Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you guys think of this work out routine?

Reaction score
I am 40 years old. 100 pushups/100 situps/100 dumbell lifts for 3 days a week and for 2 days a week taking a 30 minute bike ride

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dumb bell workouts are great, which is what I stick with. You can get a good workout regime going and work all your muscle groups.

At 40 you should be okay, but as you get older you need to be cautious of dumb bell lifts and sit-ups putting too much stress on your lower back, there are ab workouts that can be just as effective as sit ups and better for core strength. A lot of people don't think of the WHOLE core, just the abs, but the core is also your flanks and lower back muscles. It's not for everyone, but I like yoga for this... best complete core workout you can do.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
More squats and dead-lifts.

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I havent lifted in about a year.
I would suggest you to train with your body weight . I was once a gym bro, but dropped it for calisthenics and boxing. I have a much better body response from body weight exercises , maybe you give it a try and see how you respond.
I see no benefit in lifting with really heavy weights
What is your body type?
Do you have a current picture and how much do you weigh, how tall are you?

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 40 years old. 100 pushups/100 situps/100 dumbell lifts for 3 days a week and for 2 days a week taking a 30 minute bike ride
That’ll get boring real quick. What I would try to do is do the 100 push-up challenge workout (it’s online if you want to look it up, starts out easy but gets hard really quick) where you work your way up until you can do 100 without stopping. There’s different variations of push-ups too so consider switching up every week or every two weeks. By dumbbell lifts do you mean curls or shoulder press or a mix? You definitely don’t want to overtrain, and I’m not sure what weights you have. What I do when I do curls is 4x20 with 25’s or sometimes I’ll do 4x25 with 20’s. Same with shoulder press, 4x15 with 25’s. Do you have any stairs outside you could run? If so I have an awesome workout for that and you’ll never have to do a single sit-up and you’ll be ripped.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh and keep the bike ride. I was up to 10 miles a day and slacked off. I need to get back into it.

Reaction score
I have a current gym membership that ive had for the past year but havent used it because of COVID. I was thinking about going back in the gym. I have done calesthenics and boxing and didnt really like either one. I am 5'11 and I weigh 215. I live in Texas btw so its very hard to do outside exercises now cause its so hot.