Ultra processed foods cause food addiction in people

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the name brand “natural” ones. It’s basically just peanuts, salt, palm oil, and a bit of sugar (only 2g per serving). It tastes fvcking delicious. The palm oil keeps that classic consistency of the standard hydrogenated oil peanut butter (the unhealthiest).
If you ever have to squat in a bunker to survive and only have one food...peanut butter is it. I can get a big jar for $6 that is 10,000 calories and live off of it for several days.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If you ever have to squat in a bunker to survive and only have one food...peanut butter is it. I can get a big jar for $6 that is 10,000 calories and live off of it for several days.
And it mixes great with lots of different things...

Chocolate...jelly...honey...bananas...bacon...

I am sure there are others I am missing.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I noticed the other day stocking up on rice and beans how cheap this shvt is. Less than $1 / lb. Cheap carbs and protein. @Bible_Belt is this the poverty diet?
That's not really protein...at least not in any amount that's going to be of use for building muscle.

Carbs yes, a little protein sure. Calling it protein? No.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
They aren’t like a steak or anything but beans are considered in the protein group, forming a complete protein with grains.
Basically a 1/2 cup of beans equates to one ounce of meat in terms of protein content.

So if you eat 6 ounces of chicken, you'd have to eat 3 cups of beans...and rice on top of that...good luck trying to get that down haha

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically a 1/2 cup of beans equates to one ounce of meat in terms of protein content.
Beans as a protein are combined with a grain, which also has protein. Granted, I’m not recommending it for bulking or for elite athletes. The average person, beans are nutritionally considered a protein.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Beans as a protein are combined with a grain, which also has protein. Granted, I’m not recommending it for bulking or for elite athletes. The average person, beans are nutritionally considered a protein.
True enough, for the average person not working out that would likely be good enough to meet most of their protein needs for the day.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All the new plant based “meats” are just isolated legume protein. Strips out the carbs and fiber. Pretty comparable to meat, though not in texture or taste.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been reading about the FDA and food additives and pesticides in the US. It's scary shyt. We literally allow companies to peddle poison. In other countries there is more respect for food and diet. I was gonna start a thread about it but it would turn into some us vs. them thing.

Yet you, and me ,and all of us are weak azz p00sies who allow huge companies to milk us dry in every way thinkable, from our housing to our dating apps to our food.

I'd believe that Quaker's higher management would rather import their own oatmeal from the UK..but sell it to yall dump f4cks in the states..

Same with all those fastfood companies. Y'all keep eating it anyway..

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yet you, and me ,and all of us are weak azz p00sies who allow huge companies to milk us dry in every way thinkable, from our housing to our dating apps to our food.

I'd believe that Quaker's higher management would rather import their own oatmeal from the UK..but sell it to yall dump f4cks in the states..

Same with all those fastfood companies. Y'all keep eating it anyway..
I haven't lived in the US in many years, but yeah, these food conglomerates cannot be trusted to care about your health.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I haven't lived in the US in many years, but yeah, these food conglomerates cannot be trusted to care about your health.
Crazy part is the same products in other countries have like half the ingredients. So fvcked up the US allows companies to fvck people's health with all this added garbage but at the end of the day it's what they want...more people needing to be on drugs for Big Pharma to profit from.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So fvcked up the US allows companies to fvck people's health with all this added garbage but at the end of the day it's what they want...more people needing to be on drugs for Big Pharma to profit from.
In countries with 'universal health care', a lot of medication are part of the basic insurance, so diabetics don't have to pay for their metformin/insulin, whereas in the US the pharmaceutical industry profits heavily from necessary medication.
So it's to their advantage that the bad news keeps people indoors and chained to their television, living in fear which makes them consume medication for anxiety disorders and diabetes, and keeps them sedentary to consume the garbage that people comfort themselves with.

Why is there high fructose corn syrup in everything?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
In countries with 'universal health care', a lot of medication are part of the basic insurance, so diabetics don't have to pay for their metformin/insulin, whereas in the US the pharmaceutical industry profits heavily from necessary medication.
So it's to their advantage that the bad news keeps people indoors and chained to their television, living in fear which makes them consume medication for anxiety disorders and diabetes, and keeps them sedentary to consume the garbage that people comfort themselves with.

Why is there high fructose corn syrup in everything?
In those countries it's just a problem of having to wait and wait and wait for many things, especially so called elective procedures, but when you are almost unable to walk from your hip being so bad that it starts dislocating when you are walking, is it really elective?

At that point it's a quality of life issue...they are telling you to fvck off and use a wheelchair and wait a year.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In those countries it's just a problem of having to wait and wait and wait for many things, especially so called elective procedures, but when you are almost unable to walk from your hip being so bad that it starts dislocating when you are walking, is it really elective?

At that point it's a quality of life issue...they are telling you to fvck off and use a wheelchair and wait a year.
You know all that from personal experience I take it?

Or do you get that misinformation from media who don't want the US to embrace universal health care?

American bitter at US healthcare.jpeg

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

That's sort of true where I live, but only if a person uses public health. On private insurance everything's taken care of promptly, and there are no copays or deductibles or lab fees or any of that sh*t. Just an (affordable) monthly premium. The public option is there for the poor and/or for emergencies/urgencies if necessary. Having lived under both systems I can say neither is perfect but the US system is garbage. As far as quality of life, IME it's much better here - the elderly are out and about, even into their 90s, not shut in and deteriorating.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You know all that from personal experience I take it?

Or do you get that misinformation from media who don't want the US to embrace universal health care?

View attachment 11145
I know that because of the number of Canadians that come down to pay out of their own pocket for health procedures here instead of waiting a year or more.

It's a LOT.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that because of the number of Canadians that come down to pay out of their own pocket for health procedures here instead of waiting a year or more.
Canadians.
Right.
Well, in that case, I stand corrected.