigger and stronger is carrying over to my squats, deadlifts and every other lift. I rarely do them, but when I do maintenance work pulling and squatting feels like its getting lighter and easier and Im not even focusing on trying to develop them right now.

I've also learned a few new tips on developing the squat in my spare time and Im looking forward to specializing in that area again.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warm Up
Skipping
Jumping Pull Ups
One arm DB Snatch
3 x (35 - 75) lbs
1 x (80 - 100) lbs

Squats
BW - Bar - 315 for a few reps

Box Squats

475 Fail

Last edited:

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Benching
Sandbag Overhead press
Bench Pressing with Bands
Hi-Rep Incline dumbell BP
Weighted Dips
Rope Tricep Press downs
Push Ups
Various exercises for rear delts

These are the staple exercises of my workouts for around 8 months

After months of specializing on the bench press Im up to 275. According to my log I think I started around August of last year, I've added 10lbs to my bench press...10lbs in 8 months !

I use to be a squat / deadlift over head press and everything else except arms and chest kind of guy..but I started realizing I was becoming imbalanced and incomplete, so I drastically cut back lots of lower body exercises and only did things that would support my bench.

I can still deadlift 500, (much easier now that my upper body is bigger and stronger) and Still deep squat well above 315 for reps.

After I hit 315 on the bench, which should take 32 months according to my log, I'll specialize in squatting and begin bringing up my squat numbers to 500.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol outta curiosity whats up with the flashing lights?

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dips

started off with bodyweight

then 25lbs

35lbs

45lbs

finished with 110lbs

I dont count my reps

I just do them and stop with some energy to spare.

farmers walk
55lbs - 120lbs

Box Jumps

Power cleans
3 x 10 reps 135lbs

Im really getting into partial range of motion movements when it comes to hamstrings and curls. These have been really effective in rehab and developing weak points. Also training more like a bodybuilder to help bring up my strength gains.

Tore my left hamstring doing single leg deadlifts...

ii'll have more vids up soon