Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

There’s A Scientific Reason Why Women Are Attracted To Taller Men

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These are Scientific reasons why women are attracted to taller men. Scientific. The average woman preferred a man eight inches taller than her.

In terms of attractiveness to women. what can a shorter man do to make up for his lack of height?

Thoughts?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be a man, not just a guy. Project the BDE (big d1ck energy) even if you don't have one. So, the usual self improvement stuff on here, but focused on masculinity more so than appearance, finances, status, etc.

If contained within the first impression you give is that you're not a pushover, then you won't be overlooked. Just don't be a try-hard.

Last edited:

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Something else - train your voice to be louder and more resonant.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great, so now I have to mack chicks under 4'8"? :rolleyes:

It's Scientifically OVER for ShortCels. :mad:
But if they're 4'8" fatties, they won't be as large.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These are Scientific reasons why women are attracted to taller men. Scientific. The average woman preferred a man eight inches taller than her.
The full quote is
Out of the 650 college students who participated in the study, the average man preferred a woman three inches shorter than him, and the average woman preferred a man eight inches taller than her.
Firstly, don't let what some college girls say they prefer influence your reality.
Secondly, men (and women) come in whole, complex packages, they are not just a sum of measurements (height, weight, bank account and so on). Height being one variable that you can't change, work on improving all other aspects.
Thirdly, notice the irony with the photo of Chris Hemsworth and his wife ... all his height, good looks, money, fame yet he married a woman 7yrs older than him. :rolleyes:

RazorRambo24

Banned
Reaction score
One of the very first things I learned about women that resonated across women as a whole was the height thing. It's funny because it was actually my mom who told me "most girls are simple, they just want a guy whos tall and looks decent". (if nothing else).

But theres tons of other variables when you're being realistic. Yes, tall guys have the edge when it comes to pre-selection.. but so do guys who seem to be the center of attention in their big group of friends (Social status), and guys who have some type of clout / popularity (local musician/artist for example), muscular guys with nice physiques and or guys with tattoos and nice hair, good looks..

But heres the deal, more average looking people are in relationships than ever superficially hot people. Should tell you something.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great, so now I have to mack chicks under 4'8"? :rolleyes:

It's Scientifically OVER for ShortCels. :mad:
It's not over for short men. It never actually began for short men.

Women have been rejecting a larger percentage of men in the last few decades. Shorter men were having a tough time of it in the 1970s-1990s too.

In the last 15 years or so, women in the United States have considered men below 6'0" to be short. That threshold for what's consider shorter might have been below 5'8" or 5'9" in the 1980s-1990s.

Eight inches shorter than me would be 5'2". It's feasible for me to go for 5'0"-5'2" women. I have met women in the 5'0"-5'2" range who only date men 6'0"+ and are not lacking for options.

While 5'10" isn't short, being an average height guy isn't that great of a deal.

Don't be like this guy:

That guy was not having a good moment. I can imagine it would be difficult for a man of that height to get laid.

radha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ironically being short is actually far healthier than being tall. The intuition that being tall somehow symbolizes health isn't true. Shorter people have much lower rates of chronic illness mostly due to lower IGF1 growth hormone. The larger the person is, the more new cells have to be created in order to survive and the increase in new cell creation leads to more mutations which are what cause many chronic illnesses. The same thing goes for building muscle - working muscles in order to keep them functional is good but working out muscles to make them larger is really bad for long term health because you're essentially forcing the body to create more cells and that creates higher risk of mutations.

People who are health enthusiasts are all very aware of this but I think it will take awhile for the general public to become aware that tall and/or muscular does not equal better long term health outcomes. We'll see if that has any impact on female mating choices.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
In general this is important to a woman until it isn't. Two of my best relationships in my life have been with women roughly the same height as me.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it’s a hive mind thing more than scientific. Women want what other women say is “hot”.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I think it’s a hive mind thing more than scientific. Women want what other women say is “hot”.
Yes. Being attracted to tall (generally) is probably inborn.

But being hung up on a specific height say 6’ or X inches taller due to her wearing heels is social programming.

It’s analogous to this… The caveman might have naturally attracted to big boobs. But he didn’t come out of the cave demanding a 34C minimum. They didn’t have measurements then lol.

Last edited:

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This height thing gives me an itch on how social media is baseless brainwashing, similar to how we acknowledge or respect celebrities. This height thing may be conditioning us and/or it may just be our pure biology.

Though, it is odd to see many posts regarding height. Yes, I understand but why keep beating it over our short heads? Is the media trying to belittle me and influence the population to believe I'm not of value? Or is it trying to post some valuable (but redundant) information?

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s analogous to this… The caveman might have naturally attracted to big boobs. But he didn’t come out of the cave demanding a 34C minimum. They didn’t have measurements then.
Funny because the media does not highlight 34C women in the same respect as tall men. In contrast, petite women seem to be more in favor these days but I would expect our biology to prefer a woman with a curve bottom and prominent chest.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Height gets a man in the door easier. That’s it.

Shorter men need to over perform in other areas; looks, money, game, status, and be jacked. If a short man has most of these he is more than fine with women. It’s just how things go…

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

In terms of attractiveness to women. what can a shorter man do to make up for his lack of height?

Thoughts?
Be handsome.
It works.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The full quote is
Firstly, don't let what some college girls say they prefer influence your reality.
Secondly, men (and women) come in whole, complex packages, they are not just a sum of measurements (height, weight, bank account and so on). Height being one variable that you can't change, work on improving all other aspects.
Thirdly, notice the irony with the photo of Chris Hemsworth and his wife ... all his height, good looks, money, fame yet he married a woman 7yrs older than him. :rolleyes:
It is true that being tall gives you an edge , but it is only this … an edge

With or without the edge , you still should be fine

You can not just have an edge in everything

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the very first things I learned about women that resonated across women as a whole was the height thing. It's funny because it was actually my mom who told me "most girls are simple, they just want a guy whos tall and looks decent". (if nothing else).
So ideally all of Sosuave‘s advice on how to attract, secure, and make love to women should have the disclaimer:

’Get tall first, THEN work on the fundamentals and learn the principals of seduction, Because if you are not tall, your clothes, your job, your money, your home, your body, your speech, your having fun, won’t matter,”

Funny how they don’t teach us how to gain height in school, they teach us to memorize math formulas. Powers that be know what they are doing.