Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Holy Grail of Dating

Odysseus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
good novel

Maximus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DarkDream:

You possess the most powerful tool to power and success: the ability to choose - the will of the spirit.

You have the choice. Choose life, choose happiness, choose power.
LET GO. DIG IN.

A philosophy I have come to live by recently, with the help of this board and my own life experiences. Your post articulated to the nth degree what I have been thinking for a while now.

A true writer has the ability to articulate through analogy and story what someone else is thinking. It's the "Holy Crap, that's me!" reaction as you read something.

I would like to know your thoughts on my not-so-little article a while back.

http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/010375.html

Nothing revelational to a lot of people here. I just wanted to make my first post a complilation of thoughts and experiences so far in life. I also wanted to help RoadWarrior with his "6 Women" predicament. Don't we all wish for that! LOL

I think it would dovetail nicely with your article. Yours was definitley more concrete to comprehend I believe. Whenever I say to myself "Let go and dig in", your article is what I will be thinking of.

Excellent post.

Maximus

------------------
The Way of The
Simpleton - A
simpleton: lays down
no first law, takes
everything that
happens as it comes.
The simplicity of the
truly sophisticated.

---- Bruce Lee

Drew

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WildThang:

But now - what are you going to do about it?
Yes... what are all the chumps going to do about it?

DarkDream

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WildThang:
Okay - you got it right on the nose. The 'I'm taking you home' scenario was perfect - definitely the difference between a DJ and an AFC.

Definitely Bible material too.

But now - what are you going to do about it?
Find me some hunting grounds.

--DD

DarkDream

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maximus:
LET GO. DIG IN.

A philosophy I have come to live by recently, with the help of this board and my own life experiences. Your post articulated to the nth degree what I have been thinking for a while now.

A true writer has the ability to articulate through analogy and story what someone else is thinking. It's the "Holy Crap, that's me!" reaction as you read something.

I would like to know your thoughts on my not-so-little article a while back.

http://www.sosuave.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/010375.html

Nothing revelational to a lot of people here. I just wanted to make my first post a complilation of thoughts and experiences so far in life. I also wanted to help RoadWarrior with his "6 Women" predicament. Don't we all wish for that! LOL

I think it would dovetail nicely with your article. Yours was definitley more concrete to comprehend I believe. Whenever I say to myself "Let go and dig in", your article is what I will be thinking of.

Excellent post.

Maximus

It was really funny Maximus. I was around half way through writing my post when I noticed your post. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the type of things you were talking about (letting go especially) were directly relating to what I was producing.

It's almost eerie how your and Drifter's Bruce Lee quotes both reflected what I was saying (the ultimate warrior's mindset I think is akin to a hunter's).

If I had to summarize what I wrote in 10 words or less, I would use the phrases you came up with:

LET GO. JUST DO IT. DIG IN.

And add the one essential one: CHOOSE.

For all the people that read my post, you probably were among the ones that it really touched. When you write something and it starts resonating with a lot of people, it is a good sign you are on the right track. I think were both on the right track.

Thanks for your input, buddy.

--DD

DarkDream

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PortugueseMeatball:
DarkDream,

First of all, I want to thank you. For the last week or so I've been really bummed, I don't know why. You REALLY uplifted my spirit. And I will SURELY use this post if I ever face a loss of vital energy!

This was genuinely a herculean task, writing this post!!! Great job! I've only read about 25% of it and I totally agree with you.

I've acquired this way of thinking about what each sex seeks on the other after reading a chapter from the book "The Selfish Gene" by R. Dawkins (forgot the first name...). He discusses that each sex uses criteria to select a sexual partner based on external appearances. The final product is selecting a partner that maximizes the chances of survival of the offspring. A strong, healthy individual denounces that he has a strong immune system, and it is most likely to pass it on to the children, whereas a weak and ill individual may pass that illness to the offspring. This results in lost time -- the other partner could've used that time to help giving birth to the offspring from a healtier individual! This is a very biological-oriented view, but you may try to find a relation within the human species -- which you argumented reasonably, at least I haven't found any objections so far to your reasoning!

I'm to blame for not having post on this subject already! I've tried to write a small post about this, which became an essay, and it got so big, which sections, and subsections and... oh damn, I simply gave up because I felt it would became so heavy that nobody would read it. Fortunately, you proved me wrong by showing that it can be elaborated in an interesting fashion. Great job!

TCOY, DarkDream

[This message has been edited by PortugueseMeatball (edited 01-14-2002).]
I've read a lot of Richard Dawkins books, am a great fan of Desmond Morris, and Edward O. Wilson (his book "On Human Virtue" I found fascinating). I have big science background and have found evolutionary psychology invaluable in understanding human beings.

Meatball, go ahead and read the rest of my post: the heart and real crux of it comes later.

--DD

PortugueseMeatball

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DarkDream:
I've read a lot of Richard Dawkins books, am a great fan of Desmond Morris, and Edward O. Wilson (his book "On Human Virtue" I found fascinating). I have big science background and have found evolutionary psychology invaluable in understanding human beings.

Meatball, go ahead and read the rest of my post: the heart and real crux of it comes later.

--DD

Hi DD,

I've read the remaining of your post. It's A+ as I expected from the few I've read before, and I'm glad!

What is really good about your post, I think, is that you didn't merely presented the hunter-gatherer possible mentality, but actually transposed it to the DJ behavior. Very well done!

Although I only skimmed Dawkins' book I found it interesting (mental note: fetch it again).
As for backgrounds, what's yours? Mine is considerably far from biology or psychology; I've graduated in physics, but I've allways found these subjects very interesting nevertheless... Living, breathing, thinking, walking things are certainly more interesting to watch than high-energy phenomena! It never ceases to amaze me...

TCOY

Nannu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you very much DarkStar. I am truly inspired. I hope you continue to post writing of this caliber in the future.

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh My-God!

This is really a f#cking good post!!!!

It must be given credits for it!

IDJ standing up clapping his hands to acknowlegde the good work!

RookieDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
this is a very sexy posts, one of the best i have read here.

I agreee completely. The AFC falls victim to his surroundings (the girls reactions) and fails to act with patience, while the
DJ/Master Hunter creates his own destiny, decides the enviorment which he wants to live in,acts with patience never stressing, and ultimately has success with females.

Currently id say that i am in the middle of these two, but i now know what it truly takes to be what i want to be ---- a hunter. Thank you for this post it has the ability to be life changing for many people.

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Very abstract ideas with the big picture in mind. These well-executed qualities are what separates this post from a typical tip post. Extremely entertaining and informative.

Definite DJ Bible material. I especially like the AFC vs. DJ Hunter part; if you decide to revise this work, consider putting it earlier to keep readers hooked and entertained. Readers owe it to themselves to stay motivated and read the entire work.

Odysseus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
good job, i see you're point, and evolutionary logic has helped me too. It has been said before, and I agree.

But I think the post you made on the legend of bagger vance was more worth it. this is older stuff whereas that post was gold.

Don the Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice Job DD!!!

After a recomendation from WildThang and Taz, I looked for this post to help me get through a breakup. Boy did it hit the mark.

"How is this emotion serving me?", "Is this fear justified/warranted?" is very profund and to the point.

This was very well said with great examples.

I look forward to reading your future tips and advice on things.

Thanks,

Legend

------------------
"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."... Ben Hogan

"The key to happiness in your life is "Your Life",... Don the Legend

KinoOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Truly a work of art.

whatsupwiddat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kino sent me this link......
I HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT.... AND IT IS GOOD....
Excellent. This is the all anyone needs to know...
Good job! i wonder how long it took you to make it?

------------------
Whatsupwiddat - Master Don Juan
AIM: HangTen3000

"THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER" - Adam Carolla

"Just Bring It!"