Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Height Factor

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5 ft 10. I've never felt self conscious about my height, because I've always thought I'm tall enough.

But recently I've started to feel a little insecure about it since I heard that my height nowadays is kinda short. As I paid attention going out I realise most guys my age are either same height or taller.

Also, people saying that all girls just want a 6 ft 1+ guy is a bit worrying. Even the girls who are really short and around 5 ft 2 demand a tall guy.

It's annoying to think my 6 ft 3 buddies have such a massive advantage over me in terms of being successful with women. I'm starting to feel a bit self conscious around them regarding this topic.

I'm even starting to feel less motivated to improve my body and clothes if I know that ultimately a taller guy can swoop in and grab the girl I want without doing all the hard work to improve himself like I am doing.

Is there any truth to this, and would you say it's possible to be a ladies man at my height or shorter?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But recently I've started to feel a little insecure about it since I heard that my height nowadays is kinda short. As I paid attention going out I realise most guys my age are either same height or taller.

Also, people saying that all girls just want a 6 ft 1+ guy is a bit worrying. Even the girls who are really short and around 5 ft 2 demand a tall guy./
I'm 5'10". I wouldn't mind being taller but I wouldn't lose sleep over it. It's kind of strange when you say that height is kind of short "nowadays" because that is actually average height for a man, and people in general are taller now than they were 200 years ago.

It's true that women in general like tall men, and being 6 foot seems to be some sort of benchmark where you are considered "tall". Being tall is an advantage, but I don't know if I would characterize it as a "massive" advantage. Certainly being average height is far from being a dealbreaker. I would think you have to be quite a bit shorter to worry about your height being a disadvantage.

One thing I do is stand up straight and try to have good posture - be relaxed about it though, don't walk around like you've got a stick up your butt. That way you maximize what you have, and if you look around, you'll notice that there are actually quite a few guys who aren't as tall as you.

It almost seems like the shorter the girl, the more they want a tall guy. And that makes sense in a way, because the smaller they are, the more they need a male for protection, to intimidate others, and reach things on tall shelves.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there any truth to this, and would you say it's possible to be a ladies man at my height or shorter?
Whenever a female talks about any "type," especially when it's physical (or even financial) it's ALWAYS in the abstract, and it's ALWAYS without considering any specific personality.

I'd just take whatever they say, nod as if you agree (either literally or metaphorically) and then forget about it.

For girls, personality is more important than even they realize, and certainly more than guys realize. But since guys really DO primarily care about beauty/youth, it's hard to fathom otherwise.

It's kind of like food. You may be talking about how you want to eat a certain diet with a certain ratio of protein, etc, but when somebody walks by with a plate of nachos, your criteria goes out the window and all you want is nachos.

Women are like that with men. They're descriptions of what's important are abstract. Personality wins every time.

However, this is hard to see if you are self-conscious about your height. It gives you a "false positive." You are self conscious about your height, and get rejected (for example), and maybe even they say it's because of your height.

But it's really your insecurity about your height she's rejecting. And because insecurity is something that's hard to describe, and because girls don't like to think, they tend to give you a reason which matches that which you are insecure about.

This sounds a little law-of-attraction-ish, but if YOU don't care, they won't either. But you have to REALLY not care, not just pretend to not care.

If you REALLY don't care, nobody else will.

Once I dated a Korean girl for over two years, and she kept wondering how in the heck she ended up with a white guy, when before she met me she swore she would NEVER date a white guy.

Think of EVERYTHING a girl says as a test. Nod your head as if you agree with it, and then forget it. (unless of course, she's saying Stop! Police! Somebody help!).

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5 ft 10. I've never felt self conscious about my height, because I've always thought I'm tall enough.

Also, people saying that all girls just want a 6 ft 1+ guy is a bit worrying. Even the girls who are really short and around 5 ft 2 demand a tall guy.

It's annoying to think my 6 ft 3 buddies have such a massive advantage over me in terms of being successful with women. I'm starting to feel a bit self conscious around them regarding this topic.

I'm even starting to feel less motivated to improve my body and clothes if I know that ultimately a taller guy can swoop in and grab the girl I want without doing all the hard work to improve himself like I am doing.

LOL... I am in the same boat... 5,9!... I am every day like.... hum I thought I was tall!

Well now we know why short people improve their game by being ''more social'' ''more ambitious'' and stronger game overall and attention craving...

Height does reassure a woman.... Being tall does give a point when it comes to the checklist of the other gender. ''I only date taller guys words''

Both no worries.... guys over 6ft6 have insecurity issues... I know personnally 3 that are over 7 foot... 1 has a 5,2 girl, 1 a 6ft, 1 5ft7 but wear super high heels.... but they avoid CROWD like crazy

And yes... not uncommon to see the super short girl with the super tall guy.... opposite attracts

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not that tall either, my father was 6'3, but because my mother is practically a midget she shrink from 5'0 to (4'10) im only around 5'10. I used to hang around out with this guy that was 6'2, but guess who got all the attention and women?

My experience has always been that being really good looking, fit, with a crisp mouth piece trumps height. And I've dated at least a few who claimed that height was a deal breaker BEFORE they met me.

The only two exceptions (well three) would be if you are below around 5'6-5'8, too damn ugly or she's just hung up on it to the point of it being a deal breaker.

One odd thing is that I've had people mistakenly judge me to be 6 feet and one person claimed that they thought i was 6'1..

Go figure :cool:

Sho-No-Luv

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Both no worries.... guys over 6ft6 have insecurity issues... I know personnally 3 that are over 7 foot... 1 has a 5,2 girl, 1 a 6ft, 1 5ft7 but wear super high heels.... but they avoid CROWD like crazy
Hmm, most of the guys i know that are really tall seem to exude super confidence all except maybe one years ago, but he was just kind of quiet.

Insecure? About what?

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mate you just can't take the s*** women say seriously. I mean look at ASD. The amount of times me and every guy have had a woman on a first date say I don't do sex on a first date. Half an hour later what I hear from them is I want you behind me. And then the inevitable I don't normally do that.

And the mythical 'type'. If a woman tells you you're not her type it's either a sh1t test or you've made her vagina dry up.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Lmfao. Your far from short. I'm 5'5" and I don't have a problem finding women to date. I only go for girls my height or shorter. I'm sure I would have more success if I was tall, but there's nothing you can do about that. The key is to improve yourself in everything else. What women say and actually want are usually totally different.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The amount of times me and every guy have had a woman on a first date say I don't do sex on a first date. Half an hour later what I hear from them is I want you behind me. And then the inevitable I don't normally do that.
Normal Female Communication Structure

8:00 PM I never have sex with a guy unless we're really close. That usually takes a while. I've only really had one real boyfriend, and he really broke my heart, so I have trust issues.

9:00 PM: Fvck me! Harder! Harder! Yeah baby, I want to feel you CVM!

10:00 PM: Wow, I've never done that before. That is SO not me!

051AV

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with my height I'm only 5'9 but I'm broad shouldered and naturally big not fat but I'm not a gym rat either. You could be 6 feet tall and be lanky or fat. It's all about how you present yourself. I intimidate people at times it does bother me a bit Im aware of how I act around others.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think anyone's addressing the Elephant. Surely the biggest impediment to getting laid is short guy syndrome. Add that to the already hyped American personal style and you've got a recipe for extreme douchery.

Of course if you go with the bad boy Theory then maybe we could argue that short guys should get laid more

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another height thread? You guys are insecure

I'm 6'1 and it gives me no advantage. I see 5'6 guys pulling much hotter ass than I do. Short guys build muscle way easier. Imagine if you were tall and skinny like me. You'd be posting on here about how skinny guys have it hard.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Haha, you are complaining about being 5'10"? 5'10" is a good height and you have no reason to be complaining.

Hell, come to New Jersey and at 5'10" you will be taller than 60% of all other males.

I'm 5'11.5" flat footed and I feel taller than 85% of men when I go out (in NJ).

As for height, it's overrated and just an advantage.

If It was the end all be all; I would have women throwing themselves at me (I don't) You wouldn't see men under 5'9" with hot women (I do) and lastly, if height was so important, how come short men have not gone extinct?

5'10 is a good height!