Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why you Must Block her Social Media after a Breakup

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If there’s one thing more humiliating than self-pity and breakup drama, it’s when you do it publicly. Not only will you lose her respect, you’ll lose the respect of all your online friends and followers. They’ll see exactly why she needed to get away from you.

A lot of couples play hurtful games on social media after a breakup. It can turn into a competition of who cares the least and who’s moved on the quickest. They drag innocent victims into their drama and take shots at each other via passive aggressive memes. It’s cringe-worthy for everyone watching. It prolongs the suffering of the breakup and can cause irreparable damage.

Likewise, we’ve all seen guys posting heartfelt verses about lost love, depression and suicide, in an underhanded attempt to guilt trip their ex. For ****’s sake, don’t embarrass yourself like this! If you can’t control what you post, you need to deactivate your social media until you’re thinking clearly.

All this drama and paranoia is self-inflicted and completely unnecessary. It’s keeping you stuck in the past and preventing you from moving on.

This is why you MUST block her social media after a breakup.

Online stalking can ruin your life
Another destructive aspect of social media is the temptation to stalk your ex. In this day and age it’s easy to find out what she’s up to and who she’s with. It hurts when you see new photos of her, especially if she appears to be having fun without you. You might see another guy in her photos or see them chatting in her comments section. You’re going to get anxious and blow the slightest sign out of proportion.

Let’s be blunt here. Now that she’s single, she’s entitled to talk to whoever she wants. She can date and live life as she sees fit. That’s hard for you to deal with, but you have no claim on her. So why torture yourself?

Like monkeys swinging from branch to branch, there are a lot of girls who won’t let go of their relationship until they have another prospect in their grasp. It’s a ****ty move and it’s going to hurt like hell if you see her with another man so soon after your breakup. But what are you going to do? Confront her? Play the self righteous victim and whine about how you were betrayed?

Digging into her business can turn into an obsession that can literally ruin your life.

Even if you find evidence that she lied or cheated, you are the one who will suffer. You’ll carry this bitterness and distrust for the rest of your life, allowing it to drag you down and sabotage future relationships. It’s in your best interest if you don’t know what she’s doing or who she’s with.

Ride into the Sunset
Rise above it and show some pride. Remove yourself from her life by deactivating social media or blocking her accounts. If you have mutual friends, ask them not to tell you anything about her. If she or anyone else asks why you’ve blocked her, explain you think it’s best to make a clean break and cut all ties. It shows you’re serious about moving on.

Whether you want her back or you want to move on, blocking her social media is going to help you to detach and speed up your recovery. You’ll avert suffering and jealousy, and it’ll help you to retain your dignity.

Paper Crane

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah man, if you can't just move on without doing so, def block her social medias. That will make things much easier. I used to be in a pretty bad relationship and It was super humiliating how I was acting towards her after the breakup. Pretty much just embarassed myself completely, and would look at her social media and it made it hard to get over her.

This was a while back but It taught me alot about relationships and breakups. Now, I look back and laugh. It's crazy the kind of girls I settled for when I was alot dumber.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't even have social media in the first place.

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
You shouldn't even have social media in the first place.
I used to feel this way but after awhile so many girls instead of asking me for my number just wanted my Facebook. When I didn't have Facebook/Insta they thought that was strange and weird. Usually though a girl will add you and then do a quick stalk and usually it helps because of pictures of social proof. It think it helps with initial attraction. I don't post much but I do get tagged by friends all the time.

Glassguy

Reaction score
It is not "weird", "beta" or anything else to block a woman after a break up. I find it actually the opposite. A beta male would want to stalk her, follow her and see what she is doing after a break up because he cant control himself. An alpha male is just done with her and moves on.

I never understood why someone would want to keep tabs on someone after its over, especially after that person done them wrong or was disrespectful (especially cheating- any form).

If you had sewage running into your house and all you had to do to stop it was turn it off, wouldnt you do it?

Same goes for this situation. Why not take the trash out, put it in the dumpster and move on. No reason to let these garbage women stay in your life once the relationship with them is over.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to feel this way but after awhile so many girls instead of asking me for my number just wanted my Facebook. When I didn't have Facebook/Insta they thought that was strange and weird. Usually though a girl will add you and then do a quick stalk and usually it helps because of pictures of social proof. It think it helps with initial attraction. I don't post much but I do get tagged by friends all the time.
I don't doubt it helps for social proof but its not worth it. Social media is cancer.

NoMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
When they offer Snapchat or FB, just laugh and say "Christ what are we 12, gimme your number".

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So true. My friend just go out of a relationship with a terrible woman and he has ben pretty upset about it. He has been on the dating apps for a week now and has gotten some action. His whole demeanor has changed and he is so much happier when I talk to him.

The other day he told me how he would love to just see his ex's reaction to him meeting other women. Even talked about casually showing up in a picture on social media with this one girl and a group of her friends at some B-day thing of hers. I told him whatever you do, do NOT do that. Just stop caring. Why even care what she would think at this point about what you're doing? It's over and it's none of her business.

If you really want to stick it to her, block, delete, ignore, and never contact again. I know she's already moved on (long story short - hypergamy, and tell tale signs she was monkey branching) and he should do the same.

BruceWayne31

Reaction score
I actually deactivated my social media after a breakup. I didn’t want to delete our pictures yet, or block her etc. I decided I wanted to take a break and ascend to the next phase of my life. I think this is the best thing to do.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually deactivated my social media after a breakup. I didn’t want to delete our pictures yet, or block her etc. I decided I wanted to take a break and ascend to the next phase of my life. I think this is the best thing to do.
It's not a bad idea. Deleting pictures can be a bad idea, because to delete them you'd actually have to look at them. I think it's better to just put them away somewhere and then forget about them until some point in the future when you don't even care anymore.

BruceWayne31

Reaction score
It's not a bad idea. Deleting pictures can be a bad idea, because to delete them you'd actually have to look at them. I think it's better to just put them away somewhere and then forget about them until some point in the future when you don't even care anymore.
For sure, and also doesn’t look bad to keep them up as social proof once you’re over things, months later. Plus this way, you aren’t tempted to stalk their pages. Also, you’re like a ghost to them - they will always wonder what you’re doing. It’s not a game, or trick to make them want you back - but rather you can use it as a comfort of sorts in your mind without expecting to get an outcome out of it.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For sure, and also doesn’t look bad to keep them up as social proof once you’re over things, months later. Plus this way, you aren’t tempted to stalk their pages. Also, you’re like a ghost to them - they will always wonder what you’re doing. It’s not a game, or trick to make them want you back - but rather you can use it as a comfort of sorts in your mind without expecting to get an outcome out of it.
I think you have to accept that it will take some time to get over them, especially if the relationship lasted a long time or was very intense. With time it does get easier, but anything that you do that keeps you thinking about them is going to make it more difficult. It's not good to have things around (including social media) that are constant reminders of the past.

The thing about trying to use games and tricks to make them think about you is that you're still giving them your attention and energy, even if you don't speak to them. The real battle is internal, within your mind. You have to actually forget and then whether they want to come back or not doesn't matter.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let’s be blunt here. Now that she’s single, she’s entitled to talk to whoever she wants. She can date and live life as she sees fit. That’s hard for you to deal with, but you have no claim on her. So why torture yourself?

Like monkeys swinging from branch to branch, there are a lot of girls who won’t let go of their relationship until they have another prospect in their grasp.
All chicks always have at least one backup dude ready. It's encoded in their DNA aka "the war bride theory" which is why it so easy for her to let go, because nature has provided women with this release as a part of their survival strategy.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Blocking social media seems like a good idea. You must disappear for a long time after a breakup. Deleting her phone number works well too.

RyanSez

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is not "weird", "beta" or anything else to block a woman after a break up. I find it actually the opposite. A beta male would want to stalk her, follow her and see what she is doing after a break up because he cant control himself. An alpha male is just done with her and moves on.

I never understood why someone would want to keep tabs on someone after its over, especially after that person done them wrong or was disrespectful (especially cheating- any form).

If you had sewage running into your house and all you had to do to stop it was turn it off, wouldnt you do it?

Same goes for this situation. Why not take the trash out, put it in the dumpster and move on. No reason to let these garbage women stay in your life once the relationship with them is over.
Many years ago, I had sewage trying to run back into my house. Cryptic texts, phone calls early in the a.m., etc. that I never responded to.. Lots of love bombing and expressions of regret. She told me "I can't stop thinking about you!". I pulled a Don Draper and told her "I don't think of you at all". Never heard from her again.