Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why the Gym will make you more of an Incel than a player

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a difficult time believing in the whole gymcel thing. I'm not a guy with big muscles though.

In real life, I've never encountered a gymcel. I've seen guys with big muscles nailing hot chicks.
I met one. No joke. He has been buff for years and still can't score.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I met one. No joke. He has been buff for years and still can't score.
Apparently, a bunch of buff guys were incels and congregated on one subsection of the Bodybuilding website forum.

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Apparently, a bunch of buff guys were incels and congregated on one subsection of the Bodybuilding website forum.
I mean they are on the internet. If you use the internet for anything other than work and mindless TV and social media consumption, you are probably a bit more intellectual and sadly intellectuals are usually fags.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh boy, another thread by Jake_Gyllenhaal69! And look, he already says that the gym makes you an incel! This must be a fact!

logicallefty

Reaction score
I exercise and eat reasonably well because of how it makes me feel for myself, not how it makes me look to other people.

Reaction score
I have a difficult time believing in the whole gymcel thing. I'm not a guy with big muscles though.

In real life, I've never encountered a gymcel. I've seen guys with big muscles nailing hot chicks.

What gym do you go to?

Reaction score
Holy hell...I never thought I would ever read a pick-up forum thread treating the gym as a negative.

Bro what are you like in person? Some of your threads really make me scratch my head.
im not going to answer the question until you read the whole post

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
im not going to answer the question until you read the whole post
I did, and it's still ridiculous.

"The only thing that turns women on is your abs, not your biceps"
"Instead of understanding and learning from your mistakes and setbacks with women, you just go to the gym and repeat the same problems"

It sounds like you lost a girl to some jacked dude and now you're coming here for validation that he's probably an incel.

I never thought I would ever see somebody on a pick-up forum talk down about people who go to the gym - for whatever reason. It is the single most valuable and beneficial decision I've ever made in my life, and has affected me in so many positive ways as a result.

Health and fitness, at its core, is a form of self-improvement, regardless of the motivation. To see you demonize it is really disappointing.

The fact that you've been on this forum for a little over a year and have almost double the posts as me paints a picture to me of the kind of person you are; somebody who overthinks things rather than does things and is a textbook example of a keyboard warrior.

Any young men reading this thread, please do not let this idiot talk you out of deciding to get fit - even if you started because you want to get girls.

SmoothSmooth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a muscular male body does not attract women sexually, if it did then magazines of muscular males would sell the same way that magazines of sexy women do.

women would rather look at pictures of harry styles or justin beiber than a nameless ripped guy.

a man can 'look hot' without muscles, this comes down to low body fat, dressing high status, body langauge, face and haircut etc

however u gotta work with what uve got. a 6'1 handsome guy doesnt need the gym and would see minimal diff to his dating life by bulking (may even loose girls by looking intimidating). but it certainly helps a 5'7 average looking guy. short but ripped guys can do great in dating. not because the body alone will 'turn women on' alone (money and social dominance does), but because it helps them look and feel bigger, and short guys with muscles look significantly more masculine and therefore make women feel feminine around them. so the muscles wouldnt 'do the trick' to make a woman want you alone, but they would definitey help make u a more serious prospect if you dont already have 'it'. and this is why gym bros have ugly girlfriends. they think the gym ALONE means something and actually become more boring because of it.

in summary - women wont lust after you just because of your body. but if you arent already tall and/or handsome, muscles will get you in the door with more women (and hotter ones), however u need the lifestyle, personality and swagger to really turn them on. it basically just makes you more competitive, but doesnt get you laid

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did, and it's still ridiculous.

"The only thing that turns women on is your abs, not your biceps"
"Instead of understanding and learning from your mistakes and setbacks with women, you just go to the gym and repeat the same problems"

It sounds like you lost a girl to some jacked dude and now you're coming here for validation that he's probably an incel.

I never thought I would ever see somebody on a pick-up forum talk down about people who go to the gym - for whatever reason. It is the single most valuable and beneficial decision I've ever made in my life, and has affected me in so many positive ways as a result.

Health and fitness, at its core, is a form of self-improvement, regardless of the motivation. To see you demonize it is really disappointing.

The fact that you've been on this forum for a little over a year and have almost double the posts as me paints a picture to me of the kind of person you are; somebody who overthinks things rather than does things and is a textbook example of a keyboard warrior.

Any young men reading this thread, please do not let this idiot talk you out of deciding to get fit - even if you started because you want to get girls.
Well, I guess I am the biggest hypocrite ever because I work out 5 times a week and go to one of those expensive luxury gyms. In addition, I met my current main girl at my gym so even a bigger whammy against me. I can tell that you are emotionally distraught because I hit a nerve somewhere with my OP. Calm down first then I can have a rational discussion with you.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can break down the original post now with a clear mind, even though I don't think much of the gymcel concept.

the first piece of advice you receive on getting laid is to hit the gym. At glance, this sounds reasonable because muscles mean healthy and strong, but this is one of the worst things you can do to get women. Now, if you are a fat Pilsbury dough boy looking mofo then yes go to the gym, but if you are relatively skinny then you might want to pump the breaks a bit. You are much better off pursuing a hobby/lifestyle rather than going to Gold's Gym 3-4 hours a day. There's a reason the largest incel community was MISC on bodybuilding forums.com before it got shutdown. Now, if you love the gym then continue going to the gym. My only stance is that going to the gym for the sole purpose of attracting more women is completely stupid.
If you're out of shape, you're not going to get laid. Women have too many choices now. That part is accurate.

You can get laid if you're fit enough. However, with women having more choices now than ever, the threshold of what it would take in terms of fitness to get laid is higher.

1). Women do not give two fvcks about how much you can bench press or your muscles. The only thing that turns a woman on is your abs, not your biceps. Notice all of the Fitness guys on YouTube don't have attractive girlfriends lol. In addition, the girls that workout on the same level as these guys aren't that attractive either, so I will give them that benefit of the doubt.

I get way more girls being 10-12% BF, maintaining a cool haircut, and dressing appropriately vs when I was 18%-22% benching 315 lb
Abs are better than big muscles. You want to have some combination of abs and muscularity.

2). It eventually turns in to a cope rather than an asset. Get rejected by a girl, I'm going to hit the gym (blast manosphere shvt on your airpods lol). Get dumped by a plate, I'm going to hit the gym. Instead of understanding and learning from your mistakes and setbacks with women, you just go to the gym and repeat the same problems.
Unless you have a near outlier level of fitness, fitness alone won't get your penis wet. It needs to be combined with some other things.

4). Unrelatable to most women- So your daily routine is to spend 1-2 hours in the gym, eat chicken breast, rice, broccoli, and protein powder every day, and you are an Andrew Tate/Fresh and Fit representative. How the fvck is any woman supposed to emotionally connect with you? You might be able to pull some bimbo looking or a quick fvck or wanting a break from the streets, but you will not be able to keep a normal girl. You are basically male equivalent of a girl that just goes to bars and clubs and parties 4-5 nights a week. Ironically, these are the only type of women y'all seem to go on dates with lol.
Let's say a guy has big muscles and gets sex from a party gal. How is this is a problem? It isn't. Party gals are often under 27 women with nice enough bodies.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I guess I am the biggest hypocrite ever because I work out 5 times a week and go to one of those expensive luxury gyms. In addition, I met my current main girl at my gym so even a bigger whammy against me. I can tell that you are emotionally distraught because I hit a nerve somewhere with my OP. Calm down first then I can have a rational discussion with you.
The nerve you hit is you're giving absolutely garbage advice to young guys who will read this and justify your moronic hot-take as an excuse to avoid difficulty - ie lifting weights and getting fit.

I don't care how often you work out or where you go to do it. I don't care that you met your girl at the gym, I've met several girls at the gym.

But to say there is ANY negative associated with working out, regardless of the motivation, is absolutely asinine.

I don't need to have a conversation with you, there's no point. I'm just telling the people that stumble across this that your high post count and reaction score is definitely NOT an indicator of your awareness when it comes to women.

Reaction score
The nerve you hit is you're giving absolutely garbage advice to young guys who will read this and justify your moronic hot-take as an excuse to avoid difficulty - ie lifting weights and getting fit.

I don't care how often you work out or where you go to do it. I don't care that you met your girl at the gym, I've met several girls at the gym.

But to say there is ANY negative associated with working out, regardless of the motivation, is absolutely asinine.

I don't need to have a conversation with you, there's no point. I'm just telling the people that stumble across this that your high post count and reaction score is definitely NOT an indicator of your awareness when it comes to women.
Is the gym your messiah or something? Dang dude..

Let's say a guy has big muscles and gets sex from a party gal. How is this is a problem? It isn't. Party gals are often under 27 women with nice enough bodies.
It depends if you are just looking for sex or not. If yes, then this ain't a problem. If no, then this will be a problem because you will never have a healthy relationship with a party girl. Eventually she's going to get bored and want to try out the streets again. It's going to be extremely hard for a gymcel to relate to normal women because of his lifestyle and the things he follows on the internet from the redpill pipeline.