Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips on quitting smoking.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody managed to quit smoking nicotine? Used to be a heavy drinker and pot smoker. Managed to stop that sh1t but cigarettes seems kinda hard.

Anybody some advice on how to manage it?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take a break from women to limit potential aggravation. Lol.

DarwinTaurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit cold turkey about 2.5 years ago. Cigarettes started to become so expensive, that it was nearly a defacto wealthy mans habit. I haven't had a cigarette since, and I was smoking probably 2 packs of 25 every 3 days. I still smoke Weed occasionally, and I want to stop drinking as well. I had my last drink on my now departed Father's birthday, on the 9th June. Going to see how long I can keep that going, to help both financially, and with health.

Everyone is different, I guess it was will power for me. It wasn't my strongest vice, alcohol is. I could handle with ease, people smoking around me at the Pub, but unsure how I could handle going to Pubs sober, and not drinking. I've done it before, ie: Dry July, Ocsober (I never lasted the whole month though), hopefully I can again.

So, summing up, for cigarettes, it was willpower.

DoubleBarrel

Banned
Reaction score
The book "The Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently" by Allen Carr worked for all my friends many years ago.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I quit cold turkey 10 years ago and then started running 5K’s. I stopped running and started smoking again.
A few years ago I switched to vaping. Started at medium nic level and over time reduced it to zero. Now occasionally I still get the urge to put it in my mouth again. Sometimes I do, but it’s still set at zero nicotine.…

The urge will probably be with us forever, but we Can totally eliminate nicotine dependence …

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Volunteer at a hospital and see how COPD patients were almost all smokers. Take a look online at pictures of cancerous lungs, if that doesn’t do it I don’t know what will.

that said I understand I’m an ex-smoker and have a cigarette socially now and then..

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody managed to quit smoking nicotine? Used to be a heavy drinker and pot smoker. Managed to stop that sh1t but cigarettes seems kinda hard.

Anybody some advice on how to manage it?
I never smoked. 1st self help book i read was Anthony Robbins. He had stuff on nlp and others. Essentially, to pattern interrupted smoking, you need to associate enough brain with smoking to break the habit.

Funny story. I took a puff as a teen. 8 wanted food. Friend bought my food but dared me to inhale 1x. I coughed my ass off and puked my guts out. Full on green face. Projectile vomiting. Absolutely rubbish.

I cannot fathom it. Would rate a 10 far lower if she smokes. I find it repulsive.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tobacco increases your T Levels naturally. That’s why all your badass heroes from the past have a cigarette dangling out of their mouth.

And by the way dude. Stop trying to live forever. If you enjoy smoking then do it I say. It triggers woke people too “heeeeey you’re gona get caaaaancer” lol. Shrug like a badboy and blow a smoke ring
Haha you always have a unexpected POV on subjects.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I smoked for something like 15 years and quit cold turkey when I realized I could smoke a pack a day. I always knew I would have to quit at some point, and it seemed the best time to do it. I've tried smoking since the smell of even an unsmoked cigarette makes me want to puke. I will still smoke a cigar every now and then though.

You can try a guided trip with shrooms. I think the success rate after one session is 86%.

Reaction score
It's easy. Just suddenly stop buying cigarette packs. I don't believe in the "taking it step by step" way. If you do a relapse, ok smoke one or two cigarettes then take the rest of the pack, put water inside it from the loo, tear down the cigarettes and put them in the bin. That way you won't be tempted again.

Not sure why Beta males have issues with quitting cigarettes.

dimitris

Reaction score
Hello, it's more of psychological factor, it's a decision to be made suddenly you have to be determined for it.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's easy. Just suddenly stop buying cigarette packs. I don't believe in the "taking it step by step" way. If you do a relapse, ok smoke one or two cigarettes then take the rest of the pack, put water inside it from the loo, tear down the cigarettes and put them in the bin. That way you won't be tempted again.

Not sure why Beta males have issues with quitting cigarettes.
I like your advice ,but that last sentence is a unnecessary kick .

You are a self proclaimed alpha man yet you go to Asia on a s3x vacation and have this weird fascination with height. Real alphas don't need to go on s3x vacations imo, they get it everywhere they go.

I still think you are here to troll, haven't figured it out yet. Be humble and stick to the topic bro.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find some Dutch masters menthol mini cigars and smoke all you want, I dare you. Limit yourself to them and you will have to quit, because they are that disgusting.

Reaction score
I like your advice ,but that last sentence is a unnecessary kick .

You are a self proclaimed alpha man yet you go to Asia on a s3x vacation and have this weird fascination with height. Real alphas don't need to go on s3x vacations imo, they get it everywhere they go.

I still think you are here to troll, haven't figured it out yet. Be humble and stick to the topic bro.
I'm posting really good advice about dating apps. All the infos are in my threads. As for height, someone needed to create a proper datasheet since many people seem clueless that it's an important factor. Hell, a forum member created a thread about dating only low value women. I made him admit that they were all short.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Volunteer at a hospital and see how COPD patients were almost all smokers. Take a look online at pictures of cancerous lungs, if that doesn’t do it I don’t know what will.

that said I understand I’m an ex-smoker and have a cigarette socially now and then..
That’s not how the psychology of smoking works

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man. I smoked for about 2 years, 10 cigarettes a day or so. I quit, haven't smoked for about 12 years. Had a cigarette in my mouth with a girl some months ago, didn't inhale.

What was significant for me I think was a journal. I wrote the date, and then "Didn't smoke." It became a competition for me, to be able to write that line every evening before sleep. After a while it got boring, it was pointless, I got it.

I think it can be good to look at the psychology with smoking, and for oneself. For those addicted, it likely can be a defence mechanism. In your case, against what? Why did you smoke? What/when caused you to smoke? For me it was probably some kind of nervousness.

Also, feeling good because of smoking is a bit meh. It's like paying for sex or cheating on an exam or so. Not a win. Or feeling good because of being drunk. Well, I do drink (though these days I don't feel like feeling).

Regarding @Pan87's comment: A smoke once in a while is not that bad in my opinion. It's just typically darn hard to keep it at that level -- the next day you wake up with that pack of smoke in the pocket and on it goes. I just have a zero-policy because it's easy and requires the least energy -- at the cost of, indeed, looking cool with that smoke or whatever. I agree it's a bit cringe to be some conformist, health freak moma-boy, but being some worn-out "rocker" is also. I was a young lost boy at a tango place in a city once, and one of the seniors grabbed a smoke with me. He used to smoke, got anxiety from it nowadays. But did it in order to bond with this lad, I think. Now that's a good reason to grab a smoke.

Maybe his method can be discussed.

I used to run to/workout when I quit, mostly do strength these days. Guess all distractions and replacements are good in principle.

Last edited:
M

member160292

I smoked for years since 17. In 2013 I switched to vaping. I started off at 12mg, then cut it down to 9mg and eventually down to 0mg. At that point it was more of a mental habit and quit (though I was on 0mg for a year)

And if you vape, please use unflavored juice