Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last edited:

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My good female friend told me "more guys need to go no contact, it's the only way we ever learn."
Let them experience life without you.. Let them get ruined and burned by the savages outhere.

Then they will learn!

bobafatt

Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a whatsapp missed call from her on friday which i ignored, then the same again today so i messaged her saying ive had 2 missed calls..

she replied sorry it was by accident, damn phone!

yeahhhhh alright then haha

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let them experience life without you.. Let them get ruined and burned by the savages outhere.

Then they will learn!
By the time they learn their market value is **** and nobody wants them. Not even the good guys.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Had a whatsapp missed call from her on friday which i ignored, then the same again today so i messaged her saying ive had 2 missed calls..

she replied sorry it was by accident, damn phone!

yeahhhhh alright then haha

You shouldn't have even bothered to message

powersize

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey folks. I have a question to the experts:

Do the girls have some kind of general rules or common behaviors when they dump you or get dumped?

Maybe they are also into NC.

It may sounds funny but I am now really into trying to understand their behavior and way of thinking.

Thanks.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey folks. I have a question to the experts:

Do the girls have some kind of general rules or common behaviors when they dump you or get dumped?

Maybe they are also into NC.

It may sounds funny but I am now really into trying to understand their behavior and way of thinking.

Thanks.

When a girl dumps you, chances are at some point she will make contact.. Usually to check if your still on the hook.. Or simply just to get some validation..

Or maybe when things are not working with the new guy.. HOWEVER I seriously wouldn't concern myself with all that..

Focus on moving on.. And try not to think about what is going on in her head.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 4 NC

Been a little Rocky today.. Some memories of her coming back.. However I have to keep reminding myself, this was the best thing for me.

Better now, then the relationship going South 2-3 years down the line.

This experience has made me realise, long distance relationships are pointless UNLESS you will be long distance for a short period of time.

If after a year or so of dating, you can can get together then it can workout.. If you are long distance for YEARS to come, then it's a very high possibility of it going wrong.

Who else feels LDR are a waste of time?

Some negatives to LDR relationships, you guys need to be aware of.

01.Much higher chance of one of you cheating or meeting someone closer.

02.Its much harder to bond, when you are not physically with each other.

03.Its tougher to get over an argument, due to lack of physical time together to discuss and get over obstacles and issues.

04.Bordem & loneliness due to your partner not physically with you for the majority of the time.

05.Text conversations can get extremely boring.. Nothing can beat and actual face to face in person conversation.

06.Lack of physical bonding and lack of regular sex can lead to cheating.

07.One of you will have to make a MAJOR sacrifice and move away to be with your partner, leaving everything and everyone behind. One of you may get cold feet and bail out years down the line.

08. Your relationship isn't evolving into anything, you are stuck in the same cycle of seeing each other once a week.

I seriously don't see many positives to a LTR unless you are just banging someone, with no intention of a committed relationship.

Totallykile

Reaction score
3 weeks NC
Hi, this is the first time posting on a forum about my personal relationship with my now ex girlfriend. I have read many posts and watched too many you tube videos and how to get your ex back video's but I still feel the need to tell my story if not to help me, maybe I can help someone else who might go down the path I went and lost an amazing relationship that I'm moving on from ever so slowly. But I am and I will.

So I was 27 at the time and only have had sex with one other woman up until then and it was nothing serious just a nice woman a few years older than me who found me attractive but I of course fell for her and she said sorry kid ( I was 19 she was 23 at the time) and that was that. Not a big deal since no long relationship was formed.
Fast forward and I meet a wonderful woman who at the time was 19 but quite mature for her age and i was 27. I know the age gap doesnt sound good but I was not very experienced yet in the dating world even at that age so I thought I would give it a go. My best friend told me to go for it because he knew my situation and that I was a shyer guy although I was confident and so I took her out and we hit it off. Her mother and I were actually friends for a quite some time and then I met her daughter and she even approved of me asking her out.
Everything was amazing for 2-3 years between us, we hardly fought and if we did it was resolved quickly and we both comunicated pretty well to another considering our inexperience with relationships. Our sex life was great. In the 4th year I realized but didnt actully realize about my outlook on life and mental state and how i started shutting out my friends, family, passions and hobbies to try to be around her as much as possible because she made me feel so Great when I was with her and I forgot to mention we'd been living together for almost 3 out of the 4 years. I didnt have a fulfilling job all this time, it paid the Bill's but I hated it. I stayed because of complacency and to be honest It was easy lazy work. Also, I was her first so now that I look back I realize why it was good and ok for her to be with me in this state for so long but as I mentioned this last year things started to change.

I became much more negative in my daily life without fully realizing it. She said things to help but I didnt pick up on it all the times she did and I kept spiraling down. Before i knew it I just wanted to get work done every day and get home as soon as I could to be with her as much as possible. She was going to college full time and working full time so eventhough we lived together many nights were spent with her at the computer doing homework and me playing video games on the tv.
We started fighting more as she said she wanted to go out and do more and I told her i would compromise but then after a few more months similar discussions would arise again. Dont get me wrong, I loved this girl with all my heart and would always encourage her and when she was upset I would always cheer her up. I would surprise her with chocolate and flowers. I would make her laugh, Take her out to dinner and the movies, I treated her like my queen and she treated me like her king for a long time. About 4 months ago I yelled at her and argued literally about nothing because inside I was depressed and didnt love myself anymore(I now realize). My friends never called to hang out and I never called them. I didn't see any of my family hardly ever. I didnt go out and pursue my own passions and desires, I was riding on the coat tails of an amazing person I was watching soar higher and higher while I was weighed down and stuck by this invisible at the time but unbearable pressure of not being good enough anymore and feeling left behind.
She told me that day when I asked if she was still in love with me and she responded she loved me but didnt think she was In love with me anymore. I was devastated to say the least because I was and still am madly in love with this soul, this person that has brought me such happiness and joy but somehow I wasnt able to give her that same feeling anymore. She left for her moms that day and i sat at home crying trying to figure out what to say or do. I'll tell you guys right now the biggest mistake I made was not calling a close friend, or parent to discuss what was happening and how I could fix it if possible. I wrote a very mushy letter stating how sorry I was and asking for another chance which she did. I was so happy but my biggest mistake again was I thought I could fix it on my own and the truth was I couldn't. I didnt have the knowledge or experience to know what was happening to make her have these feelings. 2 months later (about 5 weeks ago) the day after my birthday it just came up again and she said she still felt the same and just wasn't in love eventhough she loved me and was very confused like me as to why she felt this. I knew eventhough I wanted to fix it so so bad that I had to listen to her this time and we broke up after 4 years. 3 of which were absolutely amazing.

To wrap things up, if this resonates with any of you guys I'll tell you that your going through some form of depression or maybe not quite as bad but you started to or did lose yourself along the way and may not love yourself at the moment. I want someone on here to say I have a chance still but I've read enough stories to know I need to let go and become the man I know I have the potential to be. Even at 32 years old I feel like I have a purpose again and am going back to college and getting my life on track more than its ever been in my entire life. I've reconnected with my close friends and family, go to the gym 5 days a week and found a new job making more than I have before. I still hope one day when I have reached my goals maybe this woman who really had no choice but to leave someone who emotionally drained her after a year of living with someone who didnt love themself that I may have the universe connect her back with me.

Sorry for the length but it feels good to write this down and if by chance someone reads this before it's too late, they may have the real second chance that I wasnt able to create to keep someone who I feel truly got me and did love me and accept me for who I was until I stopped accepting me for who I was....

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3 weeks NC
Hi, this is the first time posting on a forum about my personal relationship with my now ex girlfriend. I have read many posts and watched too many you tube videos and how to get your ex back video's but I still feel the need to tell my story if not to help me, maybe I can help someone else who might go down the path I went and lost an amazing relationship that I'm moving on from ever so slowly. But I am and I will.

So I was 27 at the time and only have had sex with one other woman up until then and it was nothing serious just a nice woman a few years older than me who found me attractive but I of course fell for her and she said sorry kid ( I was 19 she was 23 at the time) and that was that. Not a big deal since no long relationship was formed.
Fast forward and I meet a wonderful woman who at the time was 19 but quite mature for her age and i was 27. I know the age gap doesnt sound good but I was not very experienced yet in the dating world even at that age so I thought I would give it a go. My best friend told me to go for it because he knew my situation and that I was a shyer guy although I was confident and so I took her out and we hit it off. Her mother and I were actually friends for a quite some time and then I met her daughter and she even approved of me asking her out.
Everything was amazing for 2-3 years between us, we hardly fought and if we did it was resolved quickly and we both comunicated pretty well to another considering our inexperience with relationships. Our sex life was great. In the 4th year I realized but didnt actully realize about my outlook on life and mental state and how i started shutting out my friends, family, passions and hobbies to try to be around her as much as possible because she made me feel so Great when I was with her and I forgot to mention we'd been living together for almost 3 out of the 4 years. I didnt have a fulfilling job all this time, it paid the Bill's but I hated it. I stayed because of complacency and to be honest It was easy lazy work. Also, I was her first so now that I look back I realize why it was good and ok for her to be with me in this state for so long but as I mentioned this last year things started to change.

I became much more negative in my daily life without fully realizing it. She said things to help but I didnt pick up on it all the times she did and I kept spiraling down. Before i knew it I just wanted to get work done every day and get home as soon as I could to be with her as much as possible. She was going to college full time and working full time so eventhough we lived together many nights were spent with her at the computer doing homework and me playing video games on the tv.
We started fighting more as she said she wanted to go out and do more and I told her i would compromise but then after a few more months similar discussions would arise again. Dont get me wrong, I loved this girl with all my heart and would always encourage her and when she was upset I would always cheer her up. I would surprise her with chocolate and flowers. I would make her laugh, Take her out to dinner and the movies, I treated her like my queen and she treated me like her king for a long time. About 4 months ago I yelled at her and argued literally about nothing because inside I was depressed and didnt love myself anymore(I now realize). My friends never called to hang out and I never called them. I didn't see any of my family hardly ever. I didnt go out and pursue my own passions and desires, I was riding on the coat tails of an amazing person I was watching soar higher and higher while I was weighed down and stuck by this invisible at the time but unbearable pressure of not being good enough anymore and feeling left behind.
She told me that day when I asked if she was still in love with me and she responded she loved me but didnt think she was In love with me anymore. I was devastated to say the least because I was and still am madly in love with this soul, this person that has brought me such happiness and joy but somehow I wasnt able to give her that same feeling anymore. She left for her moms that day and i sat at home crying trying to figure out what to say or do. I'll tell you guys right now the biggest mistake I made was not calling a close friend, or parent to discuss what was happening and how I could fix it if possible. I wrote a very mushy letter stating how sorry I was and asking for another chance which she did. I was so happy but my biggest mistake again was I thought I could fix it on my own and the truth was I couldn't. I didnt have the knowledge or experience to know what was happening to make her have these feelings. 2 months later (about 5 weeks ago) the day after my birthday it just came up again and she said she still felt the same and just wasn't in love eventhough she loved me and was very confused like me as to why she felt this. I knew eventhough I wanted to fix it so so bad that I had to listen to her this time and we broke up after 4 years. 3 of which were absolutely amazing.

To wrap things up, if this resonates with any of you guys I'll tell you that your going through some form of depression or maybe not quite as bad but you started to or did lose yourself along the way and may not love yourself at the moment. I want someone on here to say I have a chance still but I've read enough stories to know I need to let go and become the man I know I have the potential to be. Even at 32 years old I feel like I have a purpose again and am going back to college and getting my life on track more than its ever been in my entire life. I've reconnected with my close friends and family, go to the gym 5 days a week and found a new job making more than I have before. I still hope one day when I have reached my goals maybe this woman who really had no choice but to leave someone who emotionally drained her after a year of living with someone who didnt love themself that I may have the universe connect her back with me.

Sorry for the length but it feels good to write this down and if by chance someone reads this before it's too late, they may have the real second chance that I wasnt able to create to keep someone who I feel truly got me and did love me and accept me for who I was until I stopped accepting me for who I was....
These are some of my favorite posts on sosuave for a couple reasons:

1. We have all been there. Trust me, it gets easier.
2. I now get to track your progress to becoming a better version of yourself
3. It reminds me why women are to not be trusted at a deep emotional level

I remember my first truly devastating breakup. I was so motivated to get her back that I got a bomb-ass job, lost about 25 lbs, and increased my social circle 10x. It was for the wrong reasons, but I've never felt a motivation for self improvement like that before. Use it to your advantage, which it sounds like you are doing. I miss that burning motivation, never felt anything like it.

NC is for your own benefit, not to try and get her back. The sad paradox is that in order to get her back in the right circumstance, you do actually have to move on and when she comes back, you aren't interested anymore. It's in the first scene from the movie Swingers and they absolutely nailed it. You will pretend to move on for the first bit, then you actually will move on and find other women to fill the void. Hopefully you will find another one you liked MORE than her. And that's when she will come back into your orbit.

In order for you to move on you must go NC, you must go out with friends, you must improve your life. Any contact from her is to be ignored. You do not reply. You delete her number, remove her from social media, and get on with your life. So many new women for you to meet especially in a college town. Good luck man and always post here in this thread if you are feeling the urge to text her. It's vitally important to remain NC.

Totallykile

Reaction score

I remember my first truly devastating breakup. I was so motivated to get her back that I got a bomb-ass job, lost about 25 lbs, and increased my social circle 10x. It was for the wrong reasons, but I've never felt a motivation for self improvement like that before. Use it to your advantage, which it sounds like you are doing. I miss that burning motivation, never felt anything like it.

NC is for your own benefit, not to try and get her back. The sad paradox is that in order to get her back in the right circumstance, you do actually have to move on and when she comes back, you aren't interested anymore. It's in the first scene from the movie Swingers and they absolutely nailed it. You will pretend to move on for the first bit, then you actually will move on and find other women to fill the void. Hopefully you will find another one you liked MORE than her. And that's when she will come back into your orbit.

In order for you to move on you must go NC, you must go out with friends, you must improve your life. Any contact from her is to be ignored. You do not reply. You delete her number, remove her from social media, and get on with your life. So many new women for you to meet especially in a college town. Good luck man and always post here in this thread if you are feeling the urge to text her. It's vitally important to remain NC.

Thank you for your words, it helps a lot. I will keep updating and I do have that underlying feeling of maybe a week from now or another month or half a year if I find my self and balance in life and am just grateful for everything I have I would like to try again with this woman because she feels special to me in many ways. But I'm sure your also right this being my first true love its hard for me to conceptualize another woman filling those shoes.
She accepted me for everything I was and wasn't until I stopped loving and accepting me and life was not fun any more for her and truthfully I probably would still be feeling that way had this breakup not happened. Like i mentioned before, I wish I had the notion of asking for help instead of keeping everything to myself thinking I could make it right without having any experience and real knowledge on how do keep that spark alive like I know I could have in her. I feel like my situation is slightly different because she was so nice and I respect her greatly and she never cheated and always made time for me.
I just overwhelmed her with my addiction to feel her love all the time. Being happy on your own and keeping a healthy balance in life of friends, family, career and your hobbies and passions is so important to keeping that spark so you dont extstingish
and make that light disappear. Thanks again for responding.

powersize

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 46

Soon it is gonna be more days than I actually dated with her. Have no idea why she is still in my head, for the relations with a period 1 year and more it sounds more reasonable.

That is my first NC experience and so far I am emotionally more stable than a month before a break up. Definitely less stress and it feels like a life before i met her, with an exception of some flashbacks during evenings. I am trying to keep in mind those negative things i have experienced being with her.

Finally I can focus on studying German and a bit Spanish (which was challenging with all these emotions), took a professional course which i have being thinking about for a very long time, planning to move out to downtown in the next 2-3 months to have easier access to bars and clubs, and to start gym or take some boxing lessons.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 5 NC

Feeling a mixture of emotions over the last few days.

In one hand, I feel she totally did me a FAVOUR by ending it.

After some time apart from her, I realise I was WASTING my years away, on a LDR that would have failed no matter what.

The reason why I went along with this LDR was because I felt she was a quality girl, and quality girls are RARE to find these days.

I feel quite angry with myself, as I should have asked myself where this relationship was going, and bailed out of it sooner.

I was only looking at the short term, and not the long term!

I also feel a little saddened because I doubt I will meet another girl, with good MORALS and overall a good nature again.

However my plan is to meet and BANG as many woman as possible over the next years or so, maybe I will get lucky and meet a chick, who isn't all that bad, and is more suitable for a committed relationship.

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Week 5 NC

Feeling a mixture of emotions over the last few days.

In one hand, I feel she totally did me a FAVOUR by ending it.

After some time apart from her, I realise I was WASTING my years away, on a LDR that would have failed no matter what.

The reason why I went along with this LDR was because I felt she was a quality girl, and quality girls are RARE to find these days.

I feel quite angry with myself, as I should have asked myself where this relationship was going, and bailed out of it sooner.

I was only looking at the short term, and not the long term!

I also feel a little saddened because I doubt I will meet another girl, with good MORALS and overall a good nature again.

However my plan is to meet and BANG as many woman as possible over the next years or so, maybe I will get lucky and meet a chick, who isn't all that bad, and is more suitable for a committed relationship.
You are projecting quality on to her. She is not quality, she is simply a woman. She left you via text message for her ex after two years. That ain't quality bruv. You are lucky she left you - take the opportunity to meet new/better women. NEXT

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are projecting quality on to her. She is not quality, she is simply a woman. She left you via text message for her ex after two years. That ain't quality bruv. You are lucky she left you - take the opportunity to meet new/better women. NEXT

Well mate, thats the funny thing.. I am infact LUCKY, because I was wasting precious years on someone, who had nothing long term to offer.

And agreed... Two years ended with a cowardly chitty text message, is LOW man.. Maybe I didn't know her that well after all.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do feel a lost opportunity though guys.

Because of the cowardly way she ended it, I think she deserved for me to message her back, and give her some home truths..

I wasn't feeling it for her sexualy anymore, damn I didn't even used to cvm half of the time.

I could have just messaged back and confirmed I wasn't feeling her anymore, and was happy with it ending.

But apparently... Ghosting her and saying NOTHING pizzes them off even more... I'm not so sure about that lol

Sometimes chit needs to be said.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I definitely don't want her back or to speak to her again. Quite looking forward to moving on with my life.

However.. What is the best DJ move here.

Send her a Text, thanking her for ending things & letting her know, even though she behaved like a coward in the end, I am happy with the decision.

Or keep ghosting her like I have so far?

Which is the most effective option!