Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Woman I am dating is stressed about family issues, effecting when we are together. Options for handling?

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,865
Reaction score
19,093
It’s courteous to do as he did. They weren’t dating for one or two weeks but rather for 3 months. There’s no need to be a jack ass and besides he’d look butthurt if he simply vanished or rambled on ad nauseum so a middle path is the most balanced and socially calibrated response.

Additionally he does not burn the bridge with her. Once her life straightens out he’s left the door open to future interactions. He loses nothing in doing this.

Nuance people. Interactions between people are nuanced. @BackInTheGame78 understands that. There is much instructive for other readers in the way he has handled the situation, which I think he did in a mature & adroit way.
The truth is I feel her life just got too crazy with some family issues, she is a teacher and is stressed about what's going to happen this year with going back to school or how that's all going to work and I think fitting me into all that became a source of stress for her instead of what was once stress relief.

I am not mad or bitter or anything. I think sometimes life just gets in the way too much...some people are built to handle that better than others.

I'm not sure there was really anything else I could have done to have changed this outcome. I guess we will see what happens in the future.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,415
Reaction score
7,933
Age
57
The truth is I feel her life just got too crazy with some family issues, she is a teacher and is stressed about what's going to happen this year with going back to school or how that's all going to work and I think fitting me into all that became a source of stress for her instead of what was once stress relief.

I am not mad or bitter or anything. I think sometimes life just gets in the way too much...some people are built to handle that better than others.

I'm not sure there was really anything else I could have done to have changed this outcome.
That makes sense. One of my sisters is a high school teacher. It is an absolute cluster fvck from the state level all the way down to the district level and school level. She is like WTF

You did what you could. It is what it is.
 

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2012
Messages
3,361
Reaction score
1,594
Age
42
It’s courteous to do as he did. They weren’t dating for one or two weeks but rather for 3 months. There’s no need to be a jack ass and besides he’d look butthurt if he simply vanished or rambled on ad nauseum so a middle path is the most balanced and socially calibrated response.

Additionally he does not burn the bridge with her. Once her life straightens out he’s left the door open to future interactions. He loses nothing in doing this.

Nuance people. Interactions between people are nuanced. @BackInTheGame78 understands that. There is much instructive for other readers in the way he has handled the situation, which I think he did in a mature & adroit way.
here is the thing for me he rambled, remember it was in a msg, she wasn't even interested in doing this in person, I normally try to mimic or mirro the degree of effort of certain people when dealing with this, her effort was minimum so I would do the same, but I also follow the you only had one chance blow it and it never again, also I hadly care what she would think, I do things who would benefit me long sap msg or over explaining or letting the door open don't benefit me
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,865
Reaction score
19,093
here is the thing for me he rambled, remember it was in a msg, she wasn't even interested in doing this in person, I normally try to mimic or mirro the degree of effort of certain people when dealing with this, her effort was minimum so I would do the same, but I also follow the you only had one chance blow it and it never again, also I hadly care what she would think, I do things who would benefit me long sap msg or over explaining or letting the door open don't benefit me
I am glad it wasn't in person. I don't have time to waste on that nonsense!
 

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,738
Age
52
I think you ended it well, leaving the door open for the future if things straighten out on her end. Give her 6 months of no contact on your part and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that she will reach out to you before then. Sometimes you just gotta say "It's not MY problem."
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top