Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When on a Date… Sit Beside Her or Sit Across from Her?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve heard differing opinions on this.

I get that sitting beside her lets you be more physical on the date but I hate turning my head to make eye contact the whole date lol. It just feels awkward.

On the other hand, sitting across from her you can’t be as physical so you risk the date being more platonic. But, you can effortlessly make the strong “lazer” eye contact.

I know different people have different results, so I’ll have to find what works for me. But I was curious what the Don Juans on here did.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Turn your body, don't just turn your head.

Lolz, why not just look straight ahead and only turn your eyes?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sitting beside her is better for first date escalation purposes. It's more difficult to do some of the pre-kiss escalation tactics when sitting across from someone at a table on a first date.

It matters less after the first date. Being beside her does help you test the waters of attraction more easily to escalate into kissing more easily.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Better yet find a place with couches, where you can turn to her right beside her, like a restaurant or bar with an outside patio and outdoor furniture.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pre-kiss escalation tactics
How are you not familiar with pre-kiss escalation tactics? That's basic pickup stuff.

Anyway, before executing a kiss, you want to touch her in certain ways. Touch her arm, hold hands, maybe touch her leg or caress her hair. Some amount of what the PUAs call 'kino' is what sets up a kiss.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Kino: You can do something like tell a story - women love storytellers - you wait for a high moment while telling it and can reach over to grab her hand, forearm, shoulder in emphasis. You need to do this often and confidently, and gauge her reaction. As you’re walking together and maybe weaving through a crowd, you can “usher” her: hand at the small of the back briefly, elbow to nudge, walking through a crowded venue is perfect - as you lead and cut trail you reach for her hand behind you, 9/10 she will take it.

But seriously have stories to tell and make them engaging with highs - and points for laughter - when you have her delightedly laughing looking in your eyes - you close for the kiss, even if it’s a peck. If she remarks just dismiss is with something like “in that moment you just looked so vibrant, full of life, feminine -
I just couldn’t stop myself”.

some ideas for ya…

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, before executing a kiss, you want to touch her in certain ways. Touch her arm, hold hands, maybe touch her leg or caress her hair. Some amount of what the PUAs call 'kino' is what sets up a kiss.
Mistake. Kino is groping. Don’t break the touch barrier before she does.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Mistake. Kino is groping. Don’t break the touch barrier before she does.
Disagree, see my post above. If you’re good it just works, never has not.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How are you not familiar with pre-kiss escalation tactics? That's basic pickup stuff.

I was asking about YOUR specific tactics.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Sitting besides each other is what you do on the date

Sitting across is friends only

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not pretending to give advice here, but I've always sat across. But I enjoy the conversation, and I like to have some elbow room.
The sit beside her bit is cute though. If I saw a couple of young kids come in and sit next to each other, I would probably think it was cute.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she remarks just dismiss is with something like “in that moment you just looked so vibrant, full of life, feminine -
I just couldn’t stop myself”.
It seems like going into this kind of detail, that one would fall into her frame of qualifying it. Wouldn't it just be better to say "because I wanted to".

Billtx49

Reaction score
Ditto sitting across if it’s a dinner. Nothing beats a high level of personal eye contact and completely viewed facial expressions. The escalation comes later.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just noticed how I sat beside my ex girlfriend since the first day we went out together, it was actually her to take the lead in that direction.

At the same moment wheter it was random dates or meal with f-buddies we all sat across...didnt even realize it before this thread.

Now regarding the question, I support the couch plan where you have enough proximity to escalate but at the same time enough room to move...therefore drinks are better than meals.

It may also happen that your date turns out to be a pain in the ass so the extra space comes handy to subconsciously prepare her to be dumped within 20 minutes.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
The only frame I fall into is between her legs at the end of the night.

Pickup is art, not science. You learn the components and weave them together on the fly. If all you are learning is steps as opposed to context, what happens when your quarry deviates from the script?

So many men want a list to memorize and go through and it’s not the way it works, frankly so many men are that way - I’ve tried to help many a friend and they JUST CANNOT LEARN.

She’s not a video game - everything is random - chaotic - you need to adjust by the millisecond.

It seems like going into this kind of detail, that one would fall into her frame of qualifying it. Wouldn't it just be better to say "because I wanted to".