Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The "Metrosexual"...effeminate men now have a name. LOL

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I don't know where you're from but I have never heard of a man getting a manicure or a facial around here.

A friend of mine's wife owns a day-spa, and all her clients are women. She said, she gets the occasional man, but she said most of them were openly gay.

That kinda proves the point of this entire argument.

I guess the Metrosexuals haven't hit here yet. We're still swimming in a sea of AFC's:D

To each his own.

You get your manicure, I'm gonna ride my dirt bikes.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's why they're called METROsexuals. It's a big city thing. Miami, NYC, Boston, Chicago, L.A. Not only do men go to spas, but there are plenty of men's only spas. Its not uncommon or @ all gay for a man here to get a manicure. It's seen as part of "looking good." But like everything else, things begin in the big cities, and then trickly down to the burbs. Same as with fashion. If you took the latest fasion trends from the city, and wore them out in the burbs, you'd look like a moron. But in the city, nobody'd give you a second look.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed, but I live in a city, too

And yes, I dress pretty crazy-like.
My style is very Bad Boy/Rockstar type of clothing....I stand out, even in the city.

I really think that Manicures and Pedicures are a bit too much, though. It just seems like a very feminine thing to do, that's all.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol Latte

So what makes a metrosexual man? He's been defined as a straight, sensitive, well-educated, urban dweller who is in touch with his feminine side. He may have a standing appointment for a weekly manicure, and he probably has his hair cared for by a stylist rather than a barber. He loves to shop, he may wear jewelry, and his bathroom counter is most likely filled with male-targeted grooming products, including moisturizers (and perhaps even a little makeup). He may work on his physique at a fitness club (not a gym) and his appearance probably gets him lots of attention -- and he's delighted by every stare.

Not the gym, the 'fitness club'.

That whole sensitive is bull**** - women don't want sensitive guys, 30 year old - scratch that. 40 year olds or your mother are the ones that will tell u all that bull. Being in 'touch with your feminine side' has always been the worst thing a man can be. Sure - u can be in touch with it, but u better make sure the ladies you are running after don't know about it. Only thing u'll get are ugly, desperate and highly emotionally challenged females.

That I know.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see nothing wrong with, dressing well, working out and styling hair but to go out of your way to have ... smooth skin? pedicure? manicure? ooooh hell nan.

That's just gay. (yes very original comment but I mean it litterally)

Sides the metroman is just another synonym for the 'pretty boy'. Pretty boy works wonders in high school N in the hollywood scene but in the REAL world? no.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
didn't the guy from the movie American psycho get facials? he was one ****ed up dude.

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched something with Puff Daddy on MTV and he was getting a manicure and a pedicure.

I've been told I have better than average hands and some women actually thought I got manicures. One described them as "b!tch hands". Despite what you guys say, I don't see anything wrong with it. Women like guys to have nice hands and feet. Women LOVE when a guy has soft skin.

On this subject, I don't think it should matter what we think but what women think. The women that are the types we "really" want, prefer men that have nice hands and feet, works out, has nice skin on his face and the rest of his body (scars don't count, I'm talking about acne). The guys that are against this are afraid to be looked at as gay. I had a girlfriend that use to give me manicures and pedicures all the time. She really liked doing it and she liked the results. I liked that she liked it.

Quick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MR_PERFECT
I watched something with Puff Daddy on MTV and he was getting a manicure and a pedicure.

I've been told I have better than average hands and some women actually thought I got manicures. One described them as "b!tch hands". Despite what you guys say, I don't see anything wrong with it. Women like guys to have nice hands and feet. Women LOVE when a guy has soft skin.

On this subject, I don't think it should matter what we think but what women think. The women that are the types we "really" want, prefer men that have nice hands and feet, works out, has nice skin on his face and the rest of his body (scars don't count, I'm talking about acne). The guys that are against this are afraid to be looked at as gay. I had a girlfriend that use to give me manicures and pedicures all the time. She really liked doing it and she liked the results. I liked that she liked it.
People keep bringing up celebrities as if it adds something to the conversation. It doesn't. Puff Daddy can wear pink furs and feathered boas every day and still get women. When you're rich and famous and attractive, you will have groupies no matter what you do. Because the girls already want them for other reasons, anything they do will be seen as a good thing. Manicures are an effect of who he is, not a cause. We on the other hand can't wear pink furs or leather pants and still get the same respect.

Note: You already had the girlfriend. You didn't get her because of the manicures. She wanted you first when you didn't have them. Your girl was interacting with you, being close to you, and putting her mark on you. I'm sure she loved that more than anything. All females require from guys is to be clean cut, NOT dolled up. Trimmed nails, not polished nails. Clean, not foliated to your third skin layer. Anything above the basics makes no difference in your desirability to women. The only thing that I hear universally from females is that effeminate men are a turn off. You can miss a chance because you're too pretty, but you won't lose one because you're not pretty enough. I've heard girls say "he acts like a girl, it's not attractive." I've never heard a girl say "his skin is real smooth, I want to f*ck him."

You will never get girls because of your facials. If she likes you because of your personality and your actions, then she might admire your face. But the difference between you getting a girl and not getting one will never be the smoothness of your skin. If you're a desirable man, she will never turn you down because you don't have a pedicure or facial or didn't take enough yoga classes. If you don't exhibit those action characteristics of a male, all of the mud baths in the world won't make you into a desired mate. So going to spas and getting pedicures as a way to attract women is a waste of time. They won't make one bit of difference.

MR_PERFECT

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Quick
People keep bringing up celebrities as if it adds something to the conversation. It doesn't. Puff Daddy can wear pink furs and feathered boas every day and still get women. When you're rich and famous and attractive, you will have groupies no matter what you do. Because the girls already want them for other reasons, anything they do will be seen as a good thing. Manicures are an effect of who he is, not a cause. We on the other hand can't wear pink furs or leather pants and still get the same respect.

Note: You already had the girlfriend. You didn't get her because of the manicures. She wanted you first when you didn't have them. Your girl was interacting with you, being close to you, and putting her mark on you. I'm sure she loved that more than anything. All females require from guys is to be clean cut, NOT dolled up. Trimmed nails, not polished nails. Clean, not foliated to your third skin layer. Anything above the basics makes no difference in your desirability to women. The only thing that I hear universally from females is that effeminate men are a turn off. You can miss a chance because you're too pretty, but you won't lose one because you're not pretty enough. I've heard girls say "he acts like a girl, it's not attractive." I've never heard a girl say "his skin is real smooth, I want to f*ck him."

You will never get girls because of your facials. If she likes you because of your personality and your actions, then she might admire your face. But the difference between you getting a girl and not getting one will never be the smoothness of your skin. If you're a desirable man, she will never turn you down because you don't have a pedicure or facial or didn't take enough yoga classes. If you don't exhibit those action characteristics of a male, all of the mud baths in the world won't make you into a desired mate. So going to spas and getting pedicures as a way to attract women is a waste of time. They won't make one bit of difference.
Good points.

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I made a post about this earlier. But this thread is wildly more active.
Taking care of yourself is one thing. Getting facials, manicures, pedicures, all day gay spa gettaways with you and your poodle, are crossing the line.
So a guy has a vegetarian cookout and he invites his whole yoga class for botox injections. I call that gay but I'm sure the truth is I'm juspt plain ol silly willy uneducated.
I guarantee acting gay (now called metrosexual) will reduce your datable population by 95%. Because ---> NO <--- girl wants to date some dude who has better nails and clothes than her, and threatens her feminimity.

Reaction score
Funny I just posted this report that I took from a e-book file on my computer on another posting board today:

This fit's into the pimp style of behavior, It supports what I've been saying about not being passive and being more of a man:

Holding Out for a Hero
Women, even the most independent of heterosexual women, tend to respond very, very powerfully to a primitive archetype: the powerful man. When women get involved with men they don’t view as “powerful”— when they date “nice guys” and “good providers,” it’s often because they’ve been hurt by guys they’ve found more exciting. And that fantasy of the powerful, exciting man is almost always latent, and therefore something you can tap into.

Mr. Powerful is the guy you find in romance novels. Of course, in
romance novels he’s always rich and handsome, tall of stature, deep of
voice, and broad of shoulder, but those, for our purposes, aren’t his most important attributes. The important attributes are products of belief and behavior, and therefore, things you can adopt and demonstrate, in a way that excites the women you meet.

What are the attributes of the powerful man?

First, independence.
The hero doesn’t need her. Moreover, he frequently rejects her in subtle ways. He often leans away from her and moves away from her, out of arm’s reach. His body language, facial expression, and vocal tone frequently deliver nonverbal messages of “I don’t need you; you need me” or “You’re not important” or “You’re not good enough” or “You’re disappointing me.”

Second, the hero has plans and objectives, a path he’s chosen for himself. These things don’t center around her. As far as the hero is concerned, she can stay or go. Whatever she does or thinks or feels won’t sway him from his path. If she’s really, really lucky—if she proves again and again how worthy she is—maybe he will let her have a place in his life.But she will never be the center of his life.

Third, the hero is determined. The hero knows what he’s doing,
knows where he’s going, and goes after what he wants until he gets it. Nothing sways him, and he doesn’t ***** or whine about mistakes or errors. Make it absolutely clear that your aims are the only things that really matterto you.

Fourth, the hero is greater and more special than she is—he
doesn’t put her on a pedestal; instead, he occasionally lifts her up to his pedestal, and usually just allows her to fantasize him doing it. The rule is this: He must always demonstrate that he regards himself and his aims as more important than her aims and her needs. While women love intimacy,when it comes to love, they usually want intimacy with someone they see as greater, rather than someone they see as a mere equal.

Fifth, he challenges her. In practice, this sometimes means
undermining her confidence--and as we’ve mentioned, when you do this, when you subtly or not so subtly reject or downgrade her, she’ll often find it stimulating and energizing. Use the following formulas: “Too bad you aren’t/don’t X” and “If only you were/could X”.

When you challenge her or criticize her, she’ll often become
motivated to prove her worthiness. You should occasionally point out her shortcomings, and most importantly, contemptuously point out her behavior when she tries to play games.

You can also be challenging by being a) volcanic and/or b) remote. To achieve the effect of Amorous Vulcanism, you should raise your voice, make melodramatic physical gestures, be impatient, smolder, glower.

Occasionally act very angry. Your intensity will reinforce her sense that, in being with you, she’s part of something exciting.

To be remote, use silence a great deal. Silence, in combination with eye contact, is very powerful. After you deliver a script, make eye contact and hold it silently—this will usually encourage her to process what you’ve said even more thoroughly. Also, don’t talk about yourself very much, except in relation to your plans and your objectives.

Your silence lets her project her romantic fantasies all the more thoroughly. Don’t talk about your doubts or errors. Silence can have the cruel but useful effect of heightening her anxieties. And in worrying about whether she’s about to lose you, she sees your value grow. And in seeing your value grow, she feels prouder of the relationship and more fulfilled.

Perhaps the best approach is to alternate Angry Intensity with Cold Inaccessibility. These behaviors, of course, are the sticks—the carrots, which should form the basis of your relationship, are the good feelings you create through regular verbal stimulation. As much as possible, say only things that will induce strong states in her—induce strong positive feelings, negative feelings, positive feelings—and not much else.

Pump up her emotions, and then give her lots of silence. Ignore her. When you do venture something personal or reveal vulnerability, it’ll seem like a reward, and a mark of how Deep your relationship is becoming.

Bear in mind, though, that when women complain about a lack of
communication, they’re usually upset at the lack of pleasurable verbal
stimulation—that is, the lack of those kinds of experiences which this report has taught you to create. When you provide regular verbal stimulation and feed her plenty of bubblewords, “communication” will seldom be an issue.

One might think: Hey, you’ve pretty much just recommended
behaving like a Neanderthal.
Yes. Bear in mind that if you ask a woman about the sort of behaviors
described above, she’ll almost surely describe them as reprehensible and very unattractive. What does she like? Well, she’ll probably say, she really likes nice, patient, respectful, loyal guys who treat her really well…

On the other hand, if you simply manifest the sort of behaviors
described above, she’ll tell all her friends what an exciting guy she’s met.

Review
Women find you more attractive when you display the following attributes:
1. Independence. You don’t need her; she needs you.
2. Focus. Your goals are more important than anything else, including her.
3. Determination. You persist in the face of obstacles.
4. Superiority (to her and others). You’re the elusive prize; she should feel
that not losing you is a challenge in itself.
5. Alternating Intensity and Coolness. On occasion, be rude, challenging,
provocative, and/or frustrating—it’s much better to piss her off than to
bore her.

MoAF

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats the matter, you guys don't have the balls to spend an hr or so @ a salon so you can look your best? Grow up. I'm a metrosexual, and damn prowed. I'm blessed with good genes, but the time/effort I put into my apearence is what makes me really stand out. I shop about an hr a week average, but 2x a year I spend about 20 hrs shopping for summer or winter. I keep my nails filed and clean, my skin moisturized, and I use a multitude of hair-care products. I use an un-scented anti-persperant so my calogne [which correlates with my natural scent] isn't competing with any other smells.

You know what... @ the end of the day, I'm a better man for it. The dicipline it takes to look your best 95% of your waking hours translates into other aspects of life, and I'm pretty successful.

On pink shirts - I own a few pink shirts... last time I wore my pink express 1MX shirt 3 women approached ME on 2 seperate occations in the hour I was at the mall.

HOWEVER... I definatly do not agree with the steriotypical effeminate man. You still need balls, you need to be the man in-charge, and you still need to think logically and control your emotions.

But all-in-all I'm with latte

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MoAF
Whats the matter, you guys don't have the balls to spend an hr or so @ a salon so you can look your best? Grow up. I'm a metrosexual, and damn prowed. I'm blessed with good genes, but the time/effort I put into my apearence is what makes me really stand out. I shop about an hr a week average, but 2x a year I spend about 20 hrs shopping for summer or winter. I keep my nails filed and clean, my skin moisturized, and I use a multitude of hair-care products. I use an un-scented anti-persperant so my calogne [which correlates with my natural scent] isn't competing with any other smells.

You know what... @ the end of the day, I'm a better man for it. The dicipline it takes to look your best 95% of your waking hours translates into other aspects of life, and I'm pretty successful.

On pink shirts - I own a few pink shirts... last time I wore my pink express 1MX shirt 3 women approached ME on 2 seperate occations in the hour I was at the mall.

HOWEVER... I definatly do not agree with the steriotypical effeminate man. You still need balls, you need to be the man in-charge, and you still need to think logically and control your emotions.
I agree with Lorenzo. You guys are getting a little too homophobic about this topic.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can also be challenging by being a) volcanic and/or b) remote. To achieve the effect of Amorous Vulcanism, you should raise your voice, make melodramatic physical gestures, be impatient, smolder, glower.
Occasionally act very angry. Your intensity will reinforce her sense that, in being with you, she’s part of something exciting.
Yes! Be fake! Great advice, excellent!

Ar7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Makeups and facial surgeries for men??

They may as well start wearing skirts and high heels, join the rest of the cross dressers out there!!

Interesting world we live in ai...

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaultier has been designing men's skirts for the last 20 years, but they don't have enough mainstream appeal that you're gonna see Normal McAverage walking down the street in one. Hedi Slimane and Yoshi Yamamoto both have makeup collections for men. Would I think it were a bit odd if I saw a guy wearing either of these? Sure I would. But I'm comfortable enough with my own heterosexuality that I don't have to insult and belittle those who wear them. Like they say...you most hate the things you see in yourself. It's sad that people are so afraid to be seen as gay that they'll lash out at anything they can label as fruity. Grow a pair of balls and stop being afraid what the guy next to you thinks of you. These "sissies" have the confidence to do what they wish, without caring what others think...and the so called "manly men" are hiding behind their homophobia. Good job, you should be proud.

Ar7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Latte you seem to know a lot about the whole MS stuff. So when will we see you come out of your closet? (no offence just kiddin dude ;))

Eh when this this site become the soMETROSEXUAL.com!!

StockTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is:

Beauty products have been forever linked to women, and that link isn't going away anytime soon. Why can a guy use hair gel to make his hair look good, yet if he uses a facial cleanser, he's gay?? I think theres a pretty big business opportunity for the beauty industry to re make male products. Get them out of the same isle as womens products. Give products different names, not "facial cleansers", give the products a more masculine image. Get rid of the stigma and I think alot of guys would use them.

Guy use supplements to have a good body. They buy the right clothes, they put some gel in their hair, they brush their teeth,....but they can't have nice skin? This is a huge market to tap into.

Ar7

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am no way objecting taking care of your skin, as in using a proper clenser and putting on some moisturiser for dry skin.

But putting on lip stick, eye lashes, nail polish is a bit too much for most males to comprehend. Might as well get your ba.lls removed and grow some tit.s.