Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why Do Women Break Up With Guys Who Lose Their Jobs

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think people should always be on the job market, I've lost my last few jobs due to restructuring, that's why i always apply for jo

I honestly love how modern women think working 8 hours a day in the office is "freedom" while cooking and cleaning at home for 2 hours a day is "slavery".

These women have no idea how badly they have been fooled by big buisness into becoming obedient worker drones.
It's not actually big business. Its what they want. They want to have their own money, buy their own stuff, have their own success. Its all about ego. They want to be able to say they did it themselves, to prove to themselves what they can do. As a man I dont need to prove anything to anyone let alone myself, I am my own validation. They dont wanna be told by some guy (husband) what to do or be subservient to him. Its not feminism its just women. In the old days women were kinda forced to obey but now they dont have to.

I used to think like you, a traditionalist, but now I appreciate women working. The thing is modern careers are so crap I think men just hate their jobs but women really care about being independant and the self-image it gives them. I am more likely to question a corporations ethics but a woman I think she can be content under a boss and not see the problems with the system, she just needs the job and career as a source of validation and self-image.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women today have endless options. They have no patience for any sort of inconvenience or hard work.

Every white collar man who is laid off can expect to lose his girlfriend or wife as a result of a job loss. If you have a wife, you have more time. If you have a girlfriend, she will depart faster. A white collar job search takes anywhere from 3-9 months.

Blue collar men and low wage service sector workers have it easier in this regard. Women who date blue collar men and men with McJobs tend to care a little less about employment, especially if you happen to be a tattooed dirtbag.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Zimbabwe,
Yeah,been there done that....After twenty three happy years My Wife flew the coop...I had a few years previously,enjoyed a high status job in Academia,When opportunity arose I went voluntarily with a generous severance package....As I had prepared investment projects to work on, I merely changed Vocations,actually increasing real earnings,the catch was I dropped in status,drove a beat up Pick Up in scruffy Builders clothes...I believe a Womens happiness often comes from being admired by other Women,whether in her finery being whirled around the Dance floor or attending Academic Soirees.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not actually big business. Its what they want. They want to have their own money, buy their own stuff, have their own success. Its all about ego. They want to be able to say they did it themselves, to prove to themselves what they can do. As a man I dont need to prove anything to anyone let alone myself, I am my own validation. They dont wanna be told by some guy (husband) what to do or be subservient to him. Its not feminism its just women. In the old days women were kinda forced to obey but now they dont have to.

I used to think like you, a traditionalist, but now I appreciate women working. The thing is modern careers are so crap I think men just hate their jobs but women really care about being independant and the self-image it gives them. I am more likely to question a corporations ethics but a woman I think she can be content under a boss and not see the problems with the system, she just needs the job and career as a source of validation and self-image.
she also gets a social circle at work and contacts with men that are employed. sexual dynamics persist in the workplace, she gets attention and very often a connection with a dominant male from the workplace. woman working with men that outperform their boyfriend or husband has a predictable end.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Zimbabwe,
Yeah,been there done that....After twenty three happy years My Wife flew the coop...I had a few years previously,enjoyed a high status job in Academia,When opportunity arose I went voluntarily with a generous severance package....As I had prepared investment projects to work on, I merely changed Vocations,actually increasing real earnings,the catch was I dropped in status,drove a beat up Pick Up in scruffy Builders clothes...I believe a Womens happiness often comes from being admired by other Women,whether in her finery being whirled around the Dance floor or attending Academic Soirees.
most women are much more impressed with a leased Bentley than a fleet of delivery trucks.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score

Women are the top consumers, give them their own money while driving down the average wage due to the increased supply of workers. Before a factory worker could own a home,a car and raise 4 kids before his 25. Now you need a dual income just to barely survive paycheque to paycheque in some shoebox apartment.

Women today have endless options. They have no patience for any sort of inconvenience or hard work.

Every white collar man who is laid off can expect to lose his girlfriend or wife as a result of a job loss. If you have a wife, you have more time. If you have a girlfriend, she will depart faster. A white collar job search takes anywhere from 3-9 months.

Blue collar men and low wage service sector workers have it easier in this regard. Women who date blue collar men and men with McJobs tend to care a little less about employment, especially if you happen to be a tattooed dirtbag.
I do still think it's weird they don't stick around, do they expect a guy who loses his job to magically find a new one the next day?

Hi Zimbabwe,
That's really messed that she left a happy marriage due to peer pressure from her friends about status. I guess the key is to find a woman with no friends.

she also gets a social circle at work and contacts with men that are employed. sexual dynamics persist in the workplace, she gets attention and very often a connection with a dominant male from the workplace. woman working with men that outperform their boyfriend or husband has a predictable end.
Which is Ironic since they preach equality all day until it stops benefiting them.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is if a woman lost her job, the man wouldn't just leave.
Stop expecting women to have honour, Ive wrote many times about my uncles Charity, women parasite off the service and NEVER EVER donate....Hes even got a card that says "If you appreciate the service, please show support so we can continue to help future sufferers"

Its quite sociopathic how friendly they are, but they just ride off into the sunset as soon as they have took what they need.

When a man uses the charity, a 20 pound donation will come in 8 times out 10............without being prompted

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Hypergamy. I've heard of many stories where dudes lost their jobs or had to take a pay cut, so they had to trim the fat at home. Some weather the storm, but many these days don't. Depends if she's a ride or die b!tch. They are very rare; but can be demanding in their own right too.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though this is not an usual theme that's been discussed numerous times in this forum, I still have a feeling OP made up this story for the sake of what?

KirthWGersen

Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends what you set as your terms for the relationship.

One of the posters above is correct: if you present yourself as a provider and enter a relationship on that basis, you will be judged for how well you can provide.

I recently had some business troubles. Many present and former lovers rallied round, including my ex-wife, offering advice, help and even money.

This week my kid got sick. Three former and present lovers offered to help out.

Last week, two women bought me dinner; a third offered to cook me dinner, but I was too busy.

I simply don't present myself as a provider: I present myself as the man you go to to feel good (through deep conversation and great sex).

The fact is some men have very little to offer apart from their money.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends what you set as your terms for the relationship.

One of the posters above is correct: if you present yourself as a provider and enter a relationship on that basis, you will be judged for how well you can provide.

I recently had some business troubles. Many present and former lovers rallied round, including my ex-wife, offering advice, help and even money.

This week my kid got sick. Three former and present lovers offered to help out.

Last week, two women bought me dinner; a third offered to cook me dinner, but I was too busy.

I simply don't present myself as a provider: I present myself as the man you go to to feel good (through deep conversation and great sex).

The fact is some men have very little to offer apart from their money.
Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

The FWB I'm seeing on a weekly basis NEVER, I repeat NEVER, asked for anything, be it a night out or movie date. All she asked of me has only been pure wild crazy orgasmic SEX and nothing more.

Why? Does it mean she, as a female human-being, doesn't want the other stuff (that most girls would want from their partners)?

NO.

It's simply because, right from the beginning, when I presented myself to her as a SEX FRIEND, not a lover or provider, I also "programmed" (if you will) her brain to perceive me as such.

So far, we still haven't cared to learn each other's last names. She doesn't know (and doesn't care) how much I earn per month, as long as I give her good sex, life's advices on certain stuff, and daily bantering about non-serious stuff.

However, if I approached her as a provider, a sweet loving lover-typed of guy? Things would be very different, as discussed correctly by many of you gents here.

In short, like @KirthWGersen has wisely summarised: Women treat the men they know they can go to to "feel good" very different from the provider-typed guys they come to for "resources".

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Recently my Relative announced that his wife is leaving him, 1.5 months ago he lost his job because the firm he was working for went bankrupt due to the pandemic (the economy is not in good shape). Obviously it's hard to find a new job with the virus around and restrictions for everything. They have been married for 15 years and she works in a super market.

I just understand why she decided to end a 15 year marriage because her husband lost his job and couldn't find a new one. This seems to be a common theme with women as well since i have heard about it before.

Why do women do this?
Probably she was thinking if it for a while and that was just the tipping point. It's not like she was happy and in love and then one day woke up after he lost his job and was like you are a bum, I am out of here.

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ll chime in on this thread….

Ever hear a woman describe a man as a “loser”?

What “loser” means to a woman is a man who is not resourceful and cannot keep what resources he has.

A “loser” is the worst thing a man can be called by a woman, it is even worst than being called a cheater.

Women are all about obtaining and having control of resources. It is biology.

Konada

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the only thing of value you offer is your wallet, obviously she won't stay.

Something doesn't add up, your relative probably doesn't run the household other than just paying the bills.

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ll chime in on this thread….

Ever hear a woman describe a man as a “loser”?

What “loser” means to a woman is a man who is not resourceful and cannot keep what resources he has.

A “loser” is the worst thing a man can be called by a woman, it is even worst than being called a cheater.

Women are all about obtaining and having control of resources. It is biology.

Thats just what they say to men to their face to manipulate and control them. It's just a frame thing.

Women dont call men losers to other women, they can talk about a broke guy and be like "hes so hot but he treats me like **** i dont know why I keep going back to him".

It's disgusting and sick that women would call men like that "losers" but then they go and fvck broke dudes with mcjobs.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Her validation and self-image should come from herself, not a job. I was going to say women should appreciate the man that would ally with herself, and work with and support that man. But their view is men are disposable and interchangeable and that she doesn't "need" a man, and if she has one she thinks she should control him.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But would a man dump a woman who lost her job?
The purpose of the dude is to acquire resources.

The purpose of the lady is to raise kids. Beauty and youth are signals that indicate this.

A guy breaking up with a lady because she lost her job is not the same as a lady breaking up with a guy who lost his job.

That's the point of this thread.
The point of this thread is to ask why a woman would dump a dude for losing his job, NOT to ask what would happens were the roles reversed.

My response was to indicate that women dumping dudes due to their loss of resource acquisition is similar to dudes dumping ladies because they lose their beauty and femininity.

There is no such thing as fairness and if you expect other humans to behave fairly you'll be destroyed.

Understand male nature, understand female nature, and get in the game and do your best.

That's all anybody can do.

Complaining about what you think should happen is counterproductive.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I do still think it's weird they don't stick around, do they expect a guy who loses his job to magically find a new one the next day?
Why are you applying rationality to women? Women operate on feelings and emotions.

But would a man dump a woman who lost her job?
Most men would not. That would even include weaker betas. A woman's work almost no relevance to her value as a mate.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently my Relative announced that his wife is leaving him, 1.5 months ago he lost his job because the firm he was working for went bankrupt due to the pandemic (the economy is not in good shape). Obviously it's hard to find a new job with the virus around and restrictions for everything. They have been married for 15 years and she works in a super market.

I just understand why she decided to end a 15 year marriage because her husband lost his job and couldn't find a new one. This seems to be a common theme with women as well since i have heard about it before.

Why do women do this?
He's failed and women are gone. This is modern women. They don't care about the struggle. They are parasitic opportunistic in nature. If not for geriatric pregnancy and cratered smv wouldn't never change. They don't change because of learning or finding god. They can't compete and are forced to survive by shacking up with some cuck.

The lesson is to not play house and to exit the west. Enter cultures and countries that don't incentivize divorce rape. It's simple as that. 80% of divorce rape is initiated by women. Those still married are often sexless and unhappy. The behavior of modern women isn't one of love nor liking men.

Fellas need to acknowledge the reciprocity or lack thereof. Outside of sex, I am not much interested in women. Few are funny and DHV. The concept is incomprehensible for modern women. The idea of cooking and cleaning is a stretch. Wants kids and marriage. Doesn't want to be a mother or wife. Absolutely disgusting.

Most are throater material followed by a hard #next! The playbook is to act accordingly. Challenge - prove Me wrong @ baeeeees. I got my troll cannon charged up when she talks playing house and marriage.

Last edited: