Ultra processed foods cause food addiction in people

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Help explains why people who start eating this type of food often have such a hard time letting go of it even tho they know the effects are terrible on their body...

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Help explains why people who start eating this type of food often have such a hard time letting go of it even tho they know the effects are terrible on their body...

People are just lazy.
It is so easy to cook and prepare your own food and make it healthy that it should be almost a criminal offense if you do not do it yourself. :devil:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
People are just lazy.
It is so easy to cook and prepare your own food and make it healthy that it should be almost a criminal offense if you do not do it yourself. :devil:
It really is...I have go-to 5 minute or less healthy options that I can make on the fly when need be. There are really no excuses.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
My go to is brown rice and beans. And lightly steamed broccoli. Easy af to make. If I’m feeling extra hungry, I’ll add a piece of fish. Yum.
I have a few...

Steel Cut oats with protein powder, berries and raw honey.

Smoothie with coconut/almond milk, berries, avocado and protein powder.

Big salad with chicken/fish/beef, goat cheese, carrots, mushrooms, raw pumpkin seeds and a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Usually with homemade nutrient dense veggies soups(squash/pear or cream of broccoli with avocado).

6 egg omelette that contains 2 whole eggs and 4 whites with kale, zucchini, onions, broccoli and goat cheese.

Sweet potato, chicken and veggies.

Etc...combinations are endless, the key is having things at your disposal.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Salads are key. I eat one almost everyday. I make one in a giant tub each week, then can rinse and meal prep accordingly. Same with homemade salad dressing. Most people’s weight and insulin resistance problems can be curtailed by eating a healthy breakfast and have a salad for lunch each day. It is really hard to overfeed calories on that template.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Salads are key. I eat one almost everyday. I make one in a giant tub each week, then can rinse and meal prep accordingly. Same with homemade salad dressing. Most people’s weight and insulin resistance problems can be curtailed by eating a healthy breakfast and have a salad for lunch each day. It is really hard to overfeed calories on that template.
I'm lucky cause I love salad...even when I was a kid and we used to go out to buffets the first place I went was the salad bad and piles my plate up with a giant salad, then barely ate anything else haha

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not the food, it's the dopamine response behind the food, conditions you to believe you literally need this food to survive, once you taste this stuff consistently your brain will give you less dopamine for other less processed foods, then it comes to a point where you need to go cold turkey and that's where this stuff is sometimes harder to quit than cigarettes.

The real scary part about this is going to be when we have an entire fast food restaurant managed by AI alone, because then there won't be overhead to pay employees needed, meaning they can bring the cost of the food down to a pittance and still make a good profit.

When you study the jobs these businesses create vs. The impact they create on our healthcare system, it becomes quickly apparent that these fast food places are being indirectly subsidized by healthcare to exist in the way they do.

McDonald's for example stores most of their pre-cooked food in heated plastic trays, God only knows what kind of leeching is happening there.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When the pandemic shut down restaurants, people thought they were going to starve without fast food. We had to open them as a societal necessity. In some places, seniors were allowed to use food stamps for fast food.

And speaking of food aid, it is funded in the US by the farm bill, renewed every five years. Congress is debating it right now. Lots of new restrictions are being proposed, but you're never going to hear anyone say we should stop letting snap recipients buy garbage food with their welfare money. The companies who peddle that bad food have made enough money to buy the politicians on both sides.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of new restrictions are being proposed, but you're never going to hear anyone say we should stop letting snap recipients buy garbage food with their welfare money.
Tbf, that viral song Rich Men North of Richmond has a notable line about it. "If you're 5 foot 3 and 300 pounds, taxes should not pay for your (Little Debbie) fudge rounds" that caught a lot of people's attention. That song was referenced at the GOP's latest debate, so it's not a stretch for congress to do the same.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am starting to eat more soup. It has alot of sodium in it is the one main negative

The positives are its hydrates and is filling at a typically low caloric level (if you avoid creme based ones)

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am starting to crave peanut butter most days. Does that count?
Depends how much. I eat a teaspoon at a time for a bit of energy. A PBJ once in a while.

Just can't do the "healthy" peanut butter, who wants to stir that shyt and it's too runny, lol.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Depends how much. I eat a teaspoon at a time for a bit of energy. A PBJ once in a while.

Just can't do the "healthy" peanut butter, who wants to stir that shyt and it's too runny, lol.
I've become quite partial to raw almond butter that I make at home...

Raw almonds, a little olive oil, some vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon in a food processor and blend for a while until it becomes smooth and has a creamy texture.

Takes a while, up until it becomes creamy it has almost a wet sand texture where it kinda clumps together.

So so good tho...

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess so...but #1 is pizza and #2 is chocolate so I guess that explains why pizza is my kryptonite and I eat dark chocolate every day hahaha
A little dark chocolate won't kill you. I typically have a bit each day.

And pizza - if it's a nice neapolitan style margherita or similar, made with fresh real ingredients, that's better than frozen pies or cheap delivery.

My weakness used to be chips (crisps) but I stopped buying the funky flavors and stick to plain tortilla chips. That way I have to have them with salsa or hummus. Harder to inhale a bag. Far far fewer ingredients too.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
A little dark chocolate won't kill you. I typically have a bit each day.

And pizza - if it's a nice neapolitan style margherita or similar, made with fresh real ingredients, that's better than frozen pies or cheap delivery.

My weakness used to be chips (crisps) but I stopped buying the funky flavors and stick to plain tortilla chips. That way I have to have them with salsa or hummus. Harder to inhale a bag. Far far fewer ingredients too.
Much more than a little won't kill you...I probably go thru 3 Aldi Choceur bars a week. Have some after pretty much every meal, it's a treat to myself.

Has had zero effect on results as the rest of my diet is immaculate.

Pizza always hurts me temporarily due to tomatoes and the crust, causes inflammation in me which makes me gain a pound of two, but within a day it's gone.

I like Rye Crackers...they are solid nutritionally, don't cause inflammation and can be used as a dipper from pretty much anything from hummus to peanut butter to almond butter to cheese to avocado, etc.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When the pandemic shut down restaurants, people thought they were going to starve without fast food. We had to open them as a societal necessity. In some places, seniors were allowed to use food stamps for fast food.

And speaking of food aid, it is funded in the US by the farm bill, renewed every five years. Congress is debating it right now. Lots of new restrictions are being proposed, but you're never going to hear anyone say we should stop letting snap recipients buy garbage food with their welfare money. The companies who peddle that bad food have made enough money to buy the politicians on both sides.
I've been reading about the FDA and food additives and pesticides in the US. It's scary shyt. We literally allow companies to peddle poison. In other countries there is more respect for food and diet. I was gonna start a thread about it but it would turn into some us vs. them thing.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've been reading about the FDA and food additives and pesticides in the US. It's scary shyt. We literally allow companies to peddle poison. In other countries there is more respect for food and diet. I was gonna start a thread about it but it would turn into some us vs. them thing.

The problem in the US is these companies try to make their foods look and taste "perfect" and will go to great lengths to do so for the consumers whereas in other countries they let food be food.

Also in the US they have this big thing about adding nutrients that they think are missing in most people's diets but this research is dreadfully out of date and likely very inaccurate now, but it still remains.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I like the name brand “natural” ones. It’s basically just peanuts, salt, palm oil, and a bit of sugar (only 2g per serving). It tastes fvcking delicious. The palm oil keeps that classic consistency of the standard hydrogenated oil peanut butter (the unhealthiest).