Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's More Satiating: Protein or Fats?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a big IIFYM(If It Fits Your Macros) and CICO(Calories In Calories Out) kind of guy. Following these two things has enabled me to lose 12 lbs so far.

That being said, I know that one of the keys to succeeding on your diet is not being hungry.

What fills you up more, protein or fats? I know that most fitness gurus say that you should eat more protein because it is filling.

I've found also that whenever I eat something with fat, like ground chicken and some avocado/light sour cream, a sausage, or a fattier meat like ground chuck, it fills me up. I don't really have the desire to stuff my face anymore.

So I was wondering, do you guys know what's more Satiating, protein or fats? Or do I just try to eat both to fill me up and not even worry about it?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fats. Proteins have to be converted to be used as energy. There’s a plus there though. More calories to convert than you gain if done right.
Yeah, I'm starting to agree. I had a sausage for lunch, and I'm actually super full. I noticed the same thing when I started adding more avocado to my ground chicken. Then I don't want to eat as much, which helps me stay in a calorie deficit.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a big IIFYM(If It Fits Your Macros) and CICO(Calories In Calories Out) kind of guy. Following these two things has enabled me to lose 12 lbs so far.

That being said, I know that one of the keys to succeeding on your diet is not being hungry.

What fills you up more, protein or fats? I know that most fitness gurus say that you should eat more protein because it is filling.

I've found also that whenever I eat something with fat, like ground chicken and some avocado/light sour cream, a sausage, or a fattier meat like ground chuck, it fills me up. I don't really have the desire to stuff my face anymore.

So I was wondering, do you guys know what's more Satiating, protein or fats? Or do I just try to eat both to fill me up and not even worry about it?
It depends.

When Im eating natural foods, even carbs I dont feel hunger.

But when I drink alcohol, eat sugar or processed foods. It take down my balance and I crave more for bad foods. And get hungry easier.

Caffeine has the same effect.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Oatmeal has the highest satiety value of any food. Also apples rank high on this list.
As does plain old water.

But to answer your question, they both can depending on what it is...

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oatmeal has the highest satiety value of any food. Also apples rank high on this list.
As does plain old water.

But to answer your question, they both can depending on what it is...
Oatmeal really do that! Its pretty good... I'm just abit affraid of it containing gluten... but I don't think it create so much problem for me.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won’t touch it. Not a chance. It was sold in the media to heart patients. It did a lot of damage. Not as much as soy but close.

Soy is one of the cheapest things to grow. Huge profit margin for food producers. It will turn a man into a girl with estrogic effects.
Yep! I dont even get close to soy... I've tried a protein powder made by soy protein... The worse experience in my life... Fcked my results.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that most fitness gurus say that you should eat more protein because it is filling.
I believe this is incorrect.

According to my experience, fat is WAY more filling than protein.

Protein is good too, so whatever mix works for you is best.

I'd recommend getting a good mix, like a really thick, well marbled steak.

And some bacon, followed by a couple shots of Jack, then some more bacon.