Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Never Ending Text Conversation

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see it as a way for bored women to get never ending attention and ego-boosts. I say get them on a date as soon as you can. If they won't commit, then next time they text you say:

"Hey, nice to hear from you, but I am really tied up. Let me know when you are free to get together"

Rinse and repeat until they commit or go away
Sounds like some Corey Wayne lol. Yup. It’s actually a pretty good strategy though. I’ve used it. I think a little texting is okay. But you don’t want to be texting everyday all day. It’s better just to ask her out, and if she doesn’t agree, then tell her to let me know if she changes her mind/figures out her schedule/ whatever. Then move on and live life. Because who wants to emotionally invest over text and come across as desperate.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@biggoal

I notice that you frequently respond to other forum member's postings. However (and correct me if I'm mistaken) you only respond when you can attempt to hi-jack the focus on to yourself (your above quoted response serves as one example).

It's not as though we're only here to help others - in order to accumulate 'rep' points or anything... but I've also noticed that you never give them, nor offer any forum member as much as a thank you.

If your forum behavior here is similar to how you interact with women, then you might want to reexamine your behavior and approach.
This was the nicest way you could have said ‘bro stfu already’

Lobanica

Reaction score
Personally I don't like to talk about useless topics with girls. When I meet her, I immediately ask questions that reveal her identity

Lobanica

Reaction score
I have had success and failure using both approaches. I have found that measured engagement works best for me. I just have fun with it, neg her and challenge her. I just don't send boring stuff just to keep a conversation going. If I feel it dying or want to leave her at I high spot, I just sign off. Many times, I have hit the send button thinking what I said was a little over the top, but F it. Except for a rare exception, the girls run with it. How many do you think get a hundred messages of "how is your day" or "You are really cute"? ZZZZZZ

A recent starter (she initiated after a tinder match)
Her: Where did you come from?
Me: My momma always told me that I came from her belly. You?
Her: I have been here the whole time
Me: There really isn't an option to leave and come back. That is unless you believe in that sort of thing.
Her: In a past life I think that I was a warrior princess. What would you have been?
Me: A general with his eyes on the throne.
Her: Ahh a king in the making. You would need a queen.
Me: Yes and that choice is a difficult one. A combination of smart and sexy. Know anyone?
Her: I might. So, Mr mystery, tell me something about yourself.
Me: I just did. Pay attention!
Her: Haha.. I am!
Me: Nice chatting with you. I have to run to a meeting. Talk later.
Her: OK TTYL

A lot of guys would have responded with a long message introducing themselves and actually telling her where they came from bla bla bla.

I sent her a few messages the next day and got her number. From there, it was about a week of scattered groups of texts, with a bit of innuendo that she picked up on (some are clueless or act that way) and built on. I do believe that f*cking their mind first makes many doors easier to open later by establishing at least some level of connection. The first date then feels more like the second. Some on here just go right for the meet. I wish that worked for me. As far as time goes, you have to feel it out and if I am busy, I can keep things warm until I get free time to ask her to meet. If I get shot down for a meet and she is still very responsive and she seems fun, I'll just act like it never happened and ask again when it feels right. I just back way off to see if I she seems to start chasing. Obviously, having others going is never a bad idea. At this point I can usually tell in just a few texts if things are going to progress. Some are just boring or dumb and some just don't get my brand of humor. That's fine with me.

Anyway, I ended up meeting the woman from the example for drinks and went back to her place to sample a wine that she had. Never even opened the bottle.
Social networks are very necessary for communication at a distance, they were created in order not to send letters to pigeons :) But I tend to be the type of person who is an old believer. In my opinion, there is no substitute for live communication. Many guys lying on the couch say what they are ****ing awesome, etc. But I believe that it is necessary to prove actions. To get to know a person, I choose a couple of questions from here icebreakerquestions.info for a conversation, to reveal the identity. I've always been shy, but the questions have made me feel more confident, like a cheat sheet at school.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems to me that cellphones have made everyone so available these days. Do you see the never ending text conversation as a possible way to build attraction or an attraction killer? Should texting be used primarily for logistics?

To be clear, when I say never ending text convo. I mean a conversation without an end and having intermittent messages throughout the day/evening where no one says “okay, chat later”
With text on WhatsApp there's no clear start or end to conversations.

But I think if want to bang you should keep it to a minimum and arrange to meet up as soon as possible.

deadmasterx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, phone just for setting up dates is complicated these days. If you really feel like talking to this girl, make sure that is your free time, when you know you won't be busy and anything can disturb you. It's better to have a good quality texting or call for half an hour than chit chatting the whole day, going in pointless conversations, oftenly commiting the mistake of talking too much or saying something stupid. The idea is simple, give her some good short time of your day, be 100% there, leave before it gets boring or pointless, she'll want more of you.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
In 2010 the consensus here was text only to set up dates. That’s just not realistic anymore.
Or to "never text, only call". The game has changed and the oldies just don't want to admit it

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
No. Women still react the way they always have to proper stimuli.
Yes im sure the average girl had thousnds of beta orbiters in the 1950s. Let's pretend technolpgy has had no impact on the dating market!

It has but a female who desires you craves your voice. Also overvtexting is over communication. Give her something to miss.
Lot of girls dont even pick up the phone to call at all with anyone. Especially in my age group.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes im sure the average girl had thousnds of beta orbiters in the 1950s. Let's pretend technolpgy has had no impact on the dating market!

Lot of girls dont even pick up the phone to call at all with anyone. Especially in my age group.
I know. But no matter what year it is the women who desire you most will crave your voice and presence.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know many of you disagree but i have found texting to be very useful in building repour. I text 4 or 5 women thru out the day, share pictures of my house, my life or a project im working on. They eat that crap up. After awhile they will eventually turn the conversation sexual in some manner which i use to escalate further waiting til the right moment to drop a **** pic on em. This usually nets some nudes in return which lets me clarify shes on the up and up with her profile pictures and i have an attraction to her. Escalate further, set up a date and 8 times out of 10 that date ends up in the bedroom. She's already talked herself into f*cking me before we even meet cause she knows something about me and we "had the talk". I also think it really cuts down on first date flakes, they arent meeting a stranger off the internet, they are meeting that strangely exciting guy they been texting all week with the hot tub that does cool wood working stuff. And im a chatty type, bored at work so i dont mind chatting. Works good for me and my personality but mileage may vary with other people.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know many of you disagree but i have found texting to be very useful in building repour. I text 4 or 5 women thru out the day, share pictures of my house, my life or a project im working on. They eat that crap up. After awhile they will eventually turn the conversation sexual in some manner which i use to escalate further waiting til the right moment to drop a **** pic on em. This usually nets some nudes in return which lets me clarify shes on the up and up with her profile pictures and i have an attraction to her. Escalate further, set up a date and 8 times out of 10 that date ends up in the bedroom. She's already talked herself into f*cking me before we even meet cause she knows something about me and we "had the talk". I also think it really cuts down on first date flakes, they arent meeting a stranger off the internet, they are meeting that strangely exciting guy they been texting all week with the hot tub that does cool wood working stuff. And im a chatty type, bored at work so i dont mind chatting. Works good for me and my personality but mileage may vary with other people.
Why are you trying to cut down on first date flakes?