Suggested improvements to the Don Juan board

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I kind of like how little this board changes. I started posting here in '02 (under a different user name. McKindley, for anyone who cares. I got a new user name when I realized I was no longer an AFC and all those old posts were pretty AFC), and there's only been one huge overhaul in that time that I can remember. It used to have a picture of a cute girl at the top somewhere from what I remember.

Avatars are those things where you put up a picture under your name, right? If so, I'm not for it. I like everyone's faceless silly names. Something about seeing someone's silly online handle and then a picture of them (or worse, a picture of a mystical dragon or something that somehow is related to their personality) turns me off. If you're picture is of anything Lord of the Rings related I can't take your advice seriously, even if it's really good advice.

I do wish there was some sort of thing under a person's name (I guess this is the rep thing that is talked of?) that would let me know what the quality of the poster's advice is. A way to vote for good posters and against bad posters would be cool. Maybe when a mod or a well respected poster votes for your advice it counts more (like that guy who's name is the name of a guy from one of those giant Ayn Rand novels. His vote should count double because his advice is right on most of the time). Right now when I see someone's name at best I can remember seeing it before, but seldom can I remember if they said something I liked that made me remember the name, or something really stupid.

Reaction score
Avatars are annoying and clutter the board!! Do not clutter the board!

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another idea I just had was having a log sub-forum

A place for logs. I think it's great for people to keep public logs of their progress but not so great for them to be scattered everywhere.

I edited my original post to add in the idea.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Moderators,

WHATEVER you do, please do not change "the look" of the board by making things smaller, or by making the boxes (or whatever) a different color.

One of the COSMETIC things I appreciate the most about this place is how viewer friendly, and easily navigated that this Forum is. All you have to do is look at some other sites, and you will see how darkly-colored the screens are, how annoying the navigation is, and how unnecessarily small some of the fonts are.

Y'all ASKED, so I'm tellin' ya'...lol.

Peace...SUNday.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
VU did you know that this board has 6 choices for color scheme and format?

The bottom left corner of each page has a drop box where you can pick your theme. I'm currently using PowerBlue. So uh "the look" can be changed :p But if you like it the way it is you don't have to do anything.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
VU did you know that this board has 6 choices for color scheme and format?
:p But if you like it the way it is you don't have to do anything.

:crackup: Yo Maxtro,

No, I actually never paid attention to that...I guess it's because I DID like it the way it is. I guess the "good soldiers" here at SoSuave headquarters GOT IT RIGHT (for me, at least) the FIRST time. lol

Thanks, dude.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
:crackup: Yo Maxtro,

No, I actually never paid attention to that...I guess it's because I DID like it the way it is. I guess the "good soldiers" here at SoSuave headquarters GOT IT RIGHT (for me, at least) the FIRST time. lol

Thanks, dude.
Haha, I was about to make another "How To" picture post...

For those interested, the "Browner" scheme is the old board color.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those words are censored because the immature people would constantly use them making this place trash. If I open up a new thread and see "**** and then she ****" I immediately close it because I know there is nothing of value.

magnet7

Banned
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
Don't worry by tomorrow, I am sure there is going to be one less member, I won't tell you who it is but you know him very well.
Yeah, that's true, but my 4 other alternate usernames I access from different computers with different IPs ;)

I was actually expected magnet to be terminated last night.

Supremo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There should be a forum of only Field Reports, possibly split up into HS and 18+.

Also, it'd be cool to have a forum that discussed actual seduction methods (MM, GWM, etc.)

Something that'd be nice would be to split up the existing forums into categories, eg. Health and Fitness having subforums like "workout logs", "health related questions", "general health tips", "workout routines", "diets", etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My 2c: I'd like to have a section for FR/LR, but it should be only readable by members, as I don't want it to be indexed by search engines.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheVirtualMind said:
Haha, I was about to make another "How To" picture post...

For those interested, the "Browner" scheme is the old board color.
So, even though now I can access threads "from the beginning", when it comes to my own post history, I can only go back 500 posts it seems. Is that accurate?

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
So, even though now I can access threads "from the beginning", when it comes to my own post history, I can only go back 500 posts it seems. Is that accurate?
Yeah. Thread that haven't been replied to by a certain amount of time are deleted to same room. The only places stuff isn't deleted from is Tips and the Archives.

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Eliminate the Mature and High School Forum. The Mature Forum is depressing. The High School Forum is disturbing. Anybody can be anything on the Net. I suspect that at least 50% of those in the Mature Forum are in High School and 50% in the High School Forum have more hair on their back than on their heads. Add a travel forum.

zubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
HandyAndy said:
we should be allowed to say **** and ***** and **** and ******* and ****
instead of asterisks, there could be a filter that changes the words to harmless words. They have this on the something awful forums and its a lot easier on the eyes to see "gently caress" rather than "fvck".

also, i strongly support a rating or rep system. otherwise, how can you have any idea of the validity of someones advice?