The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha ha no crying. I did when it first happened and I found out she had been f'ing her BF the whole time behind my back. Honestly, I'm not sure what I miss now? I think it's just that lack of closure and the pure hatred toward me that's f'd me. I'm not sure where any of it is coming from so I've wanted to find out. Apparently I'll never get the answer. Moving on. Tomorrow NC day 6. Thx.
It's the companionship; having someone to talk to at night, talk to about a bad day at work, talk about something great you did, all that stuff... That's how @Carpathian explained it to me, and it really makes a lot of sense. It becomes a security blanket...

DamnSon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going through a breakup now I'm on day 5 NC, she looks at my Snapchats, big whoop. Dumped me and couldn't give a **** less I guess, regardless of how good I was to her. Grimy dude.

But prior to this my ex of 2 years, we had a crazy, passionate relationship, but ultimately ****ed me over. Anyway after a year maybe even year and a half of NC, she texted me to tell me we should meet up before she "moves" to Florida, I say sure, why not I'll explore this again. I still use to think about her from time to time.. she showed up my house at midnight, piss drunk, we went to the bar, back to my place and had crazy, crazy sex. The next day also. Then we went for a hike and she told me how shes quitting her good job etc to work at the bar again and how she doesnt know what she wants in life bla bla (lost soul, trainwreck) She went home and I haven't really hard from her since. This was back in July. Her best-friend was getting married and I think she may have felt needy.

Carpathian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's the companionship; having someone to talk to at night, talk to about a bad day at work, talk about something great you did, all that stuff... That's how @Carpathian explained it to me, and it really makes a lot of sense. It becomes a security blanket...
Indeed. But we must not let that influence us in the path we know we must tread to rid ourselves of these negative women who drag us down. Note, this is the "no contact" thread. You better believe it that she WILL contact you again if you go no contact, almost certainly if you were a half decent guy and were not an a$$hole. It's THEN that things get more tricky. It is actually MUCH easier if they do NOT contact you again. It is easy that way. But when they do, giving you the sob story, it'll never happen again, I love and miss you, I was going through a bad time, and all that BS, it is THEN, that you need to be strong. And many of us, myself included, have not been and we implode. To hug and kiss her and get physical with her again, it is so tempting, especially if we are in a barren patch with other women (and all of us know that feeling). So we get attached. Again. And then we get dumped. Again. That is why this is the no contact thread. It is much easier said than done.

5chm1dd1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Indeed. But we must not let that influence us in the path we know we must tread to rid ourselves of these negative women who drag us down. Note, this is the "no contact" thread. You better believe it that she WILL contact you again if you go no contact, almost certainly if you were a half decent guy and were not an a$$hole. It's THEN that things get more tricky. It is actually MUCH easier if they do NOT contact you again. It is easy that way. But when they do, giving you the sob story, it'll never happen again, I love and miss you, I was going through a bad time, and all that BS, it is THEN, that you need to be strong. And many of us, myself included, have not been and we implode. To hug and kiss her and get physical with her again, it is so tempting, especially if we are in a barren patch with other women (and all of us know that feeling). So we get attached. Again. And then we get dumped. Again. That is why this is the no contact thread. It is much easier said than done.
Even if my ex tries to contact me, she'll have a hard time reaching me.
I've blocked her in every possible way, including calls and text, so good luck with that.

It's not that I hate her or anything, but I just don't want my healing process to be interrupted by my past. Plus, I'm not the type of guy who befriends an Ex afterwards, nor ever wants to reconcile, so what's the point in reestablishing contact?

Stay strong guys, week 13 here.

Jediknight888

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 7. So far everything has been fine. Still NC. I'm committed to seeing this thing through. Last time it took 30 days BF she responded. I haven't gone 60 BF. I'm a little worried about what to do if she does start contacting me. I don't think it's all that likely. Considering how much of an ass she's been I'm not sure how you even come back from that. There's really nothing she could say. I'll definitely be on her asking for advice shold that happen though.

5chm1dd1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 7. So far everything has been fine. Still NC. I'm committed to seeing this thing through. Last time it took 30 days BF she responded. I haven't gone 60 BF. I'm a little worried about what to do if she does start contacting me. I don't think it's all that likely. Considering how much of an ass she's been I'm not sure how you even come back from that. There's really nothing she could say. I'll definitely be on her asking for advice shold that happen though.
Block her in any possible way dude! Don't even give her the possibility to reach out.

It's not a sign of weakness to do everything you can to keep more pain and suffering away from you, in contrary. This is, in my opinion, a part of being a DJ: doing what is necessary when it's necessary to get yourself back on top asap.

Jediknight888

Don Juan
Reaction score
Block her in any possible way dude! Don't even give her the possibility to reach out.

It's not a sign of weakness to do everything you can to keep more pain and suffering away from you, in contrary. This is, in my opinion, a part of being a DJ: doing what is necessary when it's necessary to get yourself back on top asap.
You can look at a previous post a few days ago I asked that question. I got replies saying both block and unblock. I have decided that blocking typically means you're not over the person. Otherwise why would you have them blocked at all? I currently have her unblocked, I think as time goes on it shows that I don't give a ****. She can look at my stuff all she wants to. She can contact me all she wants to. I'm not letting her in again. I'd be happy to hear more opinions on the situation, but now if I block her it's going to show that I'm still thinking about her. My 2 cents.

DamnSon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Really feeling it today fellas.

Tomorrow marks day 6 of NC 7, since she broke up with me. It's so cold and lonely over here on the east-coast and I feel like i'm missing a best-friend, somebody to share things with. She dumped me, but somehow I feel like it must have been my fault? I was damn good to her though, loyal and supportive.. just a little pushy at times and accusatory because she was being shady here and there. Nothing that wasn't easy to workout, but she just didn't want to. She's been looking at all of my snapchats recently, I don't know what this means, maybe she's missing me.. the majority of me wishes she'd contact me.. has only been 6 days, but it would have to be some miracle for her to be like "I made sucha huge mistake I'm so sorry" YEAHhh right.

I don't know man, I'm just really feeling depressed tonight and lonely and I don't even want any other chicks

Jediknight888

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel the sameye way in my situation. I finally realized if it ever is going to work it would require her to come back admitting her wrong doing, apologizing, and actually wanting to make things work. You can't make it work with someone who doesn't want to. So the only option is NC. If she really values you then she'll come back and make the necessary changes. If she doesnt, you don't want her anyway.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Really feeling it today fellas.

Tomorrow marks day 6 of NC 7, since she broke up with me. It's so cold and lonely over here on the east-coast and I feel like i'm missing a best-friend, somebody to share things with. She dumped me, but somehow I feel like it must have been my fault? I was damn good to her though, loyal and supportive.. just a little pushy at times and accusatory because she was being shady here and there. Nothing that wasn't easy to workout, but she just didn't want to. She's been looking at all of my snapchats recently, I don't know what this means, maybe she's missing me.. the majority of me wishes she'd contact me.. has only been 6 days, but it would have to be some miracle for her to be like "I made sucha huge mistake I'm so sorry" YEAHhh right.

I don't know man, I'm just really feeling depressed tonight and lonely and I don't even want any other chicks
QUIT CHECKING SNAPCHAT! and quit posting crap that she can see! If you can't control yourself, uniinstall it. It is useless garbage anyway. If you can control yourself, just don't share with her. It does not sound like you can though. You are delaying the process.

Do you see yourself justifying her bad behaviors? The first two weeks are rough, trust me... it will get better. The rose colored glasses begin to come off eventually...

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel the sameye way in my situation. I finally realized if it ever is going to work it would require her to come back admitting her wrong doing, apologizing, and actually wanting to make things work. You can't make it work with someone who doesn't want to. So the only option is NC. If she really values you then she'll come back and make the necessary changes. If she doesnt, you don't want her anyway.
That's it right there! She was willing to let you go, and she would certainly do it again! She would rather be alone (or with someone else) than have you in her life. f*** her!!!!

Jediknight888

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can look at a previous post a few days ago I asked that question. I got replies saying both block and unblock. I have decided that blocking typically means you're not over the person. Otherwise why would you have them blocked at all? I currently have her unblocked, I think as time goes on it shows that I don't give a ****. She can look at my stuff all she wants to. She can contact me all she wants to. I'm not letting her in again. I'd be happy to hear more opinions on the situation, but now if I block her it's going to show that I'm still thinking about her. My 2 cents.

Day 8...OK... so this AM I decided to block her in every way possible. I decided to do this more for me. I realized I was looking at her social media too much and she still uses it to manipulate me. She posts sad pics then 1/2 naked pics etc... and maybe I'm being crazy to think that she does it to f with me and that she wouldn't post these pics anyway, but it does f with me so I need to stop. If she is doing to me intentionally (which i think is likely) then why give her that power? It's like she post these pics that are like..."hey where'd you go? Please contact me so I can stomp on you emotionally".

So she's blocked on everything and I don't foresee any reasons to ever unblock her.

Jediknight888

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 8...OK... so this AM I decided to block her in every way possible. I decided to do this more for me. I realized I was looking at her social media way too much and she still uses it to manipulate me. She posts sad pics then 1/2 naked pics etc... and maybe I'm being crazy to think that she does it to f with me and that she wouldn't post these pics anyway, but it does f with me so I need to stop. If she is doing to me intentionally (which i think is likely) then why give her that power? She posts these pics that are like..."hey where'd you go? Please contact me so I can stomp on you emotionally".

So she's blocked on everything and I don't foresee any reasons to ever unblock her.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good video! F**k em!

I really like the tree analogy, may have to keep that in my repertoire

Last edited:

DamnSon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I feel like **** I keep thinking about her smile and great sense of humor.. sucks a lot. She hasn't said one word to me in the 7 days. Does that mean she really just doesn't give a ****?

Jediknight888

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man I feel like **** I keep thinking about her smile and great sense of humor.. sucks a lot. She hasn't said one word to me in the 7 days. Does that mean she really just doesn't give a ****?
Sometimes I feel like we're all going after the same women! LOL! She didnt care as much as you do. If you still want her continue NC. Wait 4 her to contact you. She will.

DamnSon

Don Juan
Reaction score
How did we end up like this? Lol we had life all figured out before this