Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Height Factor

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5 ft 10. I've never felt self conscious about my height, because I've always thought I'm tall enough.

But recently I've started to feel a little insecure about it since I heard that my height nowadays is kinda short. As I paid attention going out I realise most guys my age are either same height or taller.

Also, people saying that all girls just want a 6 ft 1+ guy is a bit worrying. Even the girls who are really short and around 5 ft 2 demand a tall guy.

It's annoying to think my 6 ft 3 buddies have such a massive advantage over me in terms of being successful with women. I'm starting to feel a bit self conscious around them regarding this topic.

I'm even starting to feel less motivated to improve my body and clothes if I know that ultimately a taller guy can swoop in and grab the girl I want without doing all the hard work to improve himself like I am doing.

Is there any truth to this, and would you say it's possible to be a ladies man at my height or shorter?
I'm 5'8" and I've never given it a thought a day in my life and it hasn't seemed to hinder me either. If you can't control it, no reason to worry about it.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Connor McGregor is 5'9", Floyd Mayweather is 5'8", and Tom Cruise is 5'7"...

Listen to a woman's actions...
You're right. Those guys get tons of women.

But for I'd say for most cases, the women they get are promised money a lavish lifestyle and status for sleeping with them. That's nothing special since you can damn near look like anything, but if you offer most women off the street lots of money resources etc, they will sleep with you at least once to gain access of the resources/benefits.

The problem here is that their women are not sleeping with them based on sexual attraction to them, it's based on material gain.

Unfortunately it leaves me unable to determine how sexually attractive they really are. And it leaves me unable to tell whether their height would hurt their chances given they had no money or status

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, you are complaining about being 5'10"? 5'10" is a good height and you have no reason to be complaining.

Hell, come to New Jersey and at 5'10" you will be taller than 60% of all other males.

I'm 5'11.5" flat footed and I feel taller than 85% of men when I go out (in NJ).

As for height, it's overrated and just an advantage.

If It was the end all be all; I would have women throwing themselves at me (I don't) You wouldn't see men under 5'9" with hot women (I do) and lastly, if height was so important, how come short men have not gone extinct?

5'10 is a good height!
True. I just got stuck on the fact that I can't change my height no matter what.

And that if a guy who was just as muscular, good looking, and charming as me but happened to be taller would get the girl instead of me.

But that scenario is quite rare anyways. Plus I'd imagine choosing a partner for women is also dependent on other things like your overall demeanour and style etc.

It does seem that the insecurity of height hurts your chances more than your actual height lol. I gotta stop thinking about it because it seems pointless to do so.

Epicurus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being 6'3 has always been an advantage I guess. Although I always have to fake a smile when I get the all so often creative height jokes like "how's the weather up there"
Cause I've never heard that one before

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being 6'3 has always been an advantage I guess.
Damnit, I was going to say that I am six-two and look down on everybody here. But I look up to you...just a little bit.

I was involved in mma for several years. I knew a lot of fighters. If a fighter was about 5 9" or below, he was fighting because he had short man's complex. Those guys were always best friends with their dads. If a fighter was taller than that, almost always he was not close at all to his father. There were some exceptions, but that rule was about 90% accurate. My own dad never came to watch me fight, so the rule applies to me as well.

I was 6' in junior high school. I thought I was going to be a lot taller, but I just grew early. I never had to face bullying past an elementary school age, and I am sure that helped my own confidence a lot growing up. Being tall or big does not make one bully-proof, they still have to know that you will fight back, which I did, so I got left alone. I still run into guys I know who were late-bloomers physically, small in high school but bigger than me now that we are adults. Some of them are still mad about being bullied when younger. I ran into one guy that I remember being tiny in high school. Now he is a professional arm wrestler, no joke. His arms are bigger than my legs. He told me that all of my peers bullied him, but that I never did. I was thinking, "well that's good, because now you're fvcking huge."

It sounds like I am not talking about height and women, but I am. Your height has a tendency to shape your self-image, which sucks but I think is a reality of human psychology. And your self-image is the biggest factor in whether you get laid or not. Guys who can't get girls can't do so because they really believe inside that they are not worthy. All of the things that we think are necessary, like money, power, physique, they are necessary, but only because of how they make you view yourself.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damnit, I was going to say that I am six-two and look down on everybody here. But I look up to you...just a little bit.

I was involved in mma for several years. I knew a lot of fighters. If a fighter was about 5 9" or below, he was fighting because he had short man's complex. Those guys were always best friends with their dads. If a fighter was taller than that, almost always he was not close at all to his father. There were some exceptions, but that rule was about 90% accurate. My own dad never came to watch me fight, so the rule applies to me as well.

I was 6' in junior high school. I thought I was going to be a lot taller, but I just grew early. I never had to face bullying past an elementary school age, and I am sure that helped my own confidence a lot growing up. Being tall or big does not make one bully-proof, they still have to know that you will fight back, which I did, so I got left alone. I still run into guys I know who were late-bloomers physically, small in high school but bigger than me now that we are adults. Some of them are still mad about being bullied when younger. I ran into one guy that I remember being tiny in high school. Now he is a professional arm wrestler, no joke. His arms are bigger than my legs. He told me that all of my peers bullied him, but that I never did. I was thinking, "well that's good, because now you're fvcking huge."

It sounds like I am not talking about height and women, but I am. Your height has a tendency to shape your self-image, which sucks but I think is a reality of human psychology. And your self-image is the biggest factor in whether you get laid or not. Guys who can't get girls can't do so because they really believe inside that they are not worthy. All of the things that we think are necessary, like money, power, physique, they are necessary, but only because of how they make you view yourself.
Funny how growing up, your height affects whether not you will be bullied in school or not.

I wasn't always tall (did not grow until high school) and I was picked on a lot from 6th to 9th grade (I was probably average to below average height at the time)

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I wonder about late bloomers. Do they tend to 'bloom' to become much bigger, better, and stronger people than early bloomers and the normal folks? I find this to be the case, though maybe I'm biased since I am one of those late bloomers. A lot of the guys I knew in middle school see me now and are all like 'holy sh!t what the hell happened to you? You got huge' and even the girls if I see them somehow start eying me more. A lot of them don't even recognize me until I introduce myself and even then sometimes they don't remember me right away because of how different I am.

GoodOne123

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

I always had enrolled in some form of fighting classes or martial arts after the age of 13. Karate, taekwondo, boxing are what I've done mainly. I participated in a few amateur local competitions at one point too. I've always enjoyed fighting ever since I can remember. Nowadays I mainly focus on weights and a few sparring classes for now.

But what you said about fathers is very true. I never was close to my dad either, never really had that father/son bonding thing, didn't see him most the time, even till the day he passed away we were distant.

I heard paul chek say something similar, that the common denominator between champion boxers in the military he had examined was unresolved issues with the father figure.

As for bullying, I got bullied in school despite being average height, and actually a bit stockier than my peers. I believe it was more my demeanour since I gave off a weaker vibe and my awkward puberty face. Perhaps because my mother was mainly raising me I became a little effeminate too at some point. But as I grew into my looks, toughened up and built some backbone it went away as well as the bullying.

After that my self worth was low, so it took me a while to actually believe I was worthy of girls. Even when they would throw themselves at me I would sometimes mess it up like it was a self fullfilling prophecy.

It's something I'm trying to figure out now, how to increase self worth at it's core. Because I don't want to chase money weights and power for self worth my whole life, when I know there are short guys who have none of those things yet have super high self worth. I feel like I'm missing something in how those guys become that way.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So if your a karateka y not choose a good solid style e.g. goju and explore the mental style. Kata is moving meditation.

Or if you're willing to go deeper and b more patient a Chinese internal martial art Taichung is the most famous.

Either will definitely strengthen your inner self. But make sure it's a traditional club not a 'studio'

QuadDeuces

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here in the Netherlands 99% of (younger than 40yo) males are 6ft+, females are really tall too.
Having a height more than 6'6" to be taller than average isnt really a benefit anymore, because you will look skinny and clumsy.