Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

when should u call a thursday number

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
261
Reaction score
1
saturday and make a date for sunday, or sunday and make a date for tuesday
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
Originally posted by bobbob
saturday and make a date for sunday, or sunday and make a date for tuesday
the answer is, when ever the hell you want, aslong as you do nto call same day, the wait 3 days is really not neccisery, waiting to long is bad, next day is fine
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
You're getting answers from teens. In high school, it's all okay and stuff because people don't have much of a life.

If I got a number on thursday, I'd call Sunday and setup a date for Tues/Wed.

I never call on Fri/Sat with someone unless the persons I am calling that same day I am planning to hang out with or an emergency/thanks for the sex call.
 

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
261
Reaction score
1
Nevermind, the answer was in the dj bible ... sunday it is!

wish me luck, last 30+ numbers have resulted in no date whatsoever
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by bobbob
Nevermind, the answer was in the dj bible ... sunday it is!

wish me luck, last 30+ numbers have resulted in no date whatsoever
Maybe you're waiting too long to ask them out or asking them out for dates on days which they already have plans.
 

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
16
Age
44
Location
belleville, il
it all depends on how you got the number..?

for instance if you talked to her for 10 min..wait a couple days...

if you talked to her for 3 hours...then call her the next day or maybe wait 1.

I dont agree with waiting 3 days.

unless your the president of the United States you can make 5 min to set up a date.

I get that it makes u seem busy but if you are confident you dont need to ****ing pretend. There is no way your ass is that busy if you are on here asking when to call ?

see ya!

good luck
 

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 13, 2003
Messages
1,617
Reaction score
10
Age
56
I don't agree with this number of days rule at all. You don't need a rule book to figure this stuff out.

If I got a number Thursday I would call whenever I wanted to bring someone along with me to something I'm doing. I always like to give a day or 2 notice unless its something really exciting that just came up and wanted to bring her along.

This whole call 3 days later to do a dinner and a movie is just the wrong way to think about it.
 

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
You're getting answers from teens. In high school, it's all okay and stuff because people don't have much of a life.

If I got a number on thursday, I'd call Sunday and setup a date for Tues/Wed.

I never call on Fri/Sat with someone unless the persons I am calling that same day I am planning to hang out with or an emergency/thanks for the sex call.
so it seems like the only diffrence between us 'highschool kids' and you is that we can think for ourselves, you think you are so clever because you know you have to wait 3 days, you know it because you saw it on the dj bible!! you never thought maybe some of the stuff is not completly correct there, you take it word for word with out thinking on your own.

we are saying 1 day becayse we know the 3 day rule is BS sure theres no harm in waiting a few days but its all fine aslong as its same day, and a lot of others think the same

a lot can happen in 3days including her getitng upset that you dont call, she then is mad at you for not calling and convinces hersalf she does not like you, intrest level drops to 0 and now its...good luck trying to set up a date.
 

blong1068

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 1, 2001
Messages
772
Reaction score
4
Just call a couple days later. There's no trigonomic equation for calling girls. If she gave you her number, then she wants to hear from you. Just don't call an hour after you get the number.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2004
Messages
3,151
Reaction score
16
Age
44
Location
belleville, il
THanks GOD..I hope we can dismiss this 3 day rule ****.

I met a girl Friday night..we had a 3 hour convo..made out and all that.

for one lets review...I could be getting ****ed over..its possible..but I know I have better judegement..

I live In St. Louis..as you know we have a team in the WS. I gave the girl I met..this wrist band..that is red that says go cards..its like the Lance Armstrong band.

We lost the game last night..so I called her and blammed the loss on her. I said Im gonna need that back now. she said "that can definitely be arranged"

she was a hb7-7.5 with a great personality..we are both 22.

I dont think I need to wait to ****ing tuesday to call her to show im busy.

come on...she knows im gonna watch the game...she know after the loss..im not going to be so busy I cant call her for 5 min.


as for anything in this world....my biggest belief is CONFIDENCE.

for the love of god...JUST BE SURE AND BELIEVE IN YOUR SELF. AND NO ONE CAN DOUBT YOU...NO ONE WILL SEE THREW YOU IF YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF.



see ya!
 

Hoppy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Age
42
As long as you don't come off as desperate it doesn't really matter when you call.
 

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Hell, you can even call the same night, try and pull a booty call and have her hang out for drinks and "movies" at your place.
 

bobbob

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
261
Reaction score
1
awesome post on bridging by the way JT (wish I had read it before meeting this girl).

anyways, i only talked to her for like 10 minutes, i don't think she'd be up for a booty call without some work ... i called today but got no answer
 
Top