Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

THIS REALLY WORKS

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This reminds me of Radiohead's song: "Fitter, Happier."

Levity aside, it looks like it's worth a go. But I'll skip the light jazz. And I really don't know any *positive* thing that would give *90 minutes* a day for this -- at least not for a while. A shorter tape for a longer time, perhaps?

[This message has been edited by Bonhomme (edited 08-22-2002).]

LMJamie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by the_gunslinger:
any chance of someone making a downloadable WAV or MP3 file for us who dont have such a thing as a recordable Tape player
I think the idea is that it is your voice that is giving yourself positive affirmations. Having someone else's voice saying all that stuff will make it sound like it's directed towards someone else.

Just record it on a mike through your pc if you don't have a tape player.

Any suggestions for background music mp3s or sounds that work well (someone mentioned the sound of waves is good). How about dune-prophecy theme (brian ego)?

[This message has been edited by LMJamie (edited 08-22-2002).]

dead_romeo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For the people requesting cool backgrounds/sound effects check the link up top in my previous post, this program has some nice backgrounds and can dump the output to a .wav file on your HD that you can later convert to mp3 and burn it on a CD if you want.

------------------
"Conclusions arrived at through reasoning have very little or no influence in altering the course of our lives. Hence, the countless examples of people who have the clearest convictions and yet act diametrically against them time and time again; and have as the only explanation for their behavior the idea that to err is human." Carlos Castaneda - The Fire From Within

"It is the responsibility of the strong to help the weak become strong" - Harlan Ellison

el guapo

Reaction score
does this only work when you concentrate on the words or can you do other things ( reading the forum) while listening to the tape and sort of not listen to what i am saying ?

HavierLopez

Don Juan
Reaction score
for you guys with the motorola v60, and whatever other cell that might have it, they have a built in voice recorder. Just use that to record, and a pair of headphones to listen, and you can listen anywhere. Just a thought

DJ Steel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm good enough
I'm smart enough.
And gosh darn it people like me.

HAHA

-----------------
Enjoy life, theres plenty of time to be dead.

Shadow Dancer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Affirmations by theirself do NOT work. It's just a bunch of babble and a waste of your time. You can't just repeat a line and think that you're life will manifest itself in that way. Life doesn't work like that.

For affirmations to work, you have to BELIEVE them. You have to FEEL them. If you say, "I am the biggest pimp there is." but don't actually, TRULY believe it, it don't mean shiet. You've got to actually feel it it. You've got to actually BELIEVE it. It's got to be to the point where it's not even a question. It's just who you are.

Also, note that you will get very limited results if you project into the future. You need to live in the present. Example: If you say, "I will make a million dollars within five years" you ain't gonna get jack. Now if you say, "I AM a millionaire. I'm making money with every second that passes." and you actually feel, believe it and continue in this way...well then my friends, it WILL come true. Your outer world is a direct reflection of your inner world. To change anything external you must come to understand and change the internal. Once you do, your "outside" will manifest to align with who you are on the inside.

Word.

------------------
I danced till midnight when the sky turned black,
It is hard to dance with the Devil on your back.
They buried my body and thought I'd gone,
But I am the dance and I still go on.

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i was jus wonderin if i try to do it a diff way.. like if i record it with a mic onto the computer and change it to mp3 form and burn it onto a cd. and that means it might not be 90 minutes, and i also probly wouldnt be able to play a jazz cd unless i get an extra cd player and find some jazz music... will that make a difference.. i mean will it still work mentally for me(like change my personality and mind and whatnot..) with those complications?

Brian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer:

For affirmations to work, you have to BELIEVE them. You have to FEEL them. If you say, "I am the biggest pimp there is." but don't actually, TRULY believe it, it don't mean shiet. You've got to actually feel it it. You've got to actually BELIEVE it. It's got to be to the point where it's not even a question. It's just who you are.

This is extremely important and I agree 100%. In order for affirmations to work they must be backed by emotion. Otherwise, after a while, your brain will just tune it out. If you attach emotion to the statements your brain will be 1000x's more likely to remember, and act, on them.

The best way to do this is the way that De La Soul does... in front of the mirror. And don't just say them; feel them and believe them.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
damn...everyone says it works...
i thought it was kinda...uhh...ridiculous...but...
IT MUST WORK!!

I WILL START TRYING IT!

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do u really have to use a recording device and listen to it? or can u just...get up every morning and say the list to urself in the mirror a few times?

tome4_DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by oOh Nasty:
do u really have to use a recording device and listen to it? or can u just...get up every morning and say the list to urself in the mirror a few times?
Yeah you just have to hear it over and over, but you have to say it confidently and you also have to really belive it when you say it to see resolts.

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I just started this stuff yesterday, saying this stuff w/ conviction and true belief ... and I already feel myself feeling better about life and myself. Good stuff

jive

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Affirmations by theirself do NOT work. It's just a bunch of babble and a waste of your time. You can't just repeat a line and think that you're life will manifest itself in that way. Life doesn't work like that.
I dont understand how it works if u listen to it during sleep if this is so

Ragnar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you want to be more confident you don't need an affirmation just act as if you already are.

If you want to be a millionaire just act as if you already are one and by your actions you will receive what is your due.

Affirmations do work. But the easier way is to trick yourself into believing that you already are what you want to become.

Just pretend and guess what you will automatically become.

This is from the famous psycologist William James it's called the "Act as if" principle. Why wait for the affirmations to work when you can automatically act as if you are happy, sexy, good looking, rich, charismatic etcc....

Try it!

stuartSan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still like psychological posts like these. Very mysterious/mystical. Bump from me.