Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips on Getting Shredded in Real Life?

Gstring

Banned
Reaction score
have a glass of water before every meal
Umm. Try a glass of hot tea - maybe no sugar if you're that hardcore.
A)_ glass of hot water in the morning helps your metabolism.
B)_ glass of hot water after meal, helps your metabolism and melts fats.

Essentially, you're having glass of hot water, but you make it a tea so that it's more fun. Any kind of tea you want.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just finished Grant Cardones, 10x rule. Highly recommend. If you haven't read it, pm me your phone # and I believe audible let's me send it to you for free.

Yeah man. Reading is key. It makes people more interesting. Did you know CEOs read on average 60 books a year?
For sure man! I’ll PM you. I try to read a book every 2 weeks. Audiobooks let me get the time in.

By the way, I like how you put steaks on your list of foods. Have you had this experience? I realize that fatty meats(like ground chuck, for instance) are higher in calories. But, I’m more full and satisfied eating them. Like I’m more full eating 300-400 calories of ground chuck than 600 calories of ground turkey.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For sure man! I’ll PM you. I try to read a book every 2 weeks. Audiobooks let me get the time in.

By the way, I like how you put steaks on your list of foods. Have you had this experience? I realize that fatty meats(like ground chuck, for instance) are higher in calories. But, I’m more full and satisfied eating them. Like I’m more full eating 300-400 calories of ground chuck than 600 calories of ground turkey.
Salmon is quite fatty and usually has twice as many calories as lean cuts of most meat. Steak is ok in moderation and the lean cuts are healthy. Fatty cuts of steak is still probably not the best thing to indulge in though.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Salmon is quite fatty and usually has twice as many calories as lean cuts of most meat. Steak is ok in moderation and the lean cuts are healthy. Fatty cuts of steak is still probably not the best thing to indulge in though.
I know a lot of bodybuilders gravitate towards salmon and tilapia. I never really had those as staples in my diet though, honestly. Maybe I'll incorporate them more.

I just purchased some ground lamb and ground bison from Publix today. So this'll be really interesting. I plan to eat it with my usual vegetable blend: corn, peas, carrots, and potatoes. Can't wait.

Sidenote, I also know that you need to weigh the meat raw instead of cooked so that your tracking isn't off.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Graciously decline. You have goals to meet right?
I took your advice yesterday. Was shooting some pool yesterday and having some drinks with friends. I knew that I could only have 5 shots, any more would push me into a caloric surplus. So I graciously declined after that 5th shot. It felt really weird(since I'm supposed to be playing the super fun party guy or whatever), but I was able to hit my deficit. I had 800 calories left, meaning I'll get leaner.

Now I just have to keep doing this until all the weight is gone.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I took your advice yesterday. Was shooting some pool yesterday and having some drinks with friends. I knew that I could only have 5 shots, any more would push me into a caloric surplus. So I graciously declined after that 5th shot. It felt really weird(since I'm supposed to be playing the super fun party guy or whatever), but I was able to hit my deficit. I had 800 calories left, meaning I'll get leaner.

Learn to love vodka seltzers. Lowest calorie drink that I'm aware of. Liquor still has calories -- however, at 5+ drinks, the concern is more with damaging your liver, tanking your testosterone, and the premature aging of your skin, not so much the surplus calories.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ONLY 5 shots because you believe that would be acceptable to someone else’s false image of you? How many would you have had if you drank as usual? How many would you have had if you knew they didn’t care if you had 0 or 20? What it they really didn’t care? What would you do then? Why don’t you do that anyway????

It would serve you well to learn to care less about what other people think of you. You are teaching yourself to seek validation from others to determine your value. Dangerous set up. It can lead to a life seeking approval of others and never truly satisfying your own personal goals and desires. You are already headed down that path. You are 24. Course correct now or you’ll end up looking back someday up wishing you would have.

Life goes fast. Best to live the life you want for yourself. Easy to lose yourself chasing approval from others.

Last edited:

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I've actually never really counted calories. In kind of too lazy!

One of the best books I read and the easiest plan for me to maintain for the last 10 or so years is Body for Life. I just loosely eat about 5 to 6 small meals/snacks a day. Handful sized portions of carbs per meal and handful sized portion of protein per meal/snack. It sounds like a lot but it really isnt..

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Liquor hinders muscle protein synthesis, drops testosterone, messes up recovery with less REM slesp.

Overall it's not the calories in the liquor that fvck it up, it's the hormonal and recovery effects+bingeing on stuff on it.

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol is your enemy in weight loss.
Restaurants are your enemies too.
Lack of self control is the biggest enemy of all.

Build a diet, stick up with it, don't break it. I know it's the worst and hardest part, but your body and brain take about 28 days to get used to a new situation, so push yourself to stay on track for at least 28 days, the rest will be easier.

And unless you're going to a competition, there's no why getting under 10-12% of BF. It's too much hard work keeping it, you won't be enjoying your body, you'll be stressed because of the diet, feel moody, feel like ****. You'll also notice that it will be way harder for you to grow your muscles (and way easier to lose them) because the lower your BF gets, the more restrictive your diet has to be. I personally am a Endomorph, so for me anything between 12-16% is perfect. Not so hard to mantain, I can still grow muscles. I'm currently with 26% BF after a pretty dirty bulk because I freak out after losing some good kg of muscles while I was in the Army. It's a hard way till 16%, but nothing that I can't do with some self control and good mindset.

Stay strong.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven’t seen anyone recommend intermittent fasting, but it’s been hugely helpful for me. Been doing a 4 hour window for like 9 years and it’s helped me stay lean even when my diet was trash and I wasn’t working out regularly. I do make rare exceptions for social occasions. I also think a little bit of hunger helps you unlock more of your physical and mental resources.

Also, cut back on the alcohol bro. You can be the fun party guy sober. It’s just frame control. People only drink because they’re too pvssy to deal with their own thoughts/emotions and to give themselves permission to be who they want to be. If someone rags on you for it it’s just another sh1t test. I just tell people that when sh1t pops off I want to be the most sober person in the room—which is true, I’ve seen stuff go down and have lost a few friends to nightlife violence. If I’m gaming mixed sets I want to be fully aware if some salty dude is getting heated or there’s a situation that needs to be diffused. Plus, by the time you hit your late twenties those hangovers hit different.

As far as lifting, superset everything and minimize breaks in between sets. You won’t be able to go as heavy so probably not ideal if you’re just starting out, but you get more bang for your buck and get your heart rate up. Being able to get in and out of the gym in under an hour is a huge benefit when you’re trying to balance fitness with work and a full social life.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learn to love vodka seltzers. Lowest calorie drink that I'm aware of. Liquor still has calories -- however, at 5+ drinks, the concern is more with damaging your liver, tanking your testosterone, and the premature aging of your skin, not so much the surplus calories.
Yeah I drink those all the time. In the “Aggressive Fat Loss: Guide to Drinking” by Kinobody, he says that when you drink, all the calories should come from the liquor itself. If you’re getting calories from sugary mixers, you’re fvcking up.

So he recommends vodka sodas, or a Jack and Diet Coke. Greg Doucette always recommends Diet Coke so I opt towards that.

I know there’s probably no baseline, but what’s the max amount of drinks you would say before it starts negatively impacting your test?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ONLY 5 shots because you believe that would be acceptable to someone else’s false image of you? How many would you have had if you drank as usual? How many would you have had if you knew they didn’t care if you had 0 or 20? What it they really didn’t care? What would you do then? Why don’t you do that anyway????

It would serve you well to learn to care less about what other people think of you. You are teaching yourself to seek validation from others to determine your value. Dangerous set up. It can lead to a life seeking approval of others and never truly satisfying your own personal goals and desires. You are already headed down that path. You are 24. Course correct now or you’ll end up looking back someday up wishing you would have.

Life goes fast. Best to live the life you want for yourself. Easy to lose yourself chasing approval from others.
How much I drink usually... honestly I usually decide that based on how many calories I have left for the day lol.

I think for me, 5 is a decently standard amount. I’d usually like 4-6 shots over the course of a night. So that’s right in the middle.

I had a few more calories to play with over that night due to being super active that day.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How much I drink usually... honestly I usually decide that based on how many calories I have left for the day lol.

I think for me, 5 is a decently standard amount. I’d usually like 4-6 shots over the course of a night. So that’s right in the middle.

I had a few more calories to play with over that night due to being super active that day.
Standard is 2. You should stick to two drinks when socializing. Alcohol is poison. If it’s a special life time event like your buddy’s wedding or bachelor party ball out that one night.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alcohol is your enemy in weight loss.
Restaurants are your enemies too.
Lack of self control is the biggest enemy of all.

Build a diet, stick up with it, don't break it. I know it's the worst and hardest part, but your body and brain take about 28 days to get used to a new situation, so push yourself to stay on track for at least 28 days, the rest will be easier.

And unless you're going to a competition, there's no why getting under 10-12% of BF. It's too much hard work keeping it, you won't be enjoying your body, you'll be stressed because of the diet, feel moody, feel like ****. You'll also notice that it will be way harder for you to grow your muscles (and way easier to lose them) because the lower your BF gets, the more restrictive your diet has to be. I personally am a Endomorph, so for me anything between 12-16% is perfect. Not so hard to mantain, I can still grow muscles. I'm currently with 26% BF after a pretty dirty bulk because I freak out after losing some good kg of muscles while I was in the Army. It's a hard way till 16%, but nothing that I can't do with some self control and good mindset.

Stay strong.
I don’t really have any aspirations to compete. Maybe one day. It would be pretty cool. But I need to get reasonably lean first lol.

I was fixated on single digit bodyfat because I see so many people pushing it as the holy grail of aesthetics. I just want aesthetics tbh lol.

But honestly, my life would be wayyy less stressful if all I had to maintain was 10-15% bodyfat.

Am I considered “beach lean” in that range?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven’t seen anyone recommend intermittent fasting, but it’s been hugely helpful for me. Been doing a 4 hour window for like 9 years and it’s helped me stay lean even when my diet was trash and I wasn’t working out regularly. I do make rare exceptions for social occasions. I also think a little bit of hunger helps you unlock more of your physical and mental resources.

Also, cut back on the alcohol bro. You can be the fun party guy sober. It’s just frame control. People only drink because they’re too pvssy to deal with their own thoughts/emotions and to give themselves permission to be who they want to be. If someone rags on you for it it’s just another sh1t test. I just tell people that when sh1t pops off I want to be the most sober person in the room—which is true, I’ve seen stuff go down and have lost a few friends to nightlife violence. If I’m gaming mixed sets I want to be fully aware if some salty dude is getting heated or there’s a situation that needs to be diffused. Plus, by the time you hit your late twenties those hangovers hit different.

As far as lifting, superset everything and minimize breaks in between sets. You won’t be able to go as heavy so probably not ideal if you’re just starting out, but you get more bang for your buck and get your heart rate up. Being able to get in and out of the gym in under an hour is a huge benefit when you’re trying to balance fitness with work and a full social life.
Oh dude... I fvcking love Intermittent Fasting. It’s one of the things Kinobody pushes. I eat 2 big meals nowadays instead of 5 small ones. I find it so much more enjoyable, and easier to stick to the diet. I’m never going back lol. I’m on 16-8.

Yeah the alcohol definitely isn’t conducive for the gains. When I don’t want to drink anymore, I drink a lot of sparkling water.

I’ve experimented with some supersets. It definitely cuts down on gym time. Even more helpful since I lift three times a week.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Standard is 2. You should stick to two drinks when socializing. Alcohol is poison. If it’s a special life time event like your buddy’s wedding or bachelor party ball out that one night.
Ok so there is a standard! I thought it would vary based on height and weight.

Honestly, the most troubling thing for me about it is it reducing my muscle protein synthesis.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5 drinks per outing is doing a lot more to your liver than any reduction in muscle protein synthesis
Oh man... I have friends in college who literally drink an entire bottle of alcohol every single day. No exaggeration. How are they still alive right now? That makes me a bit worried

Bandolero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Find friends who share your goals too.
After that. This thread should have been closed. Cut out the Bull**** until you reach your goal and then maintain it. It's a lot easier to maintain than getting there. Oh 6000kcal and single digit, especially with alcohol , forget it.