Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

struggling to lose torso weight.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Depends on how much visceral fat is being held. Very rarely is it considered low-t. It can be due to the body storing too much fat and storing too much cortisol (stress hormone). If the dude is just overweight but 20 - 25 lbs, his testosterone is not low. There's just too many things that go into play. Not one statement or situation fits all people.
That is the thing tho...even if your T levels are in normal range, the biggest thing that a higher T level will do is reduce abdominal fat, sometimes very significantly...

There was a study down that took men with T levels near 300 and raised them to only 600 and their abdominal fat reduced by something like 30% or might have been even more... can't remember the exact amount but it was a huge number.

The point is, while increasing T levels within normal ranges will do nothing for muscle mass, it will do huge things for lowering abdominal fat.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Track yor food to have an overview of your calories. I had struggle gaining weight and tracking my meals showed me that I didn‘t get enough calories.

And try to sleep better. Do you sit in front of screens before going to bed?
Fresh air does wonders for me. Take a walk and sleep with open windows.
Do you snore?

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Telltale sign of low T is accumulation of abdominal fat and inability to lose it.
Ive been on cycles of sust and it never tightened my torso up one bit, jacked up my muscles about 5-10% but didnt burn through fat

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try not combining carbs and fats in the same meals. That's what I am trying right now. Eat a protein/carb meal before and after workouts, and then protein fat meals before bed.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Try not combining carbs and fats in the same meals. That's what I am trying right now. Eat a protein/carb meal before and after workouts, and then protein fat meals before bed.
This makes almost no difference...24 hour nutrient totals is what counts, and surprisingly macros don't really play that much of a factor either...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Ive been on cycles of sust and it never tightened my torso up one bit, jacked up my muscles about 5-10% but didnt burn through fat
Then your problem is sleep/diet related. Which makes sense, since lack of sleep causes your hunger hormones to kick into overdrive and your satiety hormones to be lessened which can lead to eating more than you normally would

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've read that it results in hyperinsulinemia.
Small picture versus big picture. In a short time frame, sure that might happen. But typically what happens is the body balances out whatever happens in a short time frame over a 24 hour period so the net results are the same.

Which is why what happens in a 2 or 3 hour period is often irrelevant because in the other 21 or 22 hours of the day the body basically self regulates back to the norm.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a couple of inches thick hard fat layer from the bottom of my rib cage down to my belly button before. How I got rid of it it is with running sprints. It is somehow different than just lifting or just jogging. Every other day, not every day (i tried every day and ended up getting hurt a few times), run sprints of about 100 or 150 meters, walk about the same and then jog or lazy run about the same and then break into a sprint again. Do it over and over until you can not. Skip one day and do it again the next day. A sprint is an all-out effort, as fast and strong as you can. Zero alcohol or sugar drinks, no fruit juice, water, protein, vitamins and small meals, carbs only as needed. In three months your problem is solved. In the third month, you might actually need to start dramatically increasing eating, when your stomach gets flat or ripped it's hard to sleep all night if only with a protein shake.

Treat it like a mission, not a vacation...

Then you can let up and go into maintenance mode, keep lifting at the same time but go easy on the legs with the lifting, after you are with 6 or 8 pack then can go back to normal leg lifting and will have to back off of the sprints some.

Some kind of Test, I used mesterolone(it will slightly raise body temp and more than slightly raise metabolism), I had it for a different purpose but I am sure it helped this goal also.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have a clear idea of how many callories you consume daily? It might sound counter intuitive but not eating enough can result in what you describe.
There seems to be very different opinions about this - most stuff I read nowadays tells me that it's a myth and that not eating enough is never the reason for someone being fat. 'Calories in vs calories out' etc. The answer is always to decrease calories if you want to lose fat.
Although a long time ago when I was super interested in getting in shape it was really common on message boards for people to talk about 'starvation mode'. Nowadays, if someone mentions that on a fitness forum, they are laughed off lol

I honestly don't know!

3. Your body’s response to survival adaptation. On days when you eat takeaways and chocolates, your body hoards those extra calories to “sustain you” during the days of leaner pickings.
This is interesting to me since i'm someone who tries so hard to eat really clean 6 days per week, and exercise, but I just can NOT seem to shift the fat, but I am guilty of treating myself on Saturday, at which point my cravings for chocolate and stuff is just unbearable. I try not to go completely mad, but I do over-indulge. I tell myself that it's OK because i've eaten like a saint the prior 6 days and the 80/20 rule etc, but your post makes me think that something might be going on with me whereby there's some weird stuff going on with how my body reacts to these cravings I give in too!!

Personally, I came to the conclusion that I simply must be taking in too many calories (especially as I mentioned above, most literature I read nowadays tells me 'starvation mode' is a silly myth) - I try to eat no more than 1500 calories. And I try to eat clean - limit my carbs and get protein. Try to avoid sugar etc.

A typical day for me would be

wakeup - 25 mins on bike
Breakfast - 3 poached eggs on a piece of wholemeal toast (about 450 calories)
Lunch - piece of salmon with zucchini and brocolli - (about about 400 calories)
Protein shake - (about 150 calories)
Dinner - lean mince/chilli - sometimes with just veggies. Sometimes a sweet potatoe or something )around 500 calories)
I'll also hit the weights maybe 3-4 times per week for 30 mins or so

I'm not super fat, but I just can NOT get lean! I feel like I eat so much cleaner than ever friend I have! Yet some of them seem to be in better shape and they don't even work out lol.

I do suspect that maybe it's a testosterone issue, and that injecting T would make the fat melt off me and give me more muscle (i'm actually fairly strong and can lift more weights than my friends, ,but weirdly I don't LOOK that strong. My muscles get stronger and stronger, but never look bigger)

The only thing stopping me injecting is hairloss, and the fact i've seen testosterone age people (seen many examples online and you even see it on programs like 'love island' where tonnes of the guys who clearly inject, are 22 and look 30+). I'm already old, but look young for my age and can still sometimes sleep with teenagers who i'm able to convince i'm 10+ years younger! I'd hate to lose that ability through looking older from taking T!!

Last edited:

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out "Renaissance Periodization" on Youtube. Tons of videos about training and diet. I don't watch any other fitness channels anymore.

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a sauna suit and wear it when working out and/or do more calisthenics. The sweat will roll off you like you just came out of the shower and the fat will burn away much quicker.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing that worked for me was doing pure carnivore for a few months. It eliminated almost all that subcutaneous "jiggly" fat that I've had in that region my entire life. It also reduced a lot of gas and bloating in that region as well.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only thing that worked for me was doing pure carnivore for a few months. It eliminated almost all that subcutaneous "jiggly" fat that I've had in that region my entire life. It also reduced a lot of gas and bloating in that region as well.
did you not lose all your muscle aswell ? my arms deflated on keto?

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It might just be genetics. The very last place for me to lose fat is my abs. If you see me with a tank top my arms and shoulders look shredded but I will still have some fat over my torso, I just keep pushing on with my caloric deficit and cardio and eventually the fat will get used up from my torso.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
did you not lose all your muscle aswell ? my arms deflated on keto?
I lost some, mostly in my arms and chest, (deadlift PR barely moved) but that was because I didn't workout for almost a year - I did this last year during the "pandemic" when all the gyms were closed.

RyanSez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Evening everyone.

Im really struggling getting my torso fat to shift,

I dont drink alcohol at all, and I have about 1 takeaway meal a week, about two chocolate bars a week, the rest of my meals are good nutrition meals and i dont fry anything. I dont use sugar or eat bread

I walk incline on the treadmill 30 minutes. 6 times a week. till Im dripping in sweat

and I lift heavy 6 times a week. you really would think Id have a real decent fat burning torso. but its covered in a layer of love fat which is really starting to annoy me now. I run at around 22% body fat. ( I looked pretty good on keto but lost my muscle)

Im thinking about encorporating 1 fast day every 3 days, or 1 day a week where I live off protein shakes? any thoughts on this or similar?

I have friends who drink beer/crisps and chocolate daily with better Body fat.....and its getting me down tbh
I'm having this same problem. I watch what I eat, what I eat and when I eat. I hit the gym for an hour at least 5 days a week, concentrating on torso/abs exercises to build muscle and lose belly and back fat. But even though I've gone down a few belt notches and my shorts are much looser, I still look flabby as hell when I look in the mirror. It's frustrating, but this is a marathon, not a sprint.