What would YOU do, if you could TIME TRAVEL?

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
ketostix said:
Right but what never made sense to me is under that view of time travel, ie, when you go back you would find your past self. So in the past you have the "future" you and the past you existing side by side. So what if the future you bought the winning lottery ticket before the drawing and went back to the future to cash it in, would the lottery ticket disappear when you leave the past/arrive in the future since the past you never actually bought that number?

I know this all just theoretical/philosophical, it's kind of fun to ponder. But what would happen if you did something to your past self, that caused you to either not make the time machine? Would the instant you interact with your past self and do whatever leads to the change make the time machine disappear, leaving you stuck in the past with 2 selfs? lol. What if you killed your pastpast self What I'm getting at is even if time travel was possible I don't think there would be any grandfather paradoxes if there can be 2 selfs existing at the same time.

Well according to quantum physics, there is no such thing as "time travel" because time isn't something you can move around in.

But also accorind to quantum physics, you CAN go see things in the past because there are infinite universes, all different, all at different time zones. So when you go back in time, what you are really doing is entering a completely different universe at a time zone that was in your past, where anything you do there has absolutely no effect on the universe you were from, so you COULD kill your younger self or your grandparents etc.

But that's just a theory :)

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would go back and keep asking waitresses if they are Sarah Connor, so that machines could comfortably rule mankind, forcing them to toil at keyboards connected via Skynet. I gather that this idea is acceptable to your culture?

Machina29

Don Juan
Reaction score
Potbelly said:
What an idiot. Democracy is bullsh1t when most of the population is a composed of idiots.

Evidence: bush got elected....TWICE
You're right, but the biggest problem is that most of the idiots actually believe Gore would have been different than Bush. The two parties represent the same monied interest. We would have still had wars for Israel.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to the beginning of time to the point of the Big Bang, get incinerated and spread my essence to every corner of the universe.

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd go back to the Roman Republic as a demigod seer. Get in good with the main politicians by giving them timely advice. Then I'd advise them to make peace with the barbarians by offering them vast territories in North Africa and the Middle East to rule as brutally as they wished. I'd skip ahead several years at a time so my lifetime could cover many centuries. I'd prevent the formation of an empire, and prevent it from splitting into West and East. I'd advance the armies into the Arabian peninsula and prevent Mohammedism from ever being invented. Generation after generation would steadily conquer everything between the Sahara and the Arctic -- then move east, crush the Mongols and other mounted steppe armies, definitively vanquish and colonize Persia and India -- and over a thousand years, make Eurasia into a single unified power that could overwhelm and dismember China and fvck it out of existence.

seagull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Down Low said:
I'd go back to the Roman Republic as a demigod seer. Get in good with the main politicians by giving them timely advice. Then I'd advise them to make peace with the barbarians by offering them vast territories in North Africa and the Middle East to rule as brutally as they wished. I'd skip ahead several years at a time so my lifetime could cover many centuries. I'd prevent the formation of an empire, and prevent it from splitting into West and East. I'd advance the armies into the Arabian peninsula and prevent Mohammedism from ever being invented. Generation after generation would steadily conquer everything between the Sahara and the Arctic -- then move east, crush the Mongols and other mounted steppe armies, definitively vanquish and colonize Persia and India -- and over a thousand years, make Eurasia into a single unified power that could overwhelm and dismember China and fvck it out of existence.
Dare I ask why?

Down Low

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In another few hundred years, the entirety of Western Civilization will have been fvcked out of existence by China. Its history will be erased, and the next Chinese empire will act as if the West was a minor bump on the road of the eternal domination of the Central Kingdom over foreigners. In particular, Western dominance now depends on control of fossil fuels, which will run out in a few hundred years, and will be critically insufficient far sooner than that. The modern West became aware of the long-term threat, tried to dismember China, was scared sh1tless by the repeated mass revolts of the poor, and . . . kowtowed. Your great-great-great-great grandsons will have nothing to look forward to but flat-chested, flat-assed, passive-aggressive AND violent, physically abusive Chinese cvnts for women.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd travel to about 4 years into the future and fvck my ex's best friend's daughter (who would be 20 years old at that point). Then I'd tell my ex that I'm marrying the girl. The look on her face would be priceless.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
I'd travel to about 4 years into the future and fvck my ex's best friend's daughter (who would be 20 years old at that point). Then I'd tell my ex that I'm marrying the girl. The look on her face would be priceless.
You don't need a time machine for that. Just patience :D

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
A. Rob and get rich with gold. They say gold dont loose value though time.

B. go to future and get high tech weapons.

C. Return to present and setup a world government.

Then when everything is good id go see dynasaurs and jesus moses and bob marley