Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to do if you can't go to the gym for three weeks

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Due to the Corona virus, all gyms in my country are closed for at least three weeks. I can't even go to a shop to buy weights as they've been closed as well.

I've been making some great progress lately and dread the fact that it will all go to waste, so I would like to minimize the losses.

- Looking for programs that use your bodyweight to maintain your current mass as much as possible
- Diet advice (probably a lot of protein)
- No cardio?

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do bodyweight stuff like push ups with a backpack full of heavy stuff, squats, dips etc, find anything heavy around the home you can use to replicate weights, paint cans, tool boxes, anything really. Something you can do pull ups on.

And don't worry too much, look at shows like survivor, people go on that for 6 weeks living off beans and rice and sure they lose some gains but not ALL of them.

3 weeks with good nutrition and doing as much bodyweight stuff as you can, honestly you might take a week to catch up when you get back.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do bodyweight stuff like push ups with a backpack full of heavy stuff, squats, dips etc, find anything heavy around the home you can use to replicate weights, paint cans, tool boxes, anything really. Something you can do pull ups on.

And don't worry too much, look at shows like survivor, people go on that for 6 weeks living off beans and rice and sure they lose some gains but not ALL of them.

3 weeks with good nutrition and doing as much bodyweight stuff as you can, honestly you might take a week to catch up when you get back.
Should I still go to the gym with coronavirus going on? Or should I only do push-ups and cardio until it rolls over?

Infern0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I still go to the gym with coronavirus going on? Or should I only do push-ups and cardio until it rolls over?
Use common sense id say, are there any cases in your area, are there likely to be?

Over here we have only had 5 cases, all hundreds of miles away and no new cases in almost a week, so I'm going to be going to the gym. If we get cases here I probably won't go.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Due to the Corona virus, all gyms in my country are closed for at least three weeks. I can't even go to a shop to buy weights as they've been closed as well.

I've been making some great progress lately and dread the fact that it will all go to waste, so I would like to minimize the losses.

What country do you live in?

- Looking for programs that use your bodyweight to maintain your current mass as much as possible
- Diet advice (probably a lot of protein)
- No cardio?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you train hard regularly you’ll lose minimal strength in three weeks with good nutrition. I take two five-week breaks per year. The body absolutely loves it.

cdiated

Don Juan
Reaction score
good nutrition, proper diet, home exercises, and self-discipline can really make a difference!

Ehsma

Banned
Reaction score
At this point, it really depends on who you are and how well you're trained

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
An awesome idea to workout your legs is to get a friend on your back, then start squatting. That's at least 135-225lb of weight there. Helps if you got a roommate that's into fitness.

Get a pullup bar asap. Your home workout programme is going to be heavily based on pushups and pullups, and you can't do pullups without a pullup bar.

Look up prison workouts. Prison inmates are by far the most innovative in coming up with ways to workout. Makes sense since they spend most of their time in a cell with no access to a gym.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rope pullups are even better. Knotted dog toy ropes work well to throw over a bar. Rope pullups are much easier on the elbows and joints. Typically it cuts your max by 50 percent, bc they are harder to do.

isasda66

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is temporary. If you're in shape, you can get by with running or bike riding outdoors and weighted push ups.
In shape but cant go out. Cant buy a pullup bar so my current routine is 100x push ups and 100x tricep dips. not sure how effective it is.

Look up prison workouts. Prison inmates are by far the most innovative in coming up with ways to workout. Makes sense since they spend most of their time in a cell with no access to a gym.
:up:

Kaido

Don Juan
Reaction score
A Pull Up bar and a wall is all you need.
So Pull Ups and if you are strong enough, handstand push-ups or/and regular ones.
Legs might fall a bit behind but that's no big deal. When you ll go back to the gym your upper body will be stronger and healthier, legs will catch up in no time.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im im shape 200 lbs 6ft, i just watch my calories and some abs workout atm. Relax

Nicestguy

Reaction score
do some basic steps using anything around your house that can help you motivate yourself in doing exercise that has a lot of benefits with your health.

thonuc

Reaction score
just do something at home, I know it sucks, but still better than doing nothing

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a good time to cut.
Protein max - 220 g everyday
Bodyweight exercises ftw.

As suggested by another poster, I stuffed my backpack with bricks - 50 pounds, for all exercises.

20x4 - pushups
20x4 - squats
20x4 - crunches

10x4 - bicep curls
10x4 - tricep extension

HIIT sprint x jog, 30s, 1m

Combine with keto and intermittent fasting.

No carbs at night, egg protein for slow digestion.

Creatine monohydrate 30 m before workout, add banana for insulin spike.

Complex carbs after workout with whey.

Add omegas, multi, zinc supplement and Tribulus Terrestris for libido.

Get resistance bands if you can. I'm still looking for a set.