Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Weight Lost

cabaceira

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Guys!
So i have been in a weight lost journey.
I went from 91kg to 82 in 2 months.
Out of nowhere i stopped losing weight, but i am doing exacly what i need to do
I am eating 1500 calories a day , training 3 times a week.
Do you guys think this is just a " phase " and if i continue to do this i will lose weight.
Or do you think i need to change something up?

Medina

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skip Breakfast. It sucks anyway and when you do, you give yourself a 12 to 16 hour fasting period

Less daily calories and all the benefits of a Fast. In one easy move

cabaceira

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never go by weight. Go by how you look and fit into your clothes. Remember muscle weighs more than fat.

Yeah this was correct. Got my evaluation in the gym and it was exactly this. Thanks to everyone who commented

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a guy who lost over a 100 pounds, I think I might be able to help.

The initial weight you lose by cleaning up your diet is mostly water weight, then some fat rapidly.

Carbs store thrice their weight in water in the body.

1500 is a too low a calorie intake. I'm guessing at 91 kgs your maintenance calories at 3x intense workout a week and sedentary lifestyle would be around 2500-2700.

By drastically cutting your calories your body's metabolism has down regulated.

Don't cut your calories further, rather increase you cardio by 100-200 calories a day and INCREASE your calories by 50-100 a day and get it back to 2500 so that the metabolic damage gets normalised.

This is called reverse dieting. Look it up. It helps with plateaus.

Loose weight slow, and you'll keep it off longer.

Yo yo diets don't work due to metabolic adaptations.

graves992

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi! Your weight is water, muscle, and fat. To lose weight you eat on a calorie deficit, but you also can't forget about working out. See if your calorie deficit is correct.

FraUnderRadaren

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't cut your calories further, rather increase you cardio by 100-200 calories a day and INCREASE your calories by 50-100 a day and get it back to 2500 so that the metabolic damage gets normalised.
I second this too. That daily caloric intake sounds drastically low, and the safer option is not decreasing intake and simply doing more activity.

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since you're not an obese, your main focus should be finding a way to make your metabolism work the way it was supposed to be working.

Sure, but how do you do that?

- Working out
I am a big guy, so my passion has always been powerlifting. You'll see me in the gym lifting heavy and taking long rests between the sets, even when I'm doing one or two repetitions.

It can be good for you, tho, to be able to mix lifting heavy with impacting your muscles through repetition. How do you do that? Increasing the weight and decreasing the reps as you proceed with the sets. One example:

Bench Press
1x20 (20kg)
1x15 (40kg)
1x10 (50kg)
1x8 (60kg)
1x5 (70kg)
1x1 (100kg)

- Running
It's an awesome option, unless you're morbidly obese. Make sure you eat something before doing it. You can separate your running in two good categories: Short and fast, long and slow.

Short and fast: sprints in intervals, maybe 10 sets of 50m sprints can be good enough.

Long and slow: running based on time and distance, you can be running for half an hour, or 3-5km

Don't overdo the running, it's not good for your body and at some point it will stop working on you. If you can do that twice or 3 times a week is already good enough.

- Walking
Perfect for after you wake up, you can't put your body in too much stress by running when you're fasting. Walking do the job properly, it's a good cardio, calming and won't stress your body. Half and hour to one hour and half of walking can be enough.

I personally can do 10km in 1:15, maybe you can do more or less, but that's usually what I go for.

- Forget you have a car

Don't be lazy. If you need to go to a store that's less than 1km away from your house, go with your car. Everything that you can do by yourself without the aid of your car, do it.

- Dieting
That's the most important part, because most people get it wrong and end up messing their lives with that. First, you can't drastically cut off the carbs and calories from your diet. Why? Because your body will get lethargic, you'll feel stressed, your days will feel like **** and you will have no will or wish to do anything besides eating a BigMac and watch some crap show on Netflix.

So first things first, clean your diet. By cleaning your diet, I mean that you're taking the trash away and keeping the good food. If your case of addction to food is extreme, leave some amount of calories for you to fill this need of yours, as long as it fits your macros.

Alright, now that you took the **** out of your life, it's time to find out what's the amount of calories your body needs to keep you alive. You can do that by going to a nutritionist, but that's not 100% necessary. There are a lot of sites that you can find a "BMR Calculator" and get yourself a good result. Don't forget to always put "Sedentary" in the options.

Now that you have your BMR, it's time to make the food you eat fit your macros, not the other way around. You can use MyFitnessPal, it's entirely up to what app you like the most to track down your calories. Get yourself a scale too, it's gonna be extremely important. Your life now is based on counting calories, getting the weight from the food you eat. Everything that get inside that mouth, you'll track.

Take the first two weeks to get used to your new clean diet. As you're feeling comfortable, you can start lowering down the calorie intake. Let's suppose that you start eating 2500kcal daily. After two weeks, you can lower it to 2250, and then to 2000. It's important to never go under 2000kcal, or drastically lower the calories. Why? Because your body will start eating your muscles too, and you don't want that to happen.

If you wanna play the zero carbs game, try the Carb Cycle. It's pretty much having days with 0 carbs, high carbs and then medium carbs. This way you don't give your body enough time to get used not having carbs and ****ing your metabolism.

Remember that your body literally can't absorve more than 2.5g per 1kg of bodyweight. Which means that if you're a 100kg guy, you shouldn't eat more than 250g of proteins. That's all your body needs, don't overeat it.

The process is simple. First you build muscle and exercise to get your methabolism to work properly. Second, you adapt your diet. You'll notice that you won't need to lower the calories too much to lose weight. It's a process, don't go so hard on it.

It's not by eating less that you'll lose fat in a healthy way, but by eating right and make your body work at its full potential.

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Crash your diet with a cheat day. May not work for everybody, but it sure helped me.
deadmasterx had some good points, but please don't eat 2,5g/1kg Protein.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Guys!
Do you guys think this is just a " phase " and if i continue to do this i will lose weight.
What are your stats... if your a normal sized male you have probably down regulated your metabolism. I have done it.... I went from 245 to 210 in one summer... I wanted to try and hit 205 so I kept cutting calories and upping my cardio.. down to about where you were. I started waking up heavier because my metabolism stalled.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are your stats... if your a normal sized male you have probably down regulated your metabolism. I have done it.... I went from 245 to 210 in one summer... I wanted to try and hit 205 so I kept cutting calories and upping my cardio.. down to about where you were. I started waking up heavier because my metabolism stalled.
What's your height? Did you have better pull at 210 vs 245?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hello Guys!
Yes. This is your body telling you it doesn't like you trying to starve it and it is doing everything it can to hold onto fat because it believes a prolonged period of inadequate food availability is occurring.

1500 calories isn't enough. This isn't exactly what you need to do, it is you not understanding how the body really works. Increase your calories by 200 every week until you start losing again.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
am eating 1500 calories a day , training 3 times a week.
The times a week isn't enough.
You need to step up your game and go the full Monty. Eg 6 days training and the 7th day= rest day (like Sunday for example).
Three days is just maintenance of your body & health.
This raises your metabolism too. Also if your training is in the early mornings in a "awakening state"(= right after you wake up/as soon as possible) your metabolism will be boosted too if you hit the treadmill with interval training.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The times a week isn't enough.
You need to step up your game and go the full Monty. Eg 6 days training and the 7th day= rest day (like Sunday for example).
Three days is just maintenance of your body & health.
This raises your metabolism too. Also if your training is in the early mornings in a "awakening state"(= right after you wake up/as soon as possible) your metabolism will be boosted too if you hit the treadmill with interval training.
Not necessarily true. If you train intensely, you may only be able to train 3 days a week due to the recovery needed.

Remember that intensity will ALWAYS trump any other thing with training. Training intensely 3 days a week will get you better results than training average 6 days a week.

Most people aren't willing to train intensely because it is extremely tiring and very hard work. Additionally they greatly exaggerate how intense they are training and fool themselves into thinking they are training a lot harder than they actually are.