Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Think i am starting to lose interest in life

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About 2 years ago i ended a 4 year LTR because i wanted too try and become this multimillionaire high flying businessman

I feel this archetype is often sold to young men as the pinnacle of existence

So i ended the relationship I moved city , expanded my side hustle and really pushed myself out of my comfort zone

Fast forward to today and i don't know i feel kind of lost , in the last year i have started to realise that money and status don't really bring that much happiness they just allow a certain level of freedom and autonomy which is nice but pretty useless when everyone else is willingly involved in the "matrix"

i place very little value in materialistic goods and i am finding the majority of people i meet are very empty and are usually obsessed with their "image" or body and seem to be very easily swayed by whatever the latest widespread hysteria is

( COVID , LGBT , BLM , Ukraine war , Inflation )..... to name a few plot lines in the last couple of years

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also lost all interest in alcohol and partying i did use this as my outlet in my 20's but now i am tired of it and also feel its changed quite a lot in the last few years if i got out now i feel like i am forcing myself out

I did try going to church for a bit , some of it did make sense and there were some nice people there

but i was also starting to get some cult like vibes so i don't go very much anymore

I get most of my enjoyment now from hiking and interacting with any animals i see on my travels , unfortunately we are in the heart of the winter in the UK and obviously i can't get out much

I am starting to wonder is this it ? it seems like nearly everyone on the planet is chasing a never ending pit of money / debt and how many "things" can i buy with my money

How do people cope with the banality of life ?

I often wondered whilst i was younger why so many people had children given the amount of time and resources they consume , now i am starting to understand there actually isn't a great deal else to do :rofl:

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post

The trick is to love people but to not need them

Also another important thing is not to judge people , and just leave them be ( hence why you have to love them , as without this you can not actually do it ) . Why would you want to open their eyes and see all the misery you see ? It is not nice

Money is good as it gives you liberty to pursue stuff that you like , but that”s about it

In terms of children , the main reason on why we are here is to replicate and ensure the continuation of the specie through natural selection , that usually comes from hard times . We are close to that point now

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks !

Good post
Also another important thing is not to judge people , and just leave them be ( hence why you have to love them , as without this you can not actually do it ) . Why would you want to open their eyes and see all the misery you see ? It is not nice
I'd argue it's not really misery it's just human existence

i would be hard pressed to believe anyone could go through life and not experience what i am talking about at least on some level wether they choose to actively ignore the writing on the wall is another question

I think the problems start when you all realise most of our troubles are all interconnected and traced back to a few core ideologies

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
About 2 years ago i ended a 4 year LTR because i wanted too try and become this multimillionaire high flying businessman

So i ended the relationship I moved city , expanded my side hustle and really pushed myself out of my comfort zone

Fast forward to today and i don't know i feel kind of lost , in the last year i have started to realise that money and status don't really bring that much happiness they just allow a certain level of freedom and autonomy which is nice but pretty useless when everyone else is willingly involved in the "matrix"

i place very little value in materialistic goods and i am finding the majority of people i meet are very empty and are usually obsessed with their "image" or body and seem to be very easily swayed by whatever the latest widespread hysteria is

( COVID , LGBT , BLM , Ukraine war , Inflation )..... to name a few plot lines in the last couple of years

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have also lost all interest in alcohol and partying i did use this as my outlet in my 20's but now i am tired of it and also feel its changed quite a lot in the last few years if i got out now i feel like i am forcing myself out

I did try going to church for a bit , some of it did make sense and there were some nice people there

but i was also starting to get some cult like vibes so i don't go very much anymore

I get most of my enjoyment now from hiking and interacting with any animals i see on my travels , unfortunately we are in the heart of the winter in the UK and obviously i can't get out much

I am starting to wonder is this it ? it seems like nearly everyone on the planet is chasing a never ending pit of money / debt and how many "things" can i buy with my money

I often wondered whilst i was younger why so many people had children given the amount of time and resources they consume , now i am starting to understand there actually isn't a great deal else to do :rofl:
A loaded post.You need to realize,that most people have lost sight of what’s truly important in life.They fail to understand that there’s nothing more human than realizing that there’s a lot more to life than being born,existing,surviving,reproducing and dying.

When I was a kid, I used to look at all the adults and,even then, I instinctively recognized that they weren’t really happy.I never knew why.But now I understand,that somewhere along the way they compromised who they were simply to get along.

Somewhere along the way,they became listless,lifeless.Bots,NPCs.

Most people lack a fundamental understanding of two things,who they are and why they’re here.They spend their lives being told by people who don’t really know them who they are and what they should care about.

And before they know it,they’re listless too.Just existing,going through the motions of life instead of really experiencing life.

The first thing you need to do,beyond and above everything, is figure out who YOU are and what you’re about.Then figure out why you’re here.What you were meant to do,who you were meant to be.

Just like that,life for you takes on a new meaning.It’s true meaning.In pursuit of your purpose,you experience life in it’s fullest,most rewarding form.

Most people,however,are lost.Simply going through the motions.Most people tiptoe through life in order to make it to death safely.

And they wonder why they’re so depressed.Look at the west,most people have no values,no principles and as a result it’s mostly morally decadent.Most people in the west also don’t believe in God.It’s not a coincidence.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Happiness is found by making the right decisions for yourself. No amount of money can help you make the right decisions, they can only open up more options to do so.

Some of the wealthiest people I have ever met are also some of the unhappiest.

Like anything else, accumulating a lot of money necessarily means you have likely neglected other areas of your life. Namely friends, family and relationships. Once you end up with enough money they take time to look around and nobody else is there. It can be a lonely existence.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
If money is no issue try helping those in need bro.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can relate, OP. I too sacrificed a few things to chase money such as relocating several times and losing friends/GFs along the way. Now that I'm making good money, I feel it's created a distance between me and the close friends I once had because they're having kids, money is real tight and they can't partake in the things I'd like for them to join me in. I'm also meeting shallow people who are only interested in swapping business cards. As much as I don't want to admit, but having a partner in life who you can share things with is really what it's all about. How are you doing in the dating scene?

Also, try setting another goal for yourself that's not financial. Things I've been doing that keep me happy is continually improving on myself, specifically in the fitness realm. So far I've lost 10 lbs and counting and I gotta say it feels great!

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that I'm making good money, I feel it's created a distance between me and the close friends I once had because they're having kids, money is real tight and they can't partake in the things I'd like for them to join me in.
You're a 30 something man who isn't permanently attached. 30 something men either unattached or marginally attached (generally shorter committed relationships) tend to get alienated from their married male friends with kids. The lifestyles are too different. You making good money isn't a factor in this.

It's possible for a guy in a non-marital committed relationship to still be friends with married men without children, because the lifestyle differences aren't as great, but there are still some differences.

Unattached men in their 30s are on the fringes of most social circles. Most social circles of 30 something people are marrieds trying to have kids or marrieds with kids. These social circles are very blue pill.

As much as I don't want to admit, but having a partner in life who you can share things with is really what it's all about.
Yes, there's something to that sentence. This is a reason to pursue extended, committed relationships, even as a serial monogamist. Most relationships won't last but if you have a partner for the time being, it's usually better than being all alone. The guys who have it the worst are the guys who can't even get plates. These are often the AFCs with long droughts or in worse cases, they are MGTOWs and incels. Many men are unable to get sex without relationships, but the committed relationships do offer benefits in addition to sex.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like you need to find and do things that interest you on a deeper level. You sound like a thinker and you don't want to live on a surface level. Your post sounds to me like someone maturing and realizing what they don't want in life. Now you gotta find what you do want. Life doesn't have to be boring if you don't want it to be. Identify what you do want and maybe that will give ya some forward momentum? Also, therapy helped me when I was feeling like this...

Camus might be your guy if you're into philosophy.

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats the point of happiness ? it dosent buy you money :D Iv no answers,but a good honest thought provoking post. Makes a change from "text back after 2 days or you`re sunk!"

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You rich guys are something else. Tell you what: give me your money and I’ll show you how it’s done
The funny thing is looking back I wouldn't do anything different. I'm truly blessed and I acknowledge that. But money doesn't make your life perfect. That was all I was trying to convey to relate to the OP.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing is looking back I wouldn't do anything different. I'm truly blessed and I acknowledge that. But money doesn't make your life perfect. That was all I was trying to convey to relate to the OP.
Nothing is perfect buttercup. Embrace it

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You rich guys are something else. Tell you what: give me your money and I’ll show you how it’s done
I am not "rich"

I can live comfortably within my means but that is only because i don't indulge in buying things i don't need or feel the need to show off to others

Sadly most rich people aren't happy they sold themselves to get to where they are trampling over people and making others lives a misery even with the most muted conscience this darkens the soul

On top of that the people that are usually around them are just interlopers hanging around for the ride whilst the going's good

If you get a chance go to Monaco and witness it for your self

It's just endless d1ck swinging and competing

So utterly pointless

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like you need to find and do things that interest you on a deeper level. You sound like a thinker and you don't want to live on a surface level. Your post sounds to me like someone maturing and realizing what they don't want in life. Now you gotta find what you do want. Life doesn't have to be boring if you don't want it to be. Identify what you do want and maybe that will give ya some forward momentum? Also, therapy helped me when I was feeling like this...

Camus might be your guy if you're into philosophy.
Cheers i will check this out

kavi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The current Capitalist, Atomized system is going to die and be replaced by a more community oriented thing. A smart guy wont be motivated in this system, most are just getting by. You are not alone at all in questioning the current value system based on money, jobs, stuff etc.

Me too I have no place in the regular system. I can be motivated to change the system or build my own thing. I could never take work, money or success seriously in the current system cos everything is broken. In the UK esp the current system is not worth it for most, reduced productivity, inflation, no real social or economic advances since the the last 30 years.

I mean it really is boring and pointless: Go and do stupid crappy stuff at work, take **** from bosses, commute, economy failing, relationships broken, women dont care about your successes etc I mean it really is a broken system so I dont blame anyone and I feel the same.