Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What Days do you Usually Have Your Dates On?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kind of pedantic, but I’d be interested to see what you all say. I was reading some of my old field reports, and I noticed that my dates are ALWAYS on Tuesdays and Thursdays without fail :lol:

Would be interested to see when you all put your dates and what kind of activities you’re doing on them.

Also, is it bad practice to ask a girl out on a weekend day (i.e. Friday or Saturday?) I seem to remember hearing that somewhere. Not sure how legit that advice is.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For Thurs-Sat is when I try to set something up. The day of the lord is for my for my enjoyment / what I want to do.

It's not a "bad" practice to ask on Friday or Saturday. Technically there is no real "proper" time; thing is they will typically have plans on those days. For this reason you want to ask them earlier in the week to meet on those days so they don't plan anything with someone else.

The caveat is there has to be interest - if there is no interest it doesn't matter when you ask. She'll never be available / have "the time".

Serenity

Reaction score
The day of the week doesn't really matter, only exception is the weekend. I wouldn't call it bad practice to ask out on the weekend unless you're doing it too close to the weekend. Thing is that most people in general makes plans for the weekends, if you want their plans to include you then you better ask her early enough before she makes other plans.

Ultimately the day that works out for both you and her is the best day, only thing that matters.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Would be interested to see when you all put your dates and what kind of activities you’re doing on them.
I have had first dates and other early stage dates on every night of the week.

First dates are almost always drinks in some bar. I stopped doing first date meal dates about 10 years ago. The Manosphere had to enlighten me on that one. A lot of men who don't discover the Manosphere/Red Pill etc. don't ever learn not to do first date dinner dates. One of my few platonic female acquaintances (I'm not physically attracted to her) has mentioned how she gets tons of offers for dinner dates off of swipe apps/online dating. Plenty of men are still doing dinner dates.

If the conversion during my in-person approach yields some commonality that works well as an activity date, I will do an activity date on a first date. That's rarely ever happens though, so I'm using the default drinks date over 95% of the time. Activity dates are decent 2nd-3rd dates if you're not getting first date sex. I don't tend to push hard for first date sex, which would be a legitimate critique of my dating style. The counterpoint to that is that I prefer longer term sexual relationships and a lot of first date sex doesn't result in a longer term sexual relationships.

Over my 20+ years in the mating environment, I have noticed a change in the atmosphere around date night on certain nights of the week. It's mainly weeknights (Sunday - Thursday nights). When I was in high school and college, a weeknight date felt a lot different than a post college weeknight date. This was especially true with college. In college, I could go on a Wednesday night date. If I didn't have a morning class on Thursday, I could go harder on a weeknight and stay out later. This would also be helped if the woman didn't have an early class the next day either. Post college, there's something deflating about 2 white collar workers going out on a weeknight and having a real job the next day that requires sleep, mental clarity, and not a hangover. The prospect of work the next morning before 9 AM can often hang negatively over a first date drinks date on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

As I've observed, the biggest difference between college and the white collar working world is the consequences of messing up. In college, if you mess up, the absolute worst consequence is that you fail a specific class and have to take it again. Knowing that's the worst consequence is liberating and you can have a more carefree mentality going into dates. In the white collar working world, if you fucck up at work, you can get fired. When you get fired, you're likely facing 3-9 months of job interviews while getting a fraction of your former salary from state unemployment payments. That's going to affect quality of life in a major way. You can't have as carefree of a mentality on your weeknight dates.

is it bad practice to ask a girl out on a weekend day (i.e. Friday or Saturday?) I seem to remember hearing that somewhere. Not sure how legit that advice is.
In the 2000s, I read that it is bad practice to ask out a woman on a Friday or Saturday night. Therefore, for many years, I only offered first dates during the Sunday-Thursday night time frame. My views on this have evolved over time.

The upside to asking a woman out on a Friday or Saturday is that you can have a more carefree mentality on the early stage date because you're not having to think about work in the morning. This is true if you're working a Mon-Fri 8:30 AM-5:30 PM type job.

There are downsides to planning a Friday - Saturday night first date. The biggest downside is that a female prospect might interpret that you have nothing better going on in your life because you're offering a stranger a prime time slot. This looks even worse when the interaction is occuring from behind an electronic screen, as would be the case with swipe apps and social media DMs. Additionally, almost every woman under 30 will not agree to a Friday or Saturday night first date because her social life is generally busy. She can fill up her most important time slots either going to bars to look for new men and/or spending time with her female friends.

When you are dealing with women 30+, these women often have availability on Friday and Saturday nights. Unattached women 30+ have friends who are mainly in long term relationships and married who won't be available to see them on Friday and Saturday nights. An unattached woman 30+ will be open to a first date on those night. I remember one instance where I had an amazing date with an attractive early 30s woman on a Friday night. We started the date around 7:00 or 7:30 PM and didn't end it until around 12:30 to 1 AM. I remember thinking while on that date that the 24-27 year old version of her would never have done this. You can propose a Friday or Saturday night first date with a 30+ woman from either a swipe app or real life approach method. I would still recommend choosing the Sunday-Thursday night option.

Occasionally, I have had first dates that were activity dates on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Those can be good options. It's even possible to do a day drinking first date on a weekend afternoon. A weekend afternoon doesn't carry the same significance as a weekend night (not as prime of a time slot).

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most working women don't seem to mind happy hour first meets in my experience, so I try to do Sun-Thurs. As @SW15 mentioned, you can look suspect by having weekend nights open. Depends on the woman though. Another aspect of the weekday HH meet is its brevity is conducive to the 2-date lay model, Blackdragon style.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll set a date when I'm free. Simple. It's not about what she will think if you ask her out on a specific night on the week. It's about investing a few hours of your valuable time into this date. If you care that much what people will think about you, you have a reacher/loser mentality.
You eventually have to reach that point in your life when you realize that there is more to life than this dating shenanigans, maybe you even have a higher purpose going beyond this limited life we have. That's when you realize how precious your time is and that's when you take control of the interaction and, more importantly, you take control of your life, your future.
This life is too short for low interest women, if she's rejecting your date offer without proposing a new one, it's not about her schedule.
Plus, a rejection ain't that bad, you can still learn a lot from it.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wednesday, Thursday or Friday after-work drinks (if they work in the city) has always been my thing, low impact on my routine/week, already high energy from work and already looking slick in a suit or blazer/pocket square/white shirt/chino combo. I just feel better in work attire (which has now become my everyday attire).

Saturday evening dates will either lead to sex or me ghosting them and moving on. I can happily go home alone during the week as I have work early anyway and there's less expectation. Weekend post-date going home alone, I don't like the feeling (especially if I don't have backup plans) so I keep Saturday evening dates for girls I like or know I can bang or have a party or something line up just incase.

I also like to work on the weekends if I'm behind or have deadlines, work comes in randomly. I like to see my friends and family on the weekend to energise my soul, the older you get the more you need to plan things in advance as everyone has lives. Having a weekend ruined by a bad date when I could be doing something productive is why I prefer mid-week after-work drinks and if we hit it off, a Saturday date to follow up (yes I know it's quite soon after the first date but I like to keep the momentum going if I do like a girl).

In my younger days I would take what was on offer, these days my time is literally money so I need to be more militant, this works for me.

Reaction score
Never do the weekends unless she’s your gf lol. I like week day nights because it gives her some investment to put out and it’s not as crowded those nights. These girls also do fvcking judge you and take everything face value.

Last edited:

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never make plans for a Saturday with a date unless she has officially been upgraded to plate status. Prefer to maintain mystery in early-stage dating and leaving Saturday off the books aids in that. Every other day (and time) is fair game though.

LucianoM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I never make plans for a Saturday with a date unless she has officially been upgraded to plate status. Prefer to maintain mystery in early-stage dating and leaving Saturday off the books aids in that. Every other day (and time) is fair game though.
Ahahahahahahhahhaaaahahahahah

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For first dates?

Wed/Thu for most women
Fri/Sat for high interest + highly attractive women

Never Tue/Sun.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have had first dates and other early stage dates on every night of the week.

First dates are almost always drinks in some bar. I stopped doing first date meal dates about 10 years ago. The Manosphere had to enlighten me on that one. A lot of men who don't discover the Manosphere/Red Pill etc. don't ever learn not to do first date dinner dates. One of my few platonic female acquaintances (I'm not physically attracted to her) has mentioned how she gets tons of offers for dinner dates off of swipe apps/online dating. Plenty of men are still doing dinner dates.

If the conversion during my in-person approach yields some commonality that works well as an activity date, I will do an activity date on a first date. That's rarely ever happens though, so I'm using the default drinks date over 95% of the time. Activity dates are decent 2nd-3rd dates if you're not getting first date sex. I don't tend to push hard for first date sex, which would be a legitimate critique of my dating style. The counterpoint to that is that I prefer longer term sexual relationships and a lot of first date sex doesn't result in a longer term sexual relationships.

Over my 20+ years in the mating environment, I have noticed a change in the atmosphere around date night on certain nights of the week. It's mainly weeknights (Sunday - Thursday nights). When I was in high school and college, a weeknight date felt a lot different than a post college weeknight date. This was especially true with college. In college, I could go on a Wednesday night date. If I didn't have a morning class on Thursday, I could go harder on a weeknight and stay out later. This would also be helped if the woman didn't have an early class the next day either. Post college, there's something deflating about 2 white collar workers going out on a weeknight and having a real job the next day that requires sleep, mental clarity, and not a hangover. The prospect of work the next morning before 9 AM can often hang negatively over a first date drinks date on a Tuesday or Wednesday night.

As I've observed, the biggest difference between college and the white collar working world is the consequences of messing up. In college, if you mess up, the absolute worst consequence is that you fail a specific class and have to take it again. Knowing that's the worst consequence is liberating and you can have a more carefree mentality going into dates. In the white collar working world, if you fucck up at work, you can get fired. When you get fired, you're likely facing 3-9 months of job interviews while getting a fraction of your former salary from state unemployment payments. That's going to affect quality of life in a major way. You can't have as carefree of a mentality on your weeknight dates.

In the 2000s, I read that it is bad practice to ask out a woman on a Friday or Saturday night. Therefore, for many years, I only offered first dates during the Sunday-Thursday night time frame. My views on this have evolved over time.

The upside to asking a woman out on a Friday or Saturday is that you can have a more carefree mentality on the early stage date because you're not having to think about work in the morning. This is true if you're working a Mon-Fri 8:30 AM-5:30 PM type job.

There are downsides to planning a Friday - Saturday night first date. The biggest downside is that a female prospect might interpret that you have nothing better going on in your life because you're offering a stranger a prime time slot. This looks even worse when the interaction is occuring from behind an electronic screen, as would be the case with swipe apps and social media DMs. Additionally, almost every woman under 30 will not agree to a Friday or Saturday night first date because her social life is generally busy. She can fill up her most important time slots either going to bars to look for new men and/or spending time with her female friends.

When you are dealing with women 30+, these women often have availability on Friday and Saturday nights. Unattached women 30+ have friends who are mainly in long term relationships and married who won't be available to see them on Friday and Saturday nights. An unattached woman 30+ will be open to a first date on those night. I remember one instance where I had an amazing date with an attractive early 30s woman on a Friday night. We started the date around 7:00 or 7:30 PM and didn't end it until around 12:30 to 1 AM. I remember thinking while on that date that the 24-27 year old version of her would never have done this. You can propose a Friday or Saturday night first date with a 30+ woman from either a swipe app or real life approach method. I would still recommend choosing the Sunday-Thursday night option.

Occasionally, I have had first dates that were activity dates on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Those can be good options. It's even possible to do a day drinking first date on a weekend afternoon. A weekend afternoon doesn't carry the same significance as a weekend night (not as prime of a time slot).
I’m right there with you on the drink dates. Though, I do have interest in doing some action dates in the future. Some of my wings have had luck with them. Specifically salsa dancing type dates.

As I get deeper into my job, I’m beginning to experience more of what you’re saying. It can be very difficult to game, and then get up for work. I have done it a couple of times.

Right. Absolutely no mistakes at work. Getting fired is not an acceptable option, and you’d be kicking yourself to say the least. Work is definitely a big consideration when it comes to this. (My workday starts at 7 AM. I haven’t overslept it even once.)

That’s a very good write up. Indeed, it seems that there are pluses and minuses to each one.

Based on your write up, the ideal day for me to have my dates would be on a Thursday. This is because I work a 4/10 schedule. No work Friday morning.

Though, since each option has its ups and downs, it seems that any day of the week can work, realistically.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wednesday, Thursday or Friday after-work drinks (if they work in the city) has always been my thing, low impact on my routine/week, already high energy from work and already looking slick in a suit or blazer/pocket square/white shirt/chino combo. I just feel better in work attire (which has now become my everyday attire).

Saturday evening dates will either lead to sex or me ghosting them and moving on. I can happily go home alone during the week as I have work early anyway and there's less expectation. Weekend post-date going home alone, I don't like the feeling (especially if I don't have backup plans) so I keep Saturday evening dates for girls I like or know I can bang or have a party or something line up just incase.

I also like to work on the weekends if I'm behind or have deadlines, work comes in randomly. I like to see my friends and family on the weekend to energise my soul, the older you get the more you need to plan things in advance as everyone has lives. Having a weekend ruined by a bad date when I could be doing something productive is why I prefer mid-week after-work drinks and if we hit it off, a Saturday date to follow up (yes I know it's quite soon after the first date but I like to keep the momentum going if I do like a girl).

In my younger days I would take what was on offer, these days my time is literally money so I need to be more militant, this works for me.
I like all of the suggestions to consider work as well so that you don’t seriously burn yourself out.

I’m the same way, man. I like working on the weekends a bit as well to get ahead of the curve. It makes the actual working week so much less stressful, so it’s worth it IMO.

Sounds like you’ve found a routine that works for you!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m right there with you on the drink dates. Though, I do have interest in doing some action dates in the future. Some of my wings have had luck with them. Specifically salsa dancing type dates.
Think bigger picture. You'll often need a combination of drinks dates, activity dates, and home dinner/"Netflix and Chill" type dates to get laid once and keep a woman around for some extended period.

Based on your write up, the ideal day for me to have my dates would be on a Thursday. This is because I work a 4/10 schedule. No work Friday morning.

Though, since each option has its ups and downs, it seems that any day of the week can work, realistically.
All my post college jobs have involved work on Fridays. You're fortunate. You could use Thursday nights for either dates for doing some in-person approaching late into the night, which can help with getting the same night lay. The pandemic has still slowed night game though.

As I get deeper into my job, I’m beginning to experience more of what you’re saying. It can be very difficult to game, and then get up for work. I have done it a couple of times.

Right. Absolutely no mistakes at work. Getting fired is not an acceptable option, and you’d be kicking yourself to say the least. Work is definitely a big consideration when it comes to this. (My workday starts at 7 AM. I haven’t overslept it even once.)
If you're doing bar game, it's better to do bar game on weeknights as compared to Fri/Sat night when every guy is trying to get dates and/or get laid from the bar. A woman in a bar at 11 PM on a Tuesday night is far more serious about meeting men than a woman in a bar on Saturday night at 11 PM. The Saturday night crew has more women seeking attention and validation. It's more difficult go to a bar late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning and then go to work around 7-9 AM (if you work a typical Mon-Fri day shift job) than go out on Friday/Saturday night.

Yes, even dates that end between 10-11 PM can be difficult for the worker guy, either blue or white collar.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like you’ve found a routine that works for you!
That's what it's all about, there's no one size fits all rule to dating, except holding your frame and keeping your dignity/self-respect.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think bigger picture. You'll often need a combination of drinks dates, activity dates, and home dinner/"Netflix and Chill" type dates to get laid once and keep a woman around for some extended period.

All my post college jobs have involved work on Fridays. You're fortunate. You could use Thursday nights for either dates for doing some in-person approaching late into the night, which can help with getting the same night lay. The pandemic has still slowed night game though.

If you're doing bar game, it's better to do bar game on weeknights as compared to Fri/Sat night when every guy is trying to get dates and/or get laid from the bar. A woman in a bar at 11 PM on a Tuesday night is far more serious about meeting men than a woman in a bar on Saturday night at 11 PM. The Saturday night crew has more women seeking attention and validation. It's more difficult go to a bar late Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning and then go to work around 7-9 AM (if you work a typical Mon-Fri day shift job) than go out on Friday/Saturday night.

Yes, even dates that end between 10-11 PM can be difficult for the worker guy, either blue or white collar.
Yes, that’s a good idea. I had a whole separate thread about that. Banging a girl once or twice and then having her drop off the face of the Earth isn’t conducive to building a rotation.

What was the rule you followed? Wait 7-9 days and then reach out for a date, after a successful first one?

This may not be a hard and fast rule, but I’ve often found that if I don’t bang a girl on the first date I am never able to get her out again. RooshV would agree with that.

Agreed. Thursdays, if I’m not on a date, I’m out gaming.

Speaking of which, I will be going out today for Nightgame as well. Hopefully it goes smoothly!