"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Why do/did you feel a lack of confidence?

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
i had a terrible childhood too. dad was an alcoholic, etc... ya kno the deal.

i dont use that as an excuse for my lack of confidence. when i didnt have confidence, it was because i beat my self up mentally.
i would take rejections too hard, i would try too much, and i was so utterly AFC it wasnt funny.
but now... well read my signature links
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Mack Bishop

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
166
Reaction score
0
i used to do a lot of drugs so that had me looking like a corpse almost every day
 

White_Rabbit

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2004
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
MT
Yeah, I had the same problems as many of the ppl here.. acne... alchoholic father.. co-dependant mother... rare skin disease over 95% of my body... molested when I was 8 or so ... um...
obviosly I was picked on in school I look like a freak with chicken pox all over my body for 6 years, but all thats over with I was really mad at the whole world and my self most of all for a long long time but now I say meh what can you do but move on right?
the problem now is I dont really fit in anywhere I look ****ing awsome now.. no acne or skin disease .. I get alot of attn from girls ... to the poin that they just walk up and say " Your hot"
but I'm so defensive and paranoid I'm always just like thanks .. **** you go away.
Its hard for me to cope with the change I mean ... yeah
go from somone who everyone finds repulsive who has to hangout with the biggest losers in town because no one else will even talk to me other than make fun of me... not the kids.. the teachers... the teachers where the ones that always made my life the worste .. o yeah my 3rd grade teacher took way too mutch joy in beating me....
but now ... girls actually pursue ME!! its really wierd. lol
I always assume its a trick or something... like my enemies (have lots of them) are trying to lure me out so they can jump on me from behind(paranoia, but after the first few times I got wise, and a gun) but back to the girl thing... yeah I make awsome first impressions... till they find out I'm insane.
any ideas on this one?
 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
366
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by White_Rabbit
Yeah, I had the same problems as many of the ppl here.. acne... alchoholic father.. co-dependant mother... rare skin disease over 95% of my body... molested when I was 8 or so ... um...
obviosly I was picked on in school I look like a freak with chicken pox all over my body for 6 years, but all thats over with I was really mad at the whole world and my self most of all for a long long time but now I say meh what can you do but move on right?
the problem now is I dont really fit in anywhere I look ****ing awsome now.. no acne or skin disease .. I get alot of attn from girls ... to the poin that they just walk up and say " Your hot"
but I'm so defensive and paranoid I'm always just like thanks .. **** you go away.
Its hard for me to cope with the change I mean ... yeah
go from somone who everyone finds repulsive who has to hangout with the biggest losers in town because no one else will even talk to me other than make fun of me... not the kids.. the teachers... the teachers where the ones that always made my life the worste .. o yeah my 3rd grade teacher took way too mutch joy in beating me....
but now ... girls actually pursue ME!! its really wierd. lol
I always assume its a trick or something... like my enemies (have lots of them) are trying to lure me out so they can jump on me from behind(paranoia, but after the first few times I got wise, and a gun) but back to the girl thing... yeah I make awsome first impressions... till they find out I'm insane.
any ideas on this one?
yeah, stop making up shit cause sum people actually got lives like that u fucking faggot
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Adam See

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Not being very popular in my earlier life and friends used to put me down a lot & I took it quite to heart. Also used to have a chronic fear of kissing girls when I was younger, thankfully that isn't a problem anymore! I think that's about it really.
 

Bussey

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 8, 2004
Messages
376
Reaction score
4
Location
Toronto
Friends were **** bags.
Took advantage of my $$ and entrepreneurial spirit to fund their ****ing "concerts" that were horrible, till I finally said NO and I did em myself, then I made money. I never ever felt comfortable with them, they always had something behind their back.... One incident that i laugh at now, they hog tied me and put me in a closet...
 
Top