Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Walking - one of the most underrated tools for weight loss

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
Apparently when some people start trying low carb diets or keto diets they mistakenly add way too much fats and they over do protein as well. I think that was me.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It was a mistake i think i was reading Keto diet and never sculpted the menu properly

it was basically a high fat/ high protein diet. Recently I reduced fats so lets see how my weight changes
I would be adding more olive oil, avocados and fatty fish. Raw nuts(I like almonds) and raw seeds(pumpkin and sunflower I prefer) too

Also any cow products should be grass fed, free range organic as they accumulate a lot of toxic and inflammatory compounds since they are larger and live relatively longer compared to other animals. Meats, cheeses, butter, milk, cream, etc

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Apparently when some people start trying low carb diets or keto diets they mistakenly add way too much fats and they over do protein as well. I think that was me.
Are you tracking food via MyFitnessPal or another app? Also, do you have a food scale and are you using it? Other than that you are simply guessing, IMO

I always use grams to measure and not ounces since it's more accurate...at least for my scale, it's ounces are in 0.5 increments and there is a lot of play on between those.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
How many meals per day?
I had done 1-2 meals per day (skipping breakfast) but recently I decided to do 3 smaller meals per day.

my breakfast is now 2 raw eggs every morning. So i am trying to eat The Same Thing every morning, aiming for complete consistency, and ultimately eating almost The Same Thing Every Day.

why?

i am diabetic. Trying to balance my blood sugars. (Trust me, being a diabetic is A Lot of work)

for non diabetics your diets in this topic are on easy street. I could not imagine anyone going to the extents a diabetic has to go through.

just saying I have restrictions and standarized dietary habits that i Must follow, or i risk getting complications. You guys can basically eat whatever and get away with it. Lucky you!

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
Are you tracking food via MyFitnessPal or another app? Also, do you have a food scale and are you using it? Other than that you are simply guessing, IMO

I always use grams to measure and not ounces since it's more accurate...at least for my scale, it's ounces are in 0.5 increments and there is a lot of play on between those.
No, because I’m just tired of apps and computers

everything i eat is roughly measured because i take insulin before every meal. Mostly that means I calculate carbs and proteins. Note: i take insulin for carbs And proteins, not just carbs.

so i carb count a lot. It sucks tbh

I’ve learned to aim for a protein portion the size of the palm of my hand. That is a good measurement

when i hear you guys taking protein powder drinks, who knows how much protein you are really taking. My guess is one big shake is probably somehow the equivalent of several palm sized portions

To you protein powder guys: i suspect you take in Way more protein than is healthy. Way more. And also the protein powder fat content is basically like eating a Lab Experiment.

that is how i see protein powders.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

everything i eat is roughly measured because i take insulin before every meal. Mostly that means I calculate carbs and proteins. Note: i take insulin for carbs And proteins, not just carbs.

I’ve learned to aim for a protein portion the size of the palm of my hand. That is a good measurement

when i hear you guys taking protein powder drinks, who knows how much protein you are really taking. My guess is one big shake is probably somehow the equivalent of several palm sized portions

To you protein powder guys: i suspect you take in Way more protein than is healthy. Way more. And also the protein powder fat content is basically like eating a Lab Experiment.

If you guesstimate and you aren't losing weight and you aren't willing to change I am not sure what to tell you.

At the end of the day you either can have results or you can have excuses but never both

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
If you guesstimate and you aren't losing weight and you aren't willing to change I am not sure what to tell you.

At the end of the day you either can have results or you can have excuses but never both
It is not a “guesstimation” when you limit yourself Under 30 grams of carbs per day. I eat very low carb vegetables plus a protein portion the size of the palm of my hand.

there are guys here who consider 100 Grams of Carbs per Day, they consider 100 grams “low carb” trust me it is not a low carb diet,

a low carb diet is about 30 grams of carbs Per Day, total.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score

You are right though probably, because i am only losing 1/3 pound per day. But that is with 1 cheat day per week

something has to change in order to activate a faster fat loss.

i decided not to do One Meal Per Day anymore. I want to maintain my muscles and not lose muscles from starving/fasting like that too much

my goal is basically The Same Menu Every Day.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
As a diabetic, let me tell you

as a diabetic i need to take insulin in the early morning because of the dawn phenomenon when glucose goes through the body and blood sugar rises

as a diabetic if you wake up prior to the Dawn Phenomenon and go jogging (High Intensity Interval Training) and do that BEFORE taking any morning insulin to counter the dawn phenomenon, THAT is a way to improve fat loss

why?
Because i am jogging (HIIT) with No Insulin on board.
Insulin (of which i have to take multiple times per day, sometimes around 10 various injections per day) Insulin is a Fat Fertilizer.

therefore, exercising in the early morning prior to taking any insulin Should in theory be a big helper towards fat loss for diabetics and probably anyone else even non diabetics because the battle is insulin

insulin is a Fat Fertilizer

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It is not a “guesstimation” when you limit yourself Under 30 grams of carbs per day. I eat very low carb vegetables plus a protein portion the size of the palm of my hand.

there are guys here who consider 100 Grams of Carbs per Day, they consider 100 grams “low carb” trust me it is not a low carb diet,

a low carb diet is about 30 grams of carbs Per Day, total.
I'm not diabetic, nor a keto proponent...so my version of low carb is "lower" carb than other days...other than fast days where it's 0 carbs since I don't eat anything.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
I would be adding more olive oil, avocados and fatty fish. Raw nuts(I like almonds) and raw seeds(pumpkin and sunflower I prefer) too

Also any cow products should be grass fed, free range organic as they accumulate a lot of toxic and inflammatory compounds since they are larger and live relatively longer compared to other animals. Meats, cheeses, butter, milk, cream, etc
Well, a benefit of fats is that it curbs food cravings. If you are on a True low carb diet, that means you have been eating around 30 carbs Per Day for a while WITHOUT any cheat days. Now, for any non diabetics you are certain to be scoffing at this but let me tell you, you are NOT doing a low carb diet if you eat above 30 grams of Carbs per day, and you have to Maintain that without cheating.

basically nobody is going to have such a pain in the ass diet unless they are diabetic and doing it because they will develop health problems if they don’t.

just to put you non diabetics into a further state of denial: in order for a diabetic to repair most insulin resistance they need to maintain that diet of under 30 grans of carbs Without Cheat days for several Months consistently. And in many cases of diabetics they may require a whole Year just to repair insulin resistance.

if you are not a diabetic you likely get to bypass most of what i am saying. Lucky you!

anyways, in order to tame down the carb cravings during the Low Carb transition, you can eat butter or fats in bigger amounts and it should reduce cravings. What i am saying is: you do not Continue eating higher butter forever

eventually you want your fats from foods, and not add in butters or lard or even olive oils, unless you just use a small amount

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Well, a benefit of fats is that it curbs food cravings. If you are on a True low carb diet, that means you have been eating around 30 carbs Per Day for a while WITHOUT any cheat days. Now, for any non diabetics you are certain to be scoffing at this but let me tell you, you are NOT doing a low carb diet if you eat above 30 grams of Carbs per day, and you have to Maintain that without cheating.

basically nobody is going to have such a pain in the ass diet unless they are diabetic and doing it because they will develop health problems if they don’t.

just to put you non diabetics into a further state of denial: in order for a diabetic to repair most insulin resistance they need to maintain that diet of under 30 grans of carbs Without Cheat days for several Months consistently. And in many cases of diabetics they may require a whole Year just to repair insulin resistance.

if you are not a diabetic you likely get to bypass most of what i am saying. Lucky you!

anyways, in order to tame down the carb cravings during the Low Carb transition, you can eat butter or fats in bigger amounts and it should reduce cravings. What i am saying is: you do not Continue eating higher butter forever

eventually you want your fats from foods, and not add in butters or lard or even olive oils, unless you just use a small amount
The type of fat is far more important which is what you don't seem to understand. Monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats are what most fats should be from a health standpoint.

I don't think anything is wrong with saturated fats in moderation but they also aren't going to do much to help your health either. They are important for sex hormone production, but most people intake far above what is necessary for that already.

Eating loads of butter, even if grass fed isn't helping you out as much as you think and it may be hurting you overall since you aren't getting the benefits of the others, one of which is assisting weight loss via increasing in epinephrine and norepinephrine.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The type of fat is far more important which is what you don't seem to understand. Monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats are what most fats should be from a health standpoint.

I don't think anything is wrong with saturated fats in moderation but they also aren't going to do much to help your health either.
Yep. Butter is not good. Saturated fat should be restricted to 10% of total calories (20g / 2,000 calories). Optimal is even lower… 5%. Unsaturated fat is healthier and naturally occurring in nuts, plant sources, and fatty fish.

just to put you non diabetics into a further state of denial:
I am not diabetic. However, being diabetic does not mean low carb it means lose weight and clean up your carb sources.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yep. Butter is not good. Saturated fat should be restricted to 10% of total calories (20g / 2,000 calories). Optimal is even lower… 5%. Unsaturated fat is healthier and naturally occurring in nuts, plant sources, and fatty fish.

I am not diabetic. However, being diabetic does not mean low carb it means lose weight and clean up your carb sources.
Yeah I am a little confused about this myself. My cousin is a type 1 diabetic, and was diagnosed at 11, now 19, and he eats carbs but just makes sure to dose his insulin properly to them...same with a friend from work.

I'm not sure if you have a special case or what but this is not normal for even Type 1 diabetics I know. None of them avoid carbs to that degree.

tightgrp

Don Juan
Reaction score

Do fats cause an insulin response?

tightgrp

Don Juan
Reaction score

I don't think anything is wrong with saturated fats in moderation but they also aren't going to do much to help your health either. They are important for sex hormone production, but most people intake far above what is necessary for that already.

Eating loads of butter, even if grass fed isn't helping you out as much as you think and it may be hurting you overall since you aren't getting the benefits of the others, one of which is assisting weight loss via increasing in epinephrine and norepinephrine.
Please clarify the butter/epinephrine connection.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Please clarify the butter/epinephrine connection.
It's Olive Oil and epinephrine, not butter. My fault for making that confusing. Olive Oil can also help with T production as well by supersaturating the leydig cells in the testes which allows for more T to be synthesized than normal. Studies have shown between a 15-20% increase in T levels.

Last edited:

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not taking into account land whale's hamster thinking:

"And after the walk, reward yourself with a nice cake".