Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The "Metrosexual"...effeminate men now have a name. LOL

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
http://content.health.msn.com/content/article/71/81366.htm

The way I see it, if they're happy, good for them! The only thing is that we're sure to see them on here when women start telling them "Let's just be friends." :p

"What could be wrong? We have so much fun together shopping for clothes, getting manicures, having late-night slumber parties...I thought she was bound to love me!" :rolleyes:

Mr_Pink

Don Juan
Reaction score
"Metrosexual men "are very secure in their sexuality," says Brown. "They're comfortable getting a facial..."

Hehe...

McHenry

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm surprised that some men thinks that being a "lady-boy" will get them laid.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by McHenry
I'm surprised that some men thinks that being a "lady-boy" will get them laid.
It may...with butch women who are still straight.

Originally posted by Mr_Pink
"Metrosexual men "are very secure in their sexuality," says Brown. "They're comfortable getting a facial..."

Hehe...
:eek:

BWAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!! ROFLMAO!!!

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxim/Stuff magazine is a JOKE..there are like 10 pages a month worth reading..the rest of the stuff is garbage about fashion and advertisement

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

The day i go get a manicure, pedicure, facial or serve up a meat-free pasta for my friends; Somebody fvckin' put a bullet in my head!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!

Way too funny.

Where are all the REAL men going? Society is turning itself upside down, and that really sux. 50yrs from now, we'll all be stay at home dad's with aprons, and our women will be screwing us up the butt with a metal strap on.

Effeminate crap......my ass.

I'll start injecting testosterone, if it comes down to it, for fear my balls fall off.

lol

Metrosexual......AHAAHHHHHAAAAAHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The Bad Ass Canadian

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How is it that taking care of yourself is girly? It's not queer to go to the gym, so why is it gay to take care of the skin that covers those muscles? It's not gay to take a shower and use soap, so why's it queer to use facial cleanser? Who made it gay to get your cut by a hairdresser rather than a barber? Or to be well dressed? The ladies love Brad Pitt, but he wouldn't be who he is if it weren't for his manicures, pedicures, body polishes, facials, clay masks, moisturizing, personal shopping attendants, hairstylists, etc. Taking care of your body is an investment for today, as well as for old age. When you're 45 and look 70, don't come *****ing to those of us who take care of ourselves.

Nameless

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr Latte does have a point, and to a certain extent, I agree with him, but there is a point where its taken a bit too far.

As for your name - lol I think that tells us a bit about your level of metrosexuality.

Much love bro
;)

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My name has nothing to do with lattes (coffee). It's a shortened version of my last name.

To touch on another point, what about your so called "manly men"? Aren't they just closet metrosexuals? Look at Metallica, The Rolling Stones, The White Stripes, P. Diddy, 50 Cent, etc. Any entertainer out there, no matter what musicians or actors you're into. They wear leather pants. They wear honest-to-goodness makeup. Not powder for the stagelights, but lipstick and mascara. Jon Davis wears women's dresses and underwear. But somehow, these are manly men, whereas when Fred from next door goes out in leather pants, he's a mo. Anyone see anything wrong here?

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
*Gives Latte a wink.. Come 'ere cutiepie.

Mr_Pink

Don Juan
Reaction score
So Latte... you comfortable getting a facial??

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only argument I have about this metrosexual b.s. is that WOMEN are making MEN like this..

I feel sorry for women..because they have to go through sooo many rituals just to compete with other women (shave, have beautiful skin, make-up, workout, be skinny) and always depressing themselves reading beauty magazines they can NEVER compete with

If we MEN accept whats going on with all this..soon .. Men will be the ones saying "Does my ass look fat in these jeans?" "Do you think I look Fat?" "Ohh I cant go outside! I have a pimple on my nose!"

This is NOT right..(REad the part about MEN getting TRIPLE the amount of plastic surgery since 3 years ago)

If you want to take good care of yourself with all this stuff..FINE..but don't start glamourizing this "Metrosexual" stuff and equating it to guys like Brad pitt/George Clooney (2 guys every guy would kill to look like and be like)

This is bad news .. and I hope the REAL men step up..and laugh at this crap..and start embracing their manhood (chappy hands, scars, dirty hair, and not giving too much ado about how they will look and be judged by women)

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why does doing things to make yourself look and feel good 'gay'?

Take two guys, both guys are equally good looking and good at picking up girls, at a club, where appearance is the first thing.
Guy one is wearing a $10 SUPERCUTS cut with 'LA Looks' gel, and an old navy outfit including baggy jeans and a basic Tshirt. His skin is a nice pale white, except for the cuts and bruises he got playing football and a few pimples here or there.
Guy two has a nice salon cut that looks like it came out of the red carpet at the oscars, he's wearing a fitted T which fills in nicely to his body built in the gym, and bootcut jeans with a nice pair of shoes. His skin is smooth, tanned, and blemish free.

A girl sees these two guys, USUALLY which will she be more attracted to at first sight? Women, as non-superficial as they say, are superficial. What makes a guy a 'homo' if he does things that'll make him look good for the ladies?

Whatever, im totally with you again, Mr. Latte, leave these low-brow redneck people wallow in their own ignorance.

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Latte
How is it that taking care of yourself is girly? It's not queer to go to the gym, so why is it gay to take care of the skin that covers those muscles? It's not gay to take a shower and use soap, so why's it queer to use facial cleanser? Who made it gay to get your cut by a hairdresser rather than a barber? Or to be well dressed? The ladies love Brad Pitt, but he wouldn't be who he is if it weren't for his manicures, pedicures, body polishes, facials, clay masks, moisturizing, personal shopping attendants, hairstylists, etc. Taking care of your body is an investment for today, as well as for old age. When you're 45 and look 70, don't come *****ing to those of us who take care of ourselves.
Would you have a problem with guys wearing makeup? It's not any different than that other stuff you find acceptable. The answer to your question is because unlike women who try to attract men with their looks alone, a man's role is not to stand there and look pretty in hopes that someone will approach them. His role is to provide things like safety, food to eat..

If you really think that the key to Brad Pitt's appeal is his clay masks and body polishes, you're deluding yourself. The key is his fame, his riches, his natural looks, and the snowball effect that happens when people say a celeb is desirable which makes him even more desirable. If Brad Pitt was a cashier and did all of the manicure stuff, he wouldn't get any more action than your average good looking guy, or any more than if he didn't do the facial stuff.

We call these manicures and facials feminine traits because there's no benefit in it for men. As the ones who get approached based off of looks, it makes a little sense for women to spend all their time in shops and with clothes in the hopes of making themselves appear a little more attractive than the next woman. Men are the doers, the action takers. Men are judged by what they are capable of and what they have done. No man should worry and no female would care if they saw a man in the morning before he had "put his face on". It is a distinctly feminine trait to worry about the nuances of your face and nails.

If a man gets a wrinkle, no one cares, it might actually make him look more distinguished. Men are physically desirable through a huge range of ages and weights, unlike women. If you're 45 and don't have baby smooth skin, no one cares. Women will just call you "rugged".

I've based most of my arguments about your appeal to women, because that's the only reason you would do those things. It's certainly not to impress men, because they won't notice or care. Other men will also judge you on your actions. All that stuff about doing it for yourself is also delusionary crap. You only change your looks for other people. Doing it for yourself just means it makes you feel better because, you think you look better to other people.

Bud Wiser

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, I read it and just got back from an extended trip driving the porcelain bus.

This is nothing new. (Alan Alda and his kind started all this "sensitive guy" nonsense thirty some-odd years ago, so we can place the kernel of blame squarely on his scrawny shoulders.) What's happened now is that the marketing world has stuck a fancy sounding moniker on the wussies of this world.

Now I've got one for y'all --

What's going to happen they "discover" the DJ movement? Aw heck, I can answer that one myself. They'll get it all wrong, slap a smart-ass name on it and the whole thing will blow over in about a year. Why? Because much of what we do is so profoundly counter-intuitive and sometimes politically incorrect that it won't make any sense to the "civilians."

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ya know I do things like take good care of my skin, workout , dress well, eat right, etc..

and I get that women call me a "pretty boy" alot..and I really hate that..shyat my fingernails are dirty..I wear dirty socks, change my underwear 2-3 x a week..and eat my food like a savage at a dinner table..

if doing these small things to upkeep my appearance..makes me a pretty boy..I wonder how women will view these Overly self coscious guys

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sonick182 you're taking things to the extreme. You see being DJ has always had looking good and taking care of yourself in its core. But Facials and Manicures are just too much!

Why is that you look at the situation so black and white like? On one side you see an effeminate man and on the other you see a dirty greasy redneck.

There is a golden middle you know? That middle is the DJ. The DJ does take care of himself. He wears stylish, but casual clothes. He does go to a hairdresser sometimes, but he does NOT obsess about his hair and spend 1 hour on it before going to town. He does take care of his skin in that he nurtures his skin (the old fashioned soap+water way). But he does NOT obsess with his face, get a facial or have a collection of fruit scented skincare products. Are you following me here? Do you see the difference?

And don't say that everyone who prefers not to get a facial is a redneck or I'm a slap ya silly you cute litlle metrosexual you.

C'mon group hug ya all. We be redneck and all so lets go and shoot some spit or sumthin'

And quick: Loved your reply-almost bible worthy.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad Starman and Quick get it.

Taking care of yourself is one thing, but that article took it to the extreme.
Brad Pitt and George Clooney are sex symbols.....They make money off of being bigger than the rest of us. It's the enigma, and illusion that we see. They're supposed to look 110% all the time.
Behind the scenes, though I'm sure they're regular uguys like us. You probably don't hear them saying, "Oh fudge, I broke a nail!!"

That article is utter B.S.

Quick, your response explained it so well.

We don't need to attract women with our looks, we're providers.. Facials and manicures....Puh-lease!!!!!!!

I can't imagine it.
I honestly can't imagine myself or any other "REAL" man going to some "gay"spa.
Those places are for women, not men.

Mr. Latte,

Now don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with being well groomed. Using skin cream and such to maintain a healthy complexion is a sign of good personal hygiene.

The "Metrosexual Man" as the article describes is taking things way too far.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BadAssCanadian, I disagree. I think it's up to ever man to judge what "too far" is. If you're comfortable, and can feel like a man while getting pedicures, you're more of a man for it. If you can't, by all means, don't get them. A lot of this is regional. Where I'm from, this stuff isn't only accepted, it's EXPECTED in many circles.

If you think it's gay, that's your call, and that's fine. Some do, some don't. Learn to live with it, and remember; there are guys who look at YOU and say "look at that queer, with his toothpaste and daily showers." Nobody's womanizing anyone, but if a guy feels like improving his appearance is gonna help with the ladies, it can't hurt.

Someone asked if I was confortable with the thought of a guy wearing makeup. I'd never do it personally, but if it makes you more confident in your looks, and you're comfortable enough to do it, have fun. Wear lipstick and a red wig for all I care. I don't define my manhood by how many other people I can put down for being "sissies."