"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Whatever happened to the free love generation?

Marty

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 18, 2004
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Age
66
Location
Jacksonville,Florida
If you're old enough to remember the 60's and 70's,you're old enough to remember the free love days.It was a time when labels like "slut" and "stud" were supposed to be meaningless.We were fighting the sexual revolution trying to free society of their hangups and labels.What happened to that,guys?I had fun and I miss it.It seems that no matter what,people love their role playing,their labels and their hangups.Nothing changed.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
Originally posted by Marty
Whatever happened to the free love generation?
They got up and went back to work.

Seriously, I would have enjoyed that time.. Could we start a new 'love generation'? :cool:
 

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 4, 2002
Messages
4,366
Reaction score
8
They grew up.


Everything that is extreme will be moderated over time. During the 80s extreme capitalism was afoot, but during the 90s "social responsibility" became the war cry.

Similiarly, I tend to think that the 60s/70s "f*ck all you like" days were moderated.

However the chicks looked ugly back then, so I probably wouldn't like them.
 

Livingitup22

Don Juan
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
Michigan, US
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
They grew up.


Everything that is extreme will be moderated over time. During the 80s extreme capitalism was afoot, but during the 90s "social responsibility" became the war cry.

Similiarly, I tend to think that the 60s/70s "f*ck all you like" days were moderated.

However the chicks looked ugly back then, so I probably wouldn't like them.

Add to this the emergence of HIV and the rebirth of Christian Fundamentalism in the 70's and 80's and you have your answer.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

akindofblue

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
Messages
84
Reaction score
1
Age
47
Location
Cali
The sixties were a failure as a decade.

We have the 60s to thank for our current divorce rates and swelling numbers of children born out-of-wedlock.

All the classifications that you mentioned developped for a reason, generally for the overall good of society (even at the cost of inhibiting some actions).

And as others said, people were forced into personal accountability at work. And then AIDS.
 
Top