Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The "Metrosexual"...effeminate men now have a name. LOL

Reaction score
What I do.

twice a week if I'm going out to meet chicks, I wear better clothes than normal. I gel up the hair, shave, and wear cologne.

I shower every day. Put on deoderant, cologne, go for walks and I comb my hair. That's about it.

When I'm older, and my hands start looking horrible, I may do hand lotion, but I doubt it.

That's about the most I'd ever do. My time is too important to be primping for 3 hours.

Doing a lot more, except when it's done very sparingly, is a little too effeminate for my tastes; the only exception is when you're constantly being in the public eye, on camera, you may be able to do this more and get away with it, but that's rare.

I understand wanting to look good, but being vain is just a waste.

am4591

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember that Elf guy on another thread? Maybe he wasn't really gay, he could have just been Metrosexual.

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Bad Ass Canadian
I said this before, and I'll say it again.

You Metrosexuals go get your manicures and pedicures.

I'm gonna be busy riding motocross bikes/pumping iron/doing guy things and, while you're out getting pretty, I'll probably be f*cking your girlfriends...lol

The Bad Ass Canadian
Too damn right.

Just spoke to a lady friend about all this metrosexual stuff. She's well aware of it and totally turned off by it.
Smart girl.

If I ever caught any man of mine askng me what colour looks best with his eyes, he'd be riding the "next" bus quicker than he could make an appointment with his manicurist.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have nothing against looking good, BUT i will only go as far as i want to go for it.

Some men should realize that pretty nails arent gonna get them laid if they are still just AFC's.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a good example of a metro would be Justin Timberlake

I saw him perform at sars-stock in toronto this week.. what a ****en joke.. everyone was throwing stuff at him. I even saw muffins fly at him. he must of cried backstage. I think the stones felt sorry for him so they had him join them for a song.

i guess if you want to be a metrosexual just expect to get your ass kicked in a lot and don't go to a rock concert.

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 00Kevin
a good example of a metro would be Justin Timberlake
THE poster-boy for wussydom!

I think the 'metrosexual' is the nice-guy personality in the flesh form. The 'metrosexual' feminizes his appearance, just like the nice-guy feminizes his mind and thoughts.

AND, with all this talk of how these prissy boys get girls, they will be USED, just like the nice guy! Girls only go for these guys because the 'metrosexual' makes HER look better, his 'prettyness' is like a trophy to her.

He is being used.

Look at what happens to him! Younger girls crush on him (OH! He is so cute!), older women gawk at him (My! What a handsome lad!).

Compare this to the nice guy, whom all the kids love (because he lets them get away with murder), and of whom all the older women ask the question "Why isn't he with anyone? He is so nice!

While a nice guy is used for frendship/emotional reasons, this guy is used for social and sexual reasons. (Not sex in the true sense, more like we use our hands to jerk off, she uses the 'metrosexual' to get her off. I don't think these guys [if they are true to thier appearance] can make a woman feel like a woman.)

BOTH the 'metrosexual' and the 'nice guy' are good in theoretically, but when it comes to the TRUE lust of the woman, they always fail. That is just the way it is.

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, Justin Timberlake may as well be a girl...he's a raging AFC. Didn't he write some song about how he wanted Britney Spears back? Raging case of One-itis if I've ever seen one, especially with all the girls who are obsessed with him. His sense of fashion is way out in left field though. My sister is a fan, and has all the posters...and the things this guy wears...apparently money can't buy taste. Some fashions are meant to be left on the runway and in magazines, and never make it to real life. But that being said, he's someone who's carefully made up to appeal to 11-17 year old girls...they spend MILLIONS a year giving him this image. It's all about product positioning.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Latte
As far as I'm concerned, Justin Timberlake may as well be a girl...he's a raging AFC. Didn't he write some song about how he wanted Britney Spears back? Raging case of One-itis if I've ever seen one, especially with all the girls who are obsessed with him. His sense of fashion is way out in left field though. My sister is a fan, and has all the posters...and the things this guy wears...apparently money can't buy taste. Some fashions are meant to be left on the runway and in magazines, and never make it to real life. But that being said, he's someone who's carefully made up to appeal to 11-17 year old girls...they spend MILLIONS a year giving him this image. It's all about product positioning.
Didn't he write some song about how he wanted Britney Spears back?
HeHe....I wasn't aware that Mrs. Timberlake even wrote music.
He is an Entertainer. Not a musician.

His sense of fashion is way out in left field though
As somebody already mentioned, he is always in the publics eye; PLUS........He is told what to wear. He has stylists, and publicists who expect him to hold a certain image because he makes money appealing to a certain demographic AS YOU SAID YOURSELF.

he's someone who's carefully made up to appeal to 11-17 year old girls
There we have it.

Metrosexual's are nothing more than a bunch of effeminate pretty boys who are scared to get their hands dirty.

And, by "Pretty Boy", I'm not reffering to their physical appearance.

The Bad Ass Canadian

siph

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is odd, all the pretty boys i know, get the hottest girls in my school. They appear attractive while maintaing a masculine attitude. They would have no problem ripping an armani shirt in order to beat the crap out of someone for calling them gay for tanning. I am somewhere in between, not fully into the whole fashion and makeup scene, but not a redneck either. I just thinks its flat out wrong to write these guys off. It should be noted that the key is masculinity. Being well dressed does not make you make less masculine, your attitude does. In my years of reading this site, I have recieve dmuch metrosexual advice. Like dress better, and much of the advice centers around improving yourself specifically to make yourself more attractive to women. how is this different? Unfortunately only the older more experienced posters realize that the change should be within yourself ot become a better person. The newer posters tend to focus on cheap tricks and in the end you get misinformation. So if you like to dress up, go for it, god knows it wont hold you back. and if your a redneck stay what you are. taking advice is often the most difficult task possible because many on this site do not have the experience nor mental state to be offering others advice

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by siph
this is odd, all the pretty boys i know, get the hottest girls in my school...
Yeah, and that is the case most everywhere else. The thing is that there is BALANCE. They probably don't go to salons, wear nail polish and eye liner, and sit around discussing their shoes.

It is always good to have a healthy mix, being lopsided one way or the other has it's disadvantages, but when it comes to getting chicks, it is always better to err on the side of masculinity.

At the extreme end of masculinity, you have the 'jerk'. She may LOVE him, but he is always treating her like sh*t, etc.

Same thing with appearance. If you are a dirty, grubby, slimeball, you will have some trouble, no doubt about it. Girls may like you in some way, but they may try to change you, to make you more presentable.

But the other extreme is (ugh!) 'metrosexual'. That is ALSO lopsided.

Sometimes, though, guys get addicted to female attention, and just boost up thier appearance from there, ending up as the dreaded 'metrosexual'.

But, rest assured, thier 'hair salon appointments', 'concealer', 'exfoliator', 'eyeliner', 'pedicures', 'custom shampoos', 'nail polish', etc. is NOT getting them women.

Getting women (and the ATTENTION) of women is most likely what DROVE them to that state to begin with!

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Badass Canadian, it all depends on where you live, and in what culture you were raised. I'm from Miami. Here, it's almost expected. Where you're from, I'm sure it's different. In Latin cultures, the manliest of men are the long haired Fabio types. The beer swilling crotch scratching guys are jokes. In other parts of the country, it's reversed. Both are considered just as manly, depending on who you ask. I won't date an overly feminine girl. Not interested in some priss. But at the same time, I'm always dressed to the nines, and I won't date any girl who isn't the same. I pride myself on being well dressed, and I'm constantly complimented on women for it. I don't like to leave the house in jeans and a t-shirt. If you like to, be my guest. If that makes me a vagina, so be it. I do fine for myself, and I've never had a woman turn me down for being too "girly". So if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool stuff, Mr. Latte

I said it before,
I don't think any less of you because of it.

You make valid points, and in a sense, this is very much a cultural thing.
I'm not a redneck, by no means. Maybe my views do give you that vibe, but it's not the case.

I really dislike the term and the article's description, though.

The Bad Ass Canadian

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by siph
...my years of reading this site, I have recieve dmuch metrosexual advice. Like dress better, and much of the advice centers around improving yourself specifically to make yourself more attractive to women.
Mmm, no you did not receive metrosexual advice when you were told to dress better. Why is it that some people have a bit of a hard time understanding the difference between being a DJ and being a metrosexual.

Were you adviced to spend 3 hours every day in a spa? Were you adviced to go take a manicure 3 times a week? Were you adviced to take facials?

A dj dresses well and looks well. A metrosexual "is in touch with his feminine side". We all want to look good. And to those here who think they will be players dressing ska and going out with a dirty greasy face - you're delusional.

Taking care of youself is normal. Obsessing of it to the level of an HB - is metrosexual.

VERY SIMPLE

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Latte give us the ultimate answer...

Do you just like to dress well and take care of yourself (we all do - most atleast).

Or do you take regular visits to the spa, have facials and manicures while spending hours learning about latest fashion trends?

You see you have to finally realize we're only debating against the latter. In the last year I haven't gone out with atleast a Calvin Kline shirt, suiting elegant pants and expensive shoes. Even for a trip to the store this is what I wear. So you're not getting any arguments against looking good from me.

Mr. Latter are you metrosexual?

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cestmoi

A dj dresses well and looks well. A metrosexual "is in touch with his feminine side". We all want to look good. And to those here who think they will be players dressing ska and going out with a dirty greasy face - you're delusional.

VERY SIMPLE

any man with a feminine side takes it up the ass on a regular basis.

siph

Don Juan
Reaction score
i find it best to ignore trolls, but speaking honestly, I guess you guys are right. The problem was that when I started dressing very well, ie. button down shirts and boots and basically the structure wardrobe, I was often overdressed for most situations. it did not fully suit my personality. I was a more laid back a&f style and when i stopped wearing all that well dressed **** I was more comfortable and thus more succesfull, i think that would be the most important thing. besides who the **** cares how some gay looking guy dresses, they arent stealing our women and they can have all the makeup they want. Just do what you like

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cestmoi, to answer your question, I don't consider myself a metrosexual. I've never had a facial (the closest I've come is using my neutrogena soap, I tend to get oily skin in the summer). never had a manicure (I bite my nails, they look like crap). I haven't had a haircut (stylist or otherwise) in almost 3 years (I shave my head). But I'm very much into fashion. I'm very trendy, style of the moment, etc. It doesn't faze me to work for 2 weeks (I'm 20) to buy a $500 jacket or $300 shoes. I own and wear leather pants. I have 20 something pairs of shoes. But I'm not by any means feminine. I play paintball, football, basketball. I'm a car freak. Basically, a normal guy who likes to look his best, and know what the latest trends are. I'm just very adament about not stereotyping people.

Badass Canadian, we're cool. I wasn't trying to imply that I was insulted. Where in Canada are you?

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Latte
Cestmoi, to answer your question, I don't consider myself a metrosexual. I've never had a facial (the closest I've come is using my neutrogena soap, I tend to get oily skin in the summer). never had a manicure (I bite my nails, they look like crap). I haven't had a haircut (stylist or otherwise) in almost 3 years (I shave my head). But I'm very much into fashion. I'm very trendy, style of the moment, etc. It doesn't faze me to work for 2 weeks (I'm 20) to buy a $500 jacket or $300 shoes. I own and wear leather pants. I have 20 something pairs of shoes. But I'm not by any means feminine. I play paintball, football, basketball. I'm a car freak. Basically, a normal guy who likes to look his best, and know what the latest trends are. I'm just very adament about not stereotyping people.

Badass Canadian, we're cool. I wasn't trying to imply that I was insulted. Where in Canada are you?
LOL
now it comes full circle and NO you are not a Metrosexual.

You dig fashion and style, not being in touch with your feminine side.
That's the difference.

I'm somewhere East of Toronto, but West of Newfoundland...lol

A hint for anyone who will get it.

I drink Alexander Keiths beer on a regular basis. That company is based in this city.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not a metrosexual, I just don't think it makes someone less of a man to be one. Do whatever rocks your socks.

And I didn't even know Newfoundland was IN Canada. I went to Montreal once, I remember it being kinda lame, it soured my impression.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the article highlights the extreme of it all...

I'll keep up with the latest fashions since I've got friends out in Rome and another friend who's a fashion designer with her own label so I end up gettin **** that isn't actually in the mainstream shops here 'til a year later or so... I mean at the time I've had a few people crack some jokes on it, like the whole dirty jeans look that came and went, then a year later they were all buyin' into it...

Manicure, facials... I think it's a little far, bookin in for a weekly session at your local wherever but I guess if you've got the money then I can't really say anythin' about it

It's all the order you do it in... if you're out lookin all slim and feminine then start gettin' manicure, facials etc, then it's very close to feminine, but if you've already hit the gym got a good physique and other masculine traits, the smooth or love em and leave playa attitude and you get some easily in the club, and you decide that one day you wanna just fix up a certain aspect of you then yeah...

I'll do certain things from the article, but others I wouldn't think of doin'... I do have a few rough edges, the good body, designer stubble and all that which I think balance it all out nicely... yeah, my image is well thought out by the clothes that I buy and ideas that I'll get, but it's a simple thing, I can roll out of bed and be out of the house in 5 minutes any morning...