Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

When?

iMat

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
I've decided to stop DJing.

Sure there are a lot of attractive girls in high school, but why would I care?

Most are mediocre. The hot ones are ususally taken, and everybody's a confused, insecure mess, with the average intellect of _____________ (you think of simile there).

So, when does it all break over? When does everybody just calm down, the rivalries stop, and everything just gets more suave?

--iMat
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
858
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Djing isn't a "technique" you can just "stop". Unless you mean giving up girls.
 

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
DJ is supposed to be a mindset. You can never quit it.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
you haven't decided to stop, because you never got started.

you'll be back here in a week after you realize what a pathetic excuse this post really is. you're just too lazy to put forth the effort into getting girls.
 

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
<insert cliche statement about how DJing is a way of life an not just about getting girls>


Or rather, let's be realistic. To paraphrase El-P:

"You won't DJ because you can't DJ. It's not a choice, despite what you might tell your boys."
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

iMat

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
I think there is a misunderstanding here.

By the meaning of "stop DJing", I don't mean erase my whole mindset and turn the clock back. I simply meant to raise my standards, and wait.

--iMat
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
stop making excuses. we don't want to hear them.
 

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
Location
Vienna, VA
Originally posted by iMat
I've decided to stop DJing.

Sure there are a lot of attractive girls in high school, but why would I care?

Most are mediocre. The hot ones are ususally taken, and everybody's a confused, insecure mess, with the average intellect of _____________ (you think of simile there).

So, when does it all break over? When does everybody just calm down, the rivalries stop, and everything just gets more suave?

--iMat
Excuses. Excuses because you probably realize that you A)Will need to work to be a DJ or B) Are afraid of it.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
I think he's tired of shyt girls. Anyways, listen to porky.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Top