Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Will you take the covid vaccine?

Will you get the vaccine...

• Yes, as soon as possible

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • No way in hell

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • I'm going to wait and see.

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or work out in the open and indoors intersecting various people from all walks of life and conditions, for the entirety of this hoax, with 4 weeks off vacation thrown in, and allthewhile taking Vitamin-C and Zinc daily as well as already being fit through exercise since August 2019, and you'll still be disaffected, not only from this hoax, but from things like the old-school flu (that apparently no longer EXISTS??) and various other sniffles.
This is a poor spin job that makes no sense. The flu exists and vaccinations for the flu were up this year.

There are only three options, which I listed above. Either stay at home for 2-3 years, catch Covid-19, or take the vaccine. Take your pick.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not going to engage or argue something that won't go anywhere. You cannot reduce a virus to zero. Impossible and it's not "if" but "when" people will get it. People always try to change things out of their control including other people. Some can't accept reality of what will happen.
Again, you're conflating lack of control with the inability to reduce risk to zero. Here, I've got a nice bottle of gin for you, pound down a few and go out for a drive. After all, you can't 100% control whether or not you're going to be in a traffic accident, so why not? Chances are even good that no harm will come of it. It's not like every drunk driver has an incident every time they venture out, right?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, you're conflating lack of control with the inability to reduce risk to zero. Here, I've got a nice bottle of gin for you, pound down a few and go out for a drive. After all, you can't 100% control whether or not you're going to be in a traffic accident, so why not? Chances are even good that no harm will come of it. It's not like every drunk driver has an incident every time they venture out, right?
Your analogy is flawed, alcohol has been studied and effects well known for years with proven studies. Covid is new and no one knows 100% certainty on everything there is to know about it. Therefore you have several beliefs regarding this. I have mine and you have yours. Is your thinking right? Maybe, but we won't know for some time when we can all look back after more has been found out about it.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your analogy is flawed, alcohol has been studied and effects well known for years with proven studies. Covid is new and no one knows 100% certainty on everything there is to know about it. Therefore you have several beliefs regarding this. I have mine and you have yours. Is your thinking right? Maybe, but we won't know for some time when we can all look back after more has been found out about it.
Deflection. My analogy would be just as valid if you substituted cannabis for alcohol. Driving with impairment is driving with impairment, regardless of the source of that impairment.

We know enough about how Covid19 spreads to know how to slow that spread, which is what matters right here and now. If we happen to learn more in the future about contagion and therefore ways to mitigate that contagion, then all the better. These are not mutually exclusive concepts.

This is not about my "beliefs", it's about putting the available knowledge to best use.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deflection. My analogy would be just as valid if you substituted cannabis for alcohol. Driving with impairment is driving with impairment, regardless of the source of that impairment.
Yet throughout the the years, you have had several drunk driving related accidents, near misses, driving drunk and getting lucky to make it home, etc. So what does this say about society?

So what you're telling me is wear mask, take vaccine, socially distance yourself then when you think you're safe, you'll be run down from a drunk driver. LOL

My point in all this is life can throw you several curve balls and I laugh at people that think they are in control of it, or try to control it.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yet throughout the the years, you have had several drunk driving related accidents, near misses, driving drunk and getting lucky to make it home, etc. So what does this say about society?

So what you're telling me is wear mask, take vaccine, socially distance yourself then when you think you're safe, you'll be run down from a drunk driver. LOL
It says that society cares enough about the common good to enact laws that demonstrably reduce the incidence of harm caused by alcohol-related driver impairment. Just because it doesn't reduce it to zero didn't make it not worth doing.

And you're the one coming to that conclusion, not me.
My point in all this is life can throw you several curve balls and I laugh at people that think they are in control of it, or try to control it.
Again, conflating lack of control with the inability to reduce risk to zero.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It says that society cares enough about the common good to enact laws that demonstrably reduce the incidence of harm caused by alcohol-related driver impairment. Just because it doesn't reduce it to zero didn't make it not worth doing.
If society cared that much, why not outlaw alcohol altogether? What good does alcohol do in the first place? Wouldn't outlawing alcohol greatly reduce drunk driving accidents, fights, liver damage, health care costs, etc?

Point is people have agenda's and I don't buy into it. People are free to agree or buy into various agenda's. I'm not here to force anything down anyone's throats.

You do you and keep going.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If society cared that much, why not outlaw alcohol altogether? What good does alcohol do in the first place? Wouldn't outlawing alcohol greatly reduce drunk driving accidents, fights, liver damage, health care costs, etc?
Whataboutism. You're not wrong that if alcohol could be banned then there is a good chance that there would be positive effects. The USA had the political will to do exactly that 100 years ago, though it didn't stick. The best that society has been able to do, at this point in time, is to impose restrictions on alcohol consumption. It didn't reduce risks to zero, but it created better outcomes.

Point is people have agenda's and I don't buy into it. People are free to agree or buy into various agenda's. I'm not here to force anything down anyone's throats.

You do you and keep going.
Non-sequitor. This is not about agenda.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree but this can go in several directions that I'm not willing to put the effort into. Everything is about agenda's these days.
I'll respectfully put out the notion that you may be applying mutual exclusivity where none exists. For example, someone can have an agenda but still be right (for some definitions of "right"). Otherwise known as: "doing the right thing for the wrong reasons".

I'll also ask that you reconsider that "everything is about agendas these days". Rather, I see it that agenda is being disproportionately attributed to the actions of individuals and organizations. In other words, it's not that suddenly everyone and everything has an agenda, but there is an effective contingent in the information ecosystem that is relentlessly casting actions and outcomes in that light.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll respectfully put out the notion that you may be applying mutual exclusivity where none exists. For example, someone can have an agenda but still be right (for some definitions of "right"). Otherwise known as: "doing the right thing for the wrong reasons".

I'll also ask that you reconsider that "everything is about agendas these days". Rather, I see it that agenda is being disproportionately attributed to the actions of individuals and organizations. In other words, it's not that suddenly everyone and everything has an agenda, but there is an effective contingent in the information ecosystem that is relentlessly casting actions and outcomes in that light.
There are some situtations that can occur like your describing but to me those are the exceptions. We can agree to disagree and leave it at that. I'm not trying to change your beliefs, yet I've understood them to the best of my ability. My brain isn't wired like yours and I have mine.

Beyond all this static, I believe most of humans are alike but we often concentrate on trying to dissect the differences instead. But in reality we have more similarities than differences. It's the internet that is especially good at promoting those differences into a toxic environment that exists today. No one wants to see people die and we all want everyone to be well. I think everyone can agree to that unified thought.
I'll be signing off on that note as far as this is concerned.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't ask for the truth. I asked for a definition or clarification of what you said. Your rationalization is retarded, by the way. I'm willing to hear your argument but you're not willing or able to provide it in full. If you're not interested in persuading me or informing me, okay then.
That's my point. You asked a question, I answered it in a way that would provoke thought in that if you actually gave a chit you'd take the 5 secs to right click, highlight and search.

I do this on purpose at times just show how conditioned society has made us in being lazy, how most don't give a rat's a$$ and how most wanna be spoon fed like a baby.

Curiosity killed the cat. I post in hopes that at least one person will get curious enough to dig for the truth which will ultimately kill the sheep within him/her self.

I respectfully disagree but this can go in several directions that I'm not willing to put the effort into. Everything is about agenda's these days.
You're wasting your time. Him and Eyebrollin are like twins.

Last edited:

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That's my point. You asked a question, I answered it in a way that would provoke thought in that if you actually cared you'd take the 5 secs to right click, highlight and search.
Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence.

I do this on purpose at times just show how conditioned society has made us in being lazy, how most don't give a rat's a$$ and how most wanna be spoon fed like a baby.
Evasion.

You're wasting your time. Him and Eyebrollin are like twins.
Ad hominem.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who's telling people to be afraid? Is advocating for drunk-driving laws fearmongering? After all, drunk-driving laws are more about protecting the non-driver (especially people outside the vehicle), is that driven by fear? Or, just maybe, to protect the common good?

Do you look both ways before crossing the street? Yes? Well then, the fearmongering must have cowed you into being a wimp who's afraid of what a 'lil old automobile might do to you.
I don't only look to both sides I also listen to any sound who could indicate a engine on close to me, I also tend to notice people behind be by they walking sound or just they presence, but I don't we are talking about using our senses to notice things around you, we are talking about control, laws per see is a mass control using fear, not only driving all laws are, if you don't you are fined or going to jail, but of course that laws only hit the small midle people, politicians and really rich have another set of laws to follow, is some places they even bend the law to save they asses, we saw that in all around the world there is no ONE country who don't do that, all you have to do is search, midia also tend to not inform such things, it can make they pay disapear, best way to prevent the "free speach" on a news outlet is not forbid it, is to pay then to stay quiet, by using federal funds to propaganda to "inform" people of what the goverment is doing.

but let's talk about teh virus again who is what youa re so afraid of, I can understand you are afraid, i'm a fighter I know how to give fear to my oponents, and myself never seen afraid, what I can show you is history telling how previous pandemics killed, in times we didn't have half the world pop we have today, I can show you numbers of how much the flu killed last year and before, but we know you wouldn't want to belive then, you want to have your emotions validate, so I will give it to you, I know you are afraid, its ok to be afraid of the unknow, not everyone have the balls to search the dakness to find the light so you can stop be so afraid, and I understand you are afraid to die.

but its not ok to hide in fear waiting for someone to save you, no one will do that, and if you do the price to pay will be too big, also understand there is no saving you from this virus, vacines are telling us they will aave a effective of 3-4 months before you need to take another, consider also people who already caughtit, are getting it again, lockdowns don't work they only push the problem to a later date, hence the 2nd wave the media is loving to spill it now, also its not ok to try to push your fears to other people, not eveyone is a coward like you, and other have the knowledge to survive anything are throw at then.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't only look to both sides I also listen to any sound who could indicate a engine on close to me, I also tend to notice people behind be by they walking sound or just they presence, but I don't we are talking about using our senses to notice things around you, we are talking about control, laws per see is a mass control using fear, not only driving all laws are, if you don't you are fined or going to jail, but of course that laws only hit the small midle people, politicians and really rich have another set of laws to follow, is some places they even bend the law to save they asses, we saw that in all around the world there is no ONE country who don't do that, all you have to do is search, midia also tend to not inform such things, it can make they pay disapear, best way to prevent the "free speach" on a news outlet is not forbid it, is to pay then to stay quiet, by using federal funds to propaganda to "inform" people of what the goverment is doing.
False Equivalency. Enforcing public health guidelines when citizens are not voluntarily choosing to do so is not mass control. No more than DWI, seat belt laws, reckless endangerment laws, disruption-of-the-peace regulations, etc. As they say, "your freedom to throw a punch ends at the tip of my nose".

but let's talk about teh virus again who is what youa re so afraid of, I can understand you are afraid, i'm a fighter I know how to give fear to my oponents, and myself never seen afraid, what I can show you is history telling how previous pandemics killed, in times we didn't have half the world pop we have today, I can show you numbers of how much the flu killed last year and before, but we know you wouldn't want to belive then, you want to have your emotions validate, so I will give it to you, I know you are afraid, its ok to be afraid of the unknow, not everyone have the balls to search the dakness to find the light so you can stop be so afraid, and I understand you are afraid to die.

but its not ok to hide in fear waiting for someone to save you, no one will do that, and if you do the price to pay will be too big, also understand there is no saving you from this virus, vacines are telling us they will aave a effective of 3-4 months before you need to take another, consider also people who already caughtit, are getting it again, lockdowns don't work they only push the problem to a later date, hence the 2nd wave the media is loving to spill it now, also its not ok to try to push your fears to other people, not eveyone is a coward like you, and other have the knowledge to survive anything are throw at then.
I do not fear sunburn. I do not fear mosquito or tick bites (those these days I probably should). I do not fear being hit by an automobile.

Rather, I strongly prefer to avoid those things, because I have better things to do with my time than deal with the consequences of those outcomes. So I put on sunscreen. I put on insect repellent. I drive defensively, and am aware of my surroundings when I am a pedestrian or bicyclist sharing the road with automobiles.

This is not fear, it is making common sense choices for my own well-being. Resorting to calling it fear shows that you have no better arguments in your favor.

My behavior towards Covid is rooted in the same motivation. Fear absolutely does not drive my behavior. Why wouldn't I want to avoid catching Covid? I've had the flu before, and it really, really sucks. I don't exactly have a burning desire to contract something that's worse.

Covid mitigation has the additional dimension of morals. I choose to exercise the things that are in my control in order to avoid, the best that I can, from infecting other people without their consent.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's political, gentlemen. China is over it. Switzerland never shut down ~ lowest cases/deaths.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's political, gentlemen. China is over it. Switzerland never shut down ~ lowest cases/deaths.
That information is false. Sweden is so far the only country that never shut down and that turned out to be a fvcking disaster, but that doesn't go along with the theme of this conspiration thread, so don't mind me over here providing some actual facts based in reality.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What an unbiased, reputable source ya got there. Nice.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.