Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
"hey"Originally posted by Viking25
For those of us who work out a lot . Sometimes I see women at the gym I want to approach...but I got nothing to say.....Any good openers that worked for you guys?
You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.
Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.
She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.
Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.
You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.
Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.
She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.
Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.
LOLOriginally posted by Mr. Delicious
Ask her if she wants 2 tickets to the gun show. Then proceed to flex and point to your biceps saying this is "Smith" and this is "Wessen"![]()
I think what you said is true unless you go to the gym all the time. If you've seen a girl at the gym like 50 times and you're both serious about your work out, she's not going to think anything bad of it if you approach.Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
The gym is a holy place. Like going to church. You should leave your game at the door and work-the-fuq-out. I've never run game at the gym, but I see guys do it all the time and it just comes off lame. I think it's the environment, women are expecting the posturing and not disposed to being approached. That and you'd better be bullet-proof in the physique department since all of the camouflage you can get away with at a club or bar are stripped down. Also, when you run game at the gym it's glaringly evident that you're more interested in hooking up than working out and this kills any apperance confidence, aloofness or self-importance.
That said, the gym can be productive if you play it right. Never make an approach at the gym, wait for an AI and then make an approach after YOU'RE done with YOUR routine. I used to get a lot of play from gym chicks in the parking lot after a workout as well as conveniently running into them at a club or bar or in a college class and using this (very physical) association to my advantage. It removes the guess work for a girl about your physique as well as your determination or self-confidence.
She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.
You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.
She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.
The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.
HEY, That's so crazy, it just might work!!!!Originally posted by Eileen
A line, is a line and it sounds like a line. Why not just say "Hi, I'm name. I see you here a lot and thought I'd introduce myself."