Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do YOU lift?

Why do you lift? (Select ALL that apply)

• Total voters

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats YOUR motivation for lifting?

musclyjerk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So many reasons and they all add to my quality of life.

The main reason I started was for a focus in life and to stop feeling like a skinny guy who couldn't hold his ground. EXAMPLE: I witnessed a good friend of mine get beaten bad a few years back by 2 guys and there was just nothing I could do. Nothing. I was too weak.... I wouldn't of standed a cat in hells chance. All I could do was shout 'leave it out guys!' (to which one of them approached me with a clenched fist.. and all I could do was step back like a B****) and wait until another member of the public (a very old frail man actually) came in to call it off. That's the kind of stuff that got to me. Not feeling like I could stand up in many situations.

The interest from girls, the fact other guys think twice about trying to knock you or belittle you (especially in front of chicks) and the fact I feel f****** great for it all is all a massive bonus.

The Muscly Jerk

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I checked all of them:

I used to be the small frail kid that always got picked on. Since I've started lifting, everyone seems to be my friend and I get a lot more respect (I lift to fend off the bullies). Lifting raises my confidence (I lift to be a badass mofo) which helps with the girls (I lift for the Girls).

I was never good at team sports, so weightlifting offers me something where I can be competative against myself (I lift for a sport). Plus, directly due to weightlifting, I've been eating a lot healthier and am in great shape (I lift to stay healthy).

=)

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats what I like to see. The more reasons you have, the more you'll strive.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest, it progressed. At first I was fed up of being the skinny guy that girls thought was "small", now I'm big and they all want to touch my arms, and I was voted "body of the school". Then it just grew, trying to beat my PB's and just enjoyment of the gym, networking with the big guys, a few bouncers, getting in the clubs free.....all came from lifting.

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
miscellanious. I lift for confidence so I can break out of my shyness.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lift because it is a hobby and because it helps me get to sleep.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One reason I will only reveal to the folks on this board:
To impress the people who always knew me as the skinny, nerdy guy.

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThreeStorms said:
One reason I will only reveal to the folks on this board:
To impress the people who always knew me as the skinny, nerdy guy.
I'm right there with you, keep going at it :box:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really to be healthy - you can easily get injured lifting and it's not really that healthy for ya either. We would all be doing yoga and eating raw food if we wanted to be healthy.

To impress the girls? Naw, rather to NOT dispel any girls because of my looks

Lift for sport? You have to once you lift for awhile, it is in your head. But this is the effect not the cause.

Fend of the bullies? I am 180 right now and dudes still talk sh1t. There is always going to be someone bigger, I don't know, may be when I'm 220 it will stop

Last one is funny, but I don't think most guys will magically be 6"5 270.

I lift because I look in the mirror and say "Damn, I love myself" and it makes my day better.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide said:
Not really to be healthy - you can easily get injured lifting and it's not really that healthy for ya either. We would all be doing yoga and eating raw food if we wanted to be healthy.
You can get easily injured doing yoga as well. Lifting is healthy, whether you think so or not lol.

Oxide said:
Lift for sport? You have to once you lift for awhile, it is in your head. But this is the effect not the cause.
Lift for a sport. I didn't mean because lifting has become a sport to you, I meant such as adding strength for sports such as football or increasing your speed for track or something.

Oxide said:
I lift because I look in the mirror and say "Damn, I love myself" and it makes my day better.
I coulda put that on there too. Option #6 "I lift because I find myself attractive' lol:rockon:

Keep liftin bro

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifting is healthy, whether you think so or not lol.
Awesome logic. guess what, you are gay, whether you think so or not, lol!

Tell this to the guy with scars in his lower back from the surgery because he pushed himself on the squats. Or many guys who fukked up their rotator cuffs from military presses. It is not all about the form too. There are many things that just accidentaly fukk up and you can be changed for life.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are freak injuries in just about everything you do. Lifting IS healthy. Improves your muscular fitness, strength, ability to handle every day tasks. Increases bone strength, which decreases the risk of breaks. Many lifts also improve flexibility and joint strenght/mobility.

As for me being gay, thats just a no-no. Exit only please lol.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For sports. And to be able to look in the mirror with my shirt off and smile.

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lift to be a bad ass mofo

Check it.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll admit, I started out for the ladies, then got into the athletic aspect of it, now I just want to be a big, quick,strong as f*ck beastly mother f*cker

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to be healthy and to look good.

lifting is only unhealthy/dangerous if you are doing too much or using improper form. I know that if I don't eat good and workout; I feel like ****. If I do workout and eat proper, I feel great.