Valentine's Day

Berom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a big fan as I'm sure most of us aren't.

I've been dating a girl for a couple months. She's a good woman who doesn't ask for much typically and doesn't feel entitled to anything as a female.

However, her good friend sent this to me the other night on Facebook messenger,

"I'm being [name of girl]'s loyal side-kick right now and thought I'd let you know that she will be expecting full on romanticism for Valentine's Day. Wouldn't want you to not get the memo. She's such a hopeless cheesy romantic so those things are really important to her. Which I'm sure you already know. Which I'm sure you'd do anyway. Just helpin a brotha out. Go all out. Wine. Flowers. Serenades. Hahaha."
When I read this I thought, "Fvck that shvt." If this is true, it's a total buzzkill for me. I haven't brought this specific topic up to the girl I've been dating yet. I'm still pondering on whether or not to just not do anything at all.

I'm not losing any sleep on this, but I want to do the correct thing in regards to letting her know I'm not playing into the female Valentine's day entitlement.

Can anyone relate? Any suggestions? Thanks fellas.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do anything.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score

I've been dating a girl for a couple months. She's a good woman who doesn't ask for much typically and doesn't feel entitled to anything as a female.

"I'm being [name of girl]'s loyal side-kick right now and thought I'd let you know that she will be expecting full on romanticism for Valentine's Day. Wouldn't want you to not get the memo. She's such a hopeless cheesy romantic so those things are really important to her. Which I'm sure you already know. Which I'm sure you'd do anyway. Just helpin a brotha out. Go all out. Wine. Flowers. Serenades. Hahaha."
When I read this I thought, "Fvck that shvt." If this is true, it's a total buzzkill for me. I haven't brought this specific topic up to the girl I've been dating yet. I'm still pondering on whether or not to just not do anything at all.

I'm not losing any sleep on this, but I want to do the correct thing in regards to letting her know I'm not playing into the female Valentine's day entitlement.

Can anyone relate? Any suggestions? Thanks fellas.
Third party advice from a chick? Not on your life.

Do it the way you want.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do exactly the OPPOSITE of that advice.

Speculator E

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Who do you think told her friend to facebook message you? You don't have to go all out but you have to do at least something or face her fury?

Berom

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who do you think told her friend to facebook message you? You don't have to go all out but you have to do at least something or face her fury?
I'm almost positive they talked about it and then she reached out to me. Regardless of what happened, I don't appreciate the tone and expectancy of that message. I've decided I'd be willing to take her to dinner but I'm way past chocolates, flowers, and cards for Valentine's Day. It's very juvenile.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
I'm almost positive they talked about it and then she reached out to me. Regardless of what happened, I don't appreciate the tone and expectancy of that message. I've decided I'd be willing to take her to dinner but I'm way past chocolates, flowers, and cards for Valentine's Day. It's very juvenile.
Dinner is fine. A little more MIGHT be fine too. Puking flowers, cards, chocolates and dinners is just stupid.

old_skoolr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do whatever you feel comfortable with.

You'd be surprised how appreciative girls are when doing something that took you 2 min to think of.

Dinner a bottle of wine and a nice fvck.....job done.