Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Working out when tired

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys stick to your gym routine when you're tired?

I'm supposed to go hard today on day 83 with biceps and triceps as I'm in my final days of Kris Gethin's 12-week daily training program.

I got 4.9 hours of sleep last night, yet my body feels like 1-3 hours of sleep. I'm exhausted and figure I should take it easy after work today. I don't want to make excuses or be lazy.

I'm motivated to work out still though after work after reading this comment on the bodybuilding.com forum:

I never workout without eight hours of sleep in total darkness, a rejuvenating body scrub, and a gentle towel girl to massage my t3sticles...

Stfu and get lifting.

:lol:

Last edited:

Billtx49

Reaction score
Being tired = less effective physical performance
The mind drives the body.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Completed day83 workout. :D No excuses, DJs. Wooooooooo!!!!!!
Hey bro. You can be "tired". You don't always have to make a PEAK effort. Sometimes it can be simply for the blood flow and movement. On days where you think it may be overdoing it, cut the session really short like 20-30 minutes. Don't push your max exertion, it's not necessary 100% of the time.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, man. Yeah, I lowered the weight tonight in my DTP sets a little more than usual and took rests as needed to not risk injuring during the session. I got one last workout on legs tomorrow and I'll have finished the 12 week training.

Thinking of hitting up Arnold's Blueprint to mass program on bodybuilding.com next to gain the extra 5~15 pounds from lifting. I've added mass, now I just have to figure out more sculpting routines for better definition.

My sneaking suspicion is that I have to hit up cardio or high-intensity interval circuit training. I just don't want to lose the 25 pounds I gained over the last 3 months by cutting... ::headscratch::

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, man. Yeah, I lowered the weight tonight in my DTP sets a little more than usual and took rests as needed to not risk injuring during the session. I got one last workout on legs tomorrow and I'll have finished the 12 week training.

Thinking of hitting up Arnold's Blueprint to mass program on bodybuilding.com next to gain the extra 5~15 pounds from lifting. I've added mass, now I just have to figure out more sculpting routines for better definition.

My sneaking suspicion is that I have to hit up cardio or high-intensity interval circuit training. I just don't want to lose the 25 pounds I gained over the last 3 months by cutting... ::headscratch::
Fat is fat. Muscle is muscle Personally I don't believe in whale style or pig style bulking. Real muscle takes time to build. There's really no good reason to be much over 10% body fat.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh. Well, I've gone from 136 to 156 in the past three or so months. I've been hovering steady at 8.5%bf range. I plan to slow things down now though... We'll see how the Arnold program goes.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh. Well, I've gone from 136 to 156 in the past three or so months. I've been hovering steady at 8.5%bf range. I plan to slow things down now though... We'll see how the Arnold program goes.
Be happy to get 10lb a year from this point. 5'8" and 160 is descent weight if it's all muscle.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have huge respect for Kris Gethin's 12-week training program. I watched his daily videos these last few months and was always inspired to hit the gym after watching each video going into the workout. The remarkable thing? He completed the 12-weeks 2/3 of it being sick as all hell and still got into the best shape he's been in. That's discipline.

Agree, @Espi. Working out regardless of what's going on builds toughness and character for sure. It reminds me of the guy's who play extreme sports or sports consistently who get out there and exercise no matter what. Like the paid NFL players that are still on the field regardless of weather conditions: field is muddy, rain, snow, or 120 degrees on the field. They play.

Obviously, if one has a serious physical injury; rest, or find way(s) to work around the injury. If it's just a mental issue of excuses, tired, lazy, etc. then you still work out.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Starting Arnold's Blueprint to Mass 2-month program today with chest, back, and abs. I'm freaking stoked guys! I looked at his diet/nutrition plan and he recommends 1g = 1 lb of body weight daily. So, since I'm 156, supposively I should be getting in 156g protein.

Also, just got back from the store after buying all my food sources... dropped $70. Fuel for gym workouts ain't cheap. I may have to start finding a place to buy cheaper food in bulk. Eggs, meat, veggies, etc.

Heading back into the hyperbolic time chamber (Dbz reference).

See you guys in two months! ;)

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I swallow 3 eggs every morning.
Is it safe to swallow raw eggs? Salmonella risk? I know the chances are rare... something like 1 in 200,000. Source: http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/happens-drink-eggs-3003.html

Just want to be sure if there's a recommended type. I just bought and 18 egg carton pack. There are all kinds of eggs at the store now. Cage-free, omega-3, organic, etc. etc.

I eat clean for the most part. I quit soda last year. I stay away from candy. I've reduced alcohol to sometimes on the weekend with buddies or social spheres. I think the one thing I could do is cut fast food during lunches for work when I go out at lunch time with coworkers. I probably need to up the green veg uptake. I put two handfuls of spinach into my preworkout smooth 5x/week.

Last edited:

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

25 pounds over 3 months, awesome gains.. You on anything? Or is this a honeymoon period?

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
25 pounds over 3 months, awesome gains.. You on anything? Or is this a honeymoon period?
Heh. Nah. Just eating frequently throughout the day.

Hydration
2 scoops of BCAA (branched chain amino acid) in my water that I drink and I re-add water in all day.

Pre-workout smoothy
I put 4 scoops of Cyto Carb2 in my pre-workout drink along with banana, creatine, two handfuls of spinach, local honey, cinnamon, hemp milk, almonds, blueberries, key lime Greek yogurt, and sometimes peanut butter.

After workout
I eat a solid dinner after working out sometime between 5-7pm with a whey protein shake.

Late evening wind-down nutrition
Mid-evening snack and then whey protein shake just before sleep. Also a big fan of Rockn' Refuel's chocolate milk (check out the label here).

I'm up 20 lbs, not 25 lbs (my typo previously, my bad), but thanks for the props.

Last edited:

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Sleep is more important then lifting. whats the point if your workout is gonna be blown because your body is not sufficiently rested. If i were you i would eat a big ass bowl of spaghetti or go get a chipotle or some **** andI say fuk it an go pass out before ur azz goes fullblown catabolic.

then get up early the next day and hit the gym and go beast mode.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you guys stick to your gym routine when you're tired?

I'm supposed to go hard today on day 83 with biceps and triceps as I'm in my final days of Kris Gethin's 12-week daily training program.

I got 4.9 hours of sleep last night, yet my body feels like 1-3 hours of sleep. I'm exhausted and figure I should take it easy after work today. I don't want to make excuses or be lazy.

I'm motivated to work out still though after work after reading this comment on the bodybuilding.com forum:

I never workout without eight hours of sleep in total darkness, a rejuvenating body scrub, and a gentle towel girl to massage my t3sticles...

Stfu and get lifting.

:lol:

Unless its a physical exhaustion far different from not getting sleep for one night...mayb if you have been workign really hard over the last week and have been geting a few hours a sleep the entire week then I might skip the workout tto get sleep instead....