Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tips on Getting Shredded in Real Life?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys! I’ve been following the Kinobody programs, and I’ve been working hard on getting shredded. Been able to lose 5% bodyfat so far.
I know that being fat or out of shape is nowhere near optimal for attracting women. So I want to get down to single digit bodyfat.

However, I can’t lose another pound. The reason for this is all the social situations: the binge drinking and eating out at restaurants that my friends always want to do. I actually have great adherence to my normal diet because I do intermittent fasting and flexible eating. My diet is flexible as hell.

However, life happens: my friends want to binge drink nearly every day and eat out a lot too. I tracked my calories one of these days out of curiosity. It came out to 6000! That is ludicrous. I’ll never lose weight like that.

How do you all deal with this, SS family? I’m starting to think maybe I just need to train myself into a super athlete so I can burn off all these calories.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can never out train a bad diet.

Think I can comment on this one, lost over 25+% body fat ~ 100 lbs.

Currently at 17%, still going strong.

This is what I did:

- Download myfitnesspal
- Calculate your TDEE (use sedentary setting)
- Subtract 100 calories
- Track everything you eat(that includes ketchup)
- See how the weighing scale moves

Tips:
- have a glass of water before every meal
- have a full plate of vegetables before every meal (no dressings or salt)
- complex carbs instead of simple ones
- focus on building muscle tissue instead of cardio
- experiment with caffeine cycling
- omega 3, multi vitamins, probiotics help during a deficit due to lack of complete nutrients.
- better to cut out carbs than healthy fats
- increase the calorie deficit by 100 when you reach a plateau
- use cardio as a tool to keep a deficit and eat slightly more
-always get back on the wagon when you fall off (real test)

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been single digits and there was no binging. You can hover around 15 percent and maintain that with binging if your still doing cardio and eating right most of the time.

To be honest I got way more attention from girls when I was in the 13-15 percent range. You look muscular and in awesome shape... you maintain your size.

I got down to 8 percent and looked skinny.. when my shirt came off I was shredded but how often do you walk around with your shirt off. Plus I felt like crap... my sex drive didn’t exist and I was moody as hell!

if you want single digits it’s keeping yourself in a caloric deficit and trying not to stall your metabolism. My advice is get yourself in the 15 percent range first and enjoy life... maintain that... and if your going to the beach diet and cardio up... get down is few more percentage points.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can never out train a bad diet.

Think I can comment on this one, lost over 25+% body fat ~ 100 lbs.

Currently at 17%, still going strong.

This is what I did:

- Download myfitnesspal
- Calculate your TDEE (use sedentary setting)
- Subtract 100 calories
- Track everything you eat(that includes ketchup)
- See how the weighing scale moves

Tips:
- have a glass of water before every meal
- have a full plate of vegetables before every meal (no dressings or salt)
- complex carbs instead of simple ones
- focus on building muscle tissue instead of cardio
- experiment with caffeine cycling
- omega 3, multi vitamins, probiotics help during a deficit due to lack of complete nutrients.
- better to cut out carbs than healthy fats
- increase the calorie deficit by 100 when you reach a plateau
- use cardio as a tool to keep a deficit and eat slightly more
-always get back on the wagon when you fall off (real test)
Yeah MyFitnessPal is frigging amazing. I used to track by hand... but this makes it so easy.

I track the same way. Putting my activity level at sedentary. I run for my cardio, and I use Adidas Running. I then add in cardio calories burned back. This works because I could do drastically different amounts of cardio each day, depending on how busy I am.

What kind of vegetables do you like? I personally enjoy spinach, and the canned kind with corn, carrots, potatoes, and peas.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been single digits and there was no binging. You can hover around 15 percent and maintain that with binging if your still doing cardio and eating right most of the time.

To be honest I got way more attention from girls when I was in the 13-15 percent range. You look muscular and in awesome shape... you maintain your size.

I got down to 8 percent and looked skinny.. when my shirt came off I was shredded but how often do you walk around with your shirt off. Plus I felt like crap... my sex drive didn’t exist and I was moody as hell!

if you want single digits it’s keeping yourself in a caloric deficit and trying not to stall your metabolism. My advice is get yourself in the 15 percent range first and enjoy life... maintain that... and if your going to the beach diet and cardio up... get down is few more percentage points.
Yeah that's what I'm worried about regarding cutting down to single digit bodyfat. Looking small in a shirt, and having no energy or sex drive.

You're tempting me to just go for that 13-15! I'd feel a lot less stressed about my life if I just had to cut down to there. I want to look big, imposing, and masculine in a shirt as well.

How was your ab definition at 13-15? Did you have a visible six pack?

Last edited:

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I'm worried about regarding cutting down to single digit bodyfat. Looking small in a shirt, and having no energy or sex drive.

You're tempting me to just go for that 13-15! I'd feel a lot less stressed about my life if I just had to cut down to there. I want to look big, imposing, and masculine in a shirt as well.

How was your ab definition at 13-15? Did you have a visible six pack?
Around 15 percent is when I have visible abs and decent vascularity. I feel awesome and can still gain strength while working out. I
Here is a great article.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah MyFitnessPal is frigging amazing. I used to track by hand... but this makes it so easy.

I track the same way. Putting my activity level at sedentary. I run for my cardio, and I use Adidas Running. I then add in cardio calories burned back. This works because I could do drastically different amounts of cardio each day, depending on how busy I am.

What kind of vegetables do you like? I personally enjoy spinach, and the canned kind with corn, carrots, potatoes, and peas.
Tracking cardio is great, I've been meaning to use a Fitbit for that but haven't decided if it's worthwhile.

I'd add, it's better to train for strength/hypertrophy first then add cardio if you have energy left.

1g/protein/lb of body weight puts me around 200 g protein a day.

5 meals x 40 grams protein

With each meal I eat around twice the weight in veggies and 20-30 grams fat, no carbs.

Lettuce, bell peppers, onions, zucchini, brocolli are my staples.

I cook and prep all my meals. No exceptions. That includes "cheat" or refeed meals.

Every 6 months I go on a reverse diet for a month and eat at maintenance, by adding starchy complex carbs.

Then go back to the same schedule.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tracking cardio is great, I've been meaning to use a Fitbit for that but haven't decided if it's worthwhile.

I'd add, it's better to train for strength/hypertrophy first then add cardio if you have energy left.

1g/protein/lb of body weight puts me around 200 g protein a day.

5 meals x 40 grams protein

With each meal I eat around twice the weight in veggies and 20-30 grams fat, no carbs.

Lettuce, bell peppers, onions, zucchini, brocolli are my staples.

I cook and prep all my meals. No exceptions. That includes "cheat" or refeed meals.

Every 6 months I go on a reverse diet for a month and eat at maintenance, by adding starchy complex carbs.

Then go back to the same schedule.
Yeah I love fitness trackers. I’m the kind of guy that wants to see the numbers behind everything, whether it’s my BF% going down(I use a scale to track it), how many calories I’m eating, or how many calories I’m burning in my workouts.

I just use the Adidas Running app, but I also have an Apple Watch. Those are nice if Apple is your thing. I hear Fitbits are pretty good too.

For lifting, I do Stronglifts 5x5. My ultimate athletic dream is to be somewhere in between a power lifter and distance athlete. I realize those are opposing goals. But I want the best of both worlds.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to box as an amateur. In my opinion, boxers body is ideal. Very athletic look. At 37 I dont spar anymore but I still stay in boxing shape by doing a boxing routine. I still do roadwork every morning 6 days a week. Here's what I do.

Abs
- 15 minutes of ab work daily 6 days a week

Cardio mornings
- daily run 3 miles while listening to a book or jump rope for 30 minutes straight (gets you in exceptional condition)

Muscle building in the afternoon
-weights 3x week 5x5 bench, military press
Squats, deadlifts, 200 pullups, 30 minutes heavybag (cardio too).

Main staples in diet
Steak
Eggs
Tuna
Brown rice
Whey protein
Potatoes
Greek yogurt
Shakes with kale and spinach

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Naturally it is virtually impossible to be “shredded.” However, as other posters have said the 8-15% range is achievable, desirable, and aesthetic. It’s mostly diet. Stop drinking. Cut curbs out. Drink only water, tea, and coffee.
Tips on what to do when your friends offer you drinks, or cook you a bunch of high calorie dense foods/snacks? Or want to eat where it’s tough to eat low calorie. EASILY the biggest issue towards me getting shredded(the social drinking being the biggest issue.) I calculate my deficit but when this stuff happens(often) I’m knocked into a big surplus.

idk. Sometimes I feel like all people do is eat sh*tty junk food and binge drink. Makes it soooooo difficult to stay in a caloric deficit.

8-15% does seem to be desirable based on this conversation. Vitruvian Physique says that 10-12% will make you look like an Abercrombie model.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to box as an amateur. In my opinion, boxers body is ideal. Very athletic look. At 37 I dont spar anymore but I still stay in boxing shape by doing a boxing routine. I still do roadwork every morning 6 days a week. Here's what I do.

Abs
- 15 minutes of ab work daily 6 days a week

Cardio mornings
- daily run 3 miles while listening to a book or jump rope for 30 minutes straight (gets you in exceptional condition)

Muscle building in the afternoon
-weights 3x week 5x5 bench, military press
Squats, deadlifts, 200 pullups, 30 minutes heavybag (cardio too).

Main staples in diet
Steak
Eggs
Tuna
Brown rice
Whey protein
Potatoes
Greek yogurt
Shakes with kale and spinach
I love cardio and audiobooks. It’s my absolute favorite thing in the world. It passes the time so quick. What are you reading these days?

Thats a great list of “clean” foods too.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tips on what to do when your friends offer you drinks, or cook you a bunch of high calorie dense foods/snacks? Or want to eat where it’s tough to eat low calorie. EASILY the biggest issue towards me getting shredded(the social drinking being the biggest issue.) I calculate my deficit but when this stuff happens(often) I’m knocked into a big surplus.
Graciously decline. You have goals to meet right?

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

idk. Sometimes I feel like all people do is eat sh*tty junk food and binge drink. Makes it soooooo difficult to stay in a caloric deficit.

8-15% does seem to be desirable based on this conversation. Vitruvian Physique says that 10-12% will make you look like an Abercrombie model.
Find friends who share your goals too.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love cardio and audiobooks. It’s my absolute favorite thing in the world. It passes the time so quick. What are you reading these days?

I just finished Grant Cardones, 10x rule. Highly recommend. If you haven't read it, pm me your phone # and I believe audible let's me send it to you for free.

Yeah man. Reading is key. It makes people more interesting. Did you know CEOs read on average 60 books a year?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Tips? It's called making a choice. What do you want? The body or the fun?

Personally, I'd just go out with them once or twice and week and eat/drink whatever you want, rather than every day. Trade the second day for an extra hard workout on another day. Who wants to hang out with the same people every day anyway? You should have more going on in your life from your work/purpose alone.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I like listening to exercise and diet literature prior to training. Then I listen to game literature while training.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
...I want to get down to single digit bodyfat.

However, I can’t lose another pound. The reason for this is all the social situations: the binge drinking and eating out at restaurants that my friends always want to do.... I’ll never lose weight like that.

How do you all deal with this, SS family?
You answered your own question. You know exactly how to deal with it.