Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you think about "Dibs"?

D_Master

Don Juan
Reaction score
So in my circle of friends we've run into a bit of a problem. In a group of about 8 or so of us, there are 3 of us that would like to ask out the same girl. Now i've liked her for awhile now and was planning on asking her out whenever i get the chance to. However, another guy told someone else that he was calling dibs on her, not knowing that 2 other people like her as well. Me personally, i don't believe in it. But others say it's "being a good friend" and it could ruin friendships if you don't honor the "dibs". I was wondering what others around here think about this situation?

Kidquick

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm, it's not like she's the last beer or anything! May the best man win, I say. :cool:

Last edited:

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When a guy call dibs, it's like saying, "I get the first chance to ask her out."

Then, once he asks her out, she returns to fair game status.

The other option is that the next time one of your friends calls dibs on a girl, decide on the 'terms' of the call.

Because, it's true that such a thing can cause a bit of friction between friends...

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I don't believe in dibs. It's basically someone telling you what you can and can't do, while guilt-tripping you.

I do believe in bros over hos, but dibs is an exception, and I'll explain why. If a friend tells me that he's interested in a girl I'm planning to ask out, I will back off out of respect, and even try to help him out. Sometimes you do have to take one for the team, and it builds a better friendship.

But if he tells me he has dibs on her, he's pretty much telling me "fvck off, she's mine". Friends don't do that sh!t. If he came to me as a friend and said he was interested and if it would be cool for him to go for it, I'd give her up right there and then. But if he's telling me what I can and can't do, and trying to control me while using friendship as a guilt-trip, then he's sh!t out of luck.

Remember, real friends respect each other and don't step on each others toes over a girl. By calling dibs, this guy stepped on your toes, and that's not a sign of a friend.

My 2c

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MindOverMatter - I would agree with that, it is kinda like having your friend step on your toes a little bit...

That's why I would like to add that if the person DOES 'call dibs' he better act quick, and I let them know that 'dibs' is not an eternal thing, if it's been a week and he hasn't done anything about it then there is nothing wrong, and if the guy gets angry that you didn't let him get dibs then you just tell him "I gave you the chance and you didn't take it, that's as much as giving up. Deal with it."