Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Weight Lost

jimwho

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have stopped taking advice from other people about weight loss specifically. Common sense and quality food with fasting is what works for me. Imo organic is a scam. No food from the middle aisle, and eat an apple fritter occasionally.
Don't care about metabolism, I eat on average a calorie deficit, and if my body plays games I counter with long term consistency, and eventually my body gives up on what the professionals tell it. Finding what works for you very long term is what I wish everyone can figure out.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Guys!
So i have been in a weight lost journey.
I went from 91kg to 82 in 2 months.
Out of nowhere i stopped losing weight, but i am doing exacly what i need to do
I am eating 1500 calories a day , training 3 times a week.
Do you guys think this is just a " phase " and if i continue to do this i will lose weight.
Or do you think i need to change something up?
Eventually it plateus. You lost 9kg in 2 months. 19.8 lbs in 2 months which is approximately 10lb per month, which is approximately 2.5 lb per week. This is a good rate. You can lost this much as you lean down to less than 10% body fat. So if you were very fat, this could go on for quite some time.

What you can do within the framework you are using is add more training days. I'd do cardio every day at least 30 minutes while stripping down fat. You can do weight or bodyweight excersizes 3-5 days a week.

In your 1500 calories, you can get the carbs down a little lower, to force fat to be the fuel, and add a little more protein to save muscle mass.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have stopped taking advice from other people about weight loss specifically. Common sense and quality food with fasting is what works for me. Imo organic is a scam. No food from the middle aisle, and eat an apple fritter occasionally.
Don't care about metabolism, I eat on average a calorie deficit, and if my body plays games I counter with long term consistency, and eventually my body gives up on what the professionals tell it. Finding what works for you very long term is what I wish everyone can figure out.
You know what your body needs more than anyone else, and as long as you have experimented and taken notes on how you interact with different foods, then you will know it better than anyone else on you.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fasting helped me lose some weight, but training 5 days a week and building appetite meant breakfast is a proteinshake and banana, lunch and dinner protein and veg.

I don't agree with fasting anymore. The rate I'm training (and you should be too) and the protein I need, I need regular protein intake and protein synthethis research showed me I cant gorge on protein a couple times a day, need to spread it out

OOOHHHHARRRR (in man speak).

I'm a steady 195lbs 6'2 and have been while fatter and ripped

Listen to your body and how you look/feel.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fasting helped me lose some weight, but training 5 days a week and building appetite meant breakfast is a proteinshake and banana, lunch and dinner protein and veg.

I don't agree with fasting anymore. The rate I'm training (and you should be too) and the protein I need, I need regular protein intake and protein synthethis research showed me I cant gorge on protein a couple times a day, need to spread it out

OOOHHHHARRRR (in man speak).

I'm a steady 195lbs 6'2 and have been while fatter and ripped

Listen to your body and how you look/feel.
Fasting is just a tool to add and remove. Say you gorged over a weekend. You can add a single fast day to clean it up.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fasting is just a tool to add and remove. Say you gorged over a weekend. You can add a single fast day to clean it up.
I meant more intermittent fasting like 8-6 hour window, I just cant seem to get what I need in that time frame

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fasting is life. I Suggest you a 5 day fast . It feels great.
I have done 36 hour fasts before and I agree it's good to give the organs a rest.

But how do you fast while lifting and trying to pack on muscle?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
24-48 hrs fast will clean out excess glycogen in the system, forcing fat burning, it'll allow your organs to rest and raise your GH levels several times the normal amount.

You can use a fast to start the beginning of a new nutrition program or some other marker. Or the very occasional fast day thrown in to prove self control and will power and to change out the monotony of eating.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
24-48 hrs fast will clean out excess glycogen in the system, forcing fat burning, it'll allow your organs to rest and raise your GH levels several times the normal amount.

You can use a fast to start the beginning of a new nutrition program or some other marker. Or the very occasional fast day thrown in to prove self control and will power and to change out the monotony of eating.
Hmm great points there

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Guys!
Do you guys think this is just a " phase " and if i continue to do this i will lose weight.
You hit a plateau. I highly recommend intermittent fasting. have a look at my thread and other. look at bb.com or other threads here. sleep better. minimum 8hr a day. do a 4day split. add in rowing or running. gradually increase intensity.

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have done 36 hour fasts before and I agree it's good to give the organs a rest.

But how do you fast while lifting and trying to pack on muscle?
Once a month i do an 48h water fast where I train normally like every other day. I would even say I have more energy on the second day, or focus.

If I go above 48 hours then I don't train. Tried it once and was sore for one and a half week.
I don't try to pack on muscle tho. I am naturally heavy and I don't give a sheet anymore about a heavy deadlift, bench or squad. I work everything out and run 2-3 times a week training for a half marathon.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Basically here is how this works:

1) Your body needs to burn more calories than it takes in. This can be accomplished several ways:
a) Building muscle creates more metabolically active tissue and requires 50 calories per pound of muscle per day. More muscle = higher caloric needs
b) Eating below maintenance (but not TOO far below maintenance)
c) Fasting(ironically eating nothing is better for the body than trying to eat very low calories(like under 1400 for a guy---you will raise your metabolism while fasting and burn through fat versus lowering it and burning through half muscle/half fat if restricting calories greatly)
d) Increasing the number of calories needed via exercise, which allows you to eat more.
e) Setting up situations for EPOC to occur post workout which is driven by intensity when working out. Your body will basically go haywire trying to restore the status quo afterwards and will need to expend calories to do so...sometimes a LOT of calories and can do so for up to 24 hours after. This is why intensity ALWAYS beats time when working out. A 20 minute intense workout will ALWAYS give better results than a 60 minute slower paced workout.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello Guys!
We're late for the party. But you might have hit a plateau. Try changing things up so the body doesn't become used to your routine and stop progressing

Modern Man Advice

june20211

Reaction score
I think the "eat before xPM" is a good idea, not because of any physical reasons (I haven't done the reading) but because people will actually stop eating!

Reaction score
you stopped losing weight coz when you started your weight loss journey you started with immense diet and that can be a reason coz of your weight loss. you should have started the diet after 2 months coz initially you lose weight as it coz of the exercises you do. starting everything from the start will coz this problem you have now.
i recommend you take advice from a trainer