Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

struggling to lose torso weight.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evening everyone.

Im really struggling getting my torso fat to shift,

I dont drink alcohol at all, and I have about 1 takeaway meal a week, about two chocolate bars a week, the rest of my meals are good nutrition meals and i dont fry anything. I dont use sugar or eat bread

I walk incline on the treadmill 30 minutes. 6 times a week. till Im dripping in sweat

and I lift heavy 6 times a week. you really would think Id have a real decent fat burning torso. but its covered in a layer of love fat which is really starting to annoy me now. I run at around 22% body fat. ( I looked pretty good on keto but lost my muscle)

Im thinking about encorporating 1 fast day every 3 days, or 1 day a week where I live off protein shakes? any thoughts on this or similar?

I have friends who drink beer/crisps and chocolate daily with better Body fat.....and its getting me down tbh

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Evening everyone.

I dont drink alcohol at all, and I have about 1 takeaway meal a week, about two chocolate bars a week, the rest of my meals are good nutrition meals and i dont fry anything. I dont use sugar or eat bread

I walk incline on the treadmill 30 minutes. 6 times a week. till Im dripping in sweat

and I lift heavy 6 times a week. you really would think Id have a real decent fat burning torso. but its covered in a layer of love fat which is really starting to annoy me now. I run at around 22% body fat. ( I looked pretty good on keto but lost my muscle)

Im thinking about encorporating 1 fast day every 3 days, or 1 day a week where I live off protein shakes? any thoughts on this or similar?

I have friends who drink beer/crisps and chocolate daily with better Body fat.....and its getting me down tbh
Two things. One, you may have a sluggish metabolism. You can try to speed it up by eating more of certain foods and taking certain supplements. Two, you may have plateaued, so you need to switch things up. A bit of HITT does wonders. Plan b would be to have someone suck the excess fat out of your lower abdomen and your good to go.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here are the things that's helped me with that. You can try it and see if it works for you.

- leg lift crunches combined with bicycle sit ups. I've tried traditional situps in the past without much success.
- intermittent fasting. I fast every day for 14 hours. I don't eat breakfast. I used to think I would get dizzy if I workout on empty stomach but actually I get better workouts in the morning as my T levels are at it's highest.
- bar twists, if done correctly, can help reduce your love handles.
- walking briskly for 1-2 miles every day. Do not run or extend your endurance as it's been known to spike your cortisol levels which brings down testosterone.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally my body is more affected by inflammatory foods, unless I'm already eating healthy, then I can have a couple big cal meals.

If I want to perform well in the gym, I need to have my gym diet which causes major inflammation since I eat a ton of red meat and other stuff, so then I need to almost detox on the inflammation, I buy Silk Almond drink by the crate, unsweetened, then I have this trail mix I buy of specifically Raisins, Almonds, Cashews, Cranberries as a snack throughout the day, then Fish, Spinach salad for supper, do this for 2 weeks, helps before fasting to get rid of all my inflammation, you carry it like a poison

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well I would check the whole serie you do, what lifting you do? you run after or before lifting? eating after the exercicies? age also matter, are you working your abs muscles?

tehre is a lot of little things who can help

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a couple of possible reasons why you could be struggling to shift the spare tyre.

1. The slowing down of your metabolism as you get older

2. Innate high food conversion efficiency. Your body has learned to make the most of the little food you may give it. Even in famine hotspots you will find fat people due to this phenom.

3. Your body’s response to survival adaptation. On days when you eat takeaways and chocolates, your body hoards those extra calories to “sustain you” during the days of leaner pickings.

4. Insulin resistance.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses Im 38 so I presume my metabolism has slowed, i remember when I quit alcohol the first time around 5 years ago, and I got thinner each week along with eating chocolate the lot. This time around Im a year sober again and not got the same results,

I lift until failure, on whatever muscles Im doing that day, I have no problems with that the muscles are all there, its purely the layer of love that wont go away..

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally my body is more affected by inflammatory foods, unless I'm already eating healthy, then I can have a couple big cal meals.
Any chocolate or caffeine sends my stomach into meltdown, acid in my throat and gut 4 inches wider , I agree

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont use sugar or eat bread
4. Insulin resistance.
Natural sugars are ok in moderation. Just stay away from processed foods and High Fructose Corn Syrup.
Bread is processed but things like rice and potatoes are better to eat in moderation.

I think something comparable to a semi-keto lifestyle is the best as your body does need some carbs for insulin regulation. People that are on strict keto don't realize that and aren't getting their insulin regulated like they should.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
. People that are on strict keto don't realize that and aren't getting their insulin regulated like they should.
I did keto lost truck loads of weight and water, but my arms went like Fido Dido the 7Up man even though I was lifting

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Evening everyone.

Abdominal fat is associated with low testosterone very highly

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have a clear idea of how many callories you consume daily? It might sound counter intuitive but not eating enough can result in what you describe.

or 1 day a week where I live off protein shakes?
No, protein shakes are supplements and these are here to SUPPLEMENT a propper diet.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I did keto lost truck loads of weight and water, but my arms went like Fido Dido the 7Up man even though I was lifting
Yeah of course because it removes glycogen from the muscle and leaves you flat and weak. I had the same thing happen. Lost 20% of my strength on lifts.

Volumized muscles are strong muscles and when you remove the glycogen from them they become unvolumized and much weaker. And also very flat looking.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have a clear idea of how many callories you consume daily? It might sound counter intuitive but not eating enough can result in what you describe.
No I dont track it., I have around 2 normal meals a day and porridge/shake breakfast. I just believe with the 1 hour 20 I spend in the gym i should be doing well, but my love handles rarely change.

none of my food is cooked in deep fat, the mere fact i I don't even drink anymore/chocalate once a week, I would have thought it would be melting away.

the only last thing Is I do not sleep well, I wake up about 4 times in the night, and fall into a deep sleep when its time to get up

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No I dont track it., I have around 2 normal meals a day and porridge/shake breakfast. I just believe with the 1 hour 20 I spend in the gym i should be doing well, but my love handles rarely change.

none of my food is cooked in deep fat, the mere fact i I don't even drink anymore/chocalate once a week, I would have thought it would be melting away.

the only last thing Is I do not sleep well, I wake up about 4 times in the night, and fall into a deep sleep when its time to get up
There is the major issue...lack of sleep is considered a huge stressor by the body. Actually one of the biggest stressors you could possibly have.

As evidenced by numerous studies such as this one

Lack of good sleep(8 hours a night) destroys T levels..the longer you sleep poorly the lower your T levels will be.

So I would get your T levels checked and then get a sleep study done to determine if you may have OSA(Obstructive Sleep Apnea) or to diagnose whatever the issues are. I was found to have it and using a BiPap to sleep has changed my life for the better. I will never sleep without it again.

And don't just think overweight people are the only ones that have it. I was diagnosed at 185 lbs with under 10% BF and I was jacked. My esophagus is simply too small for the size of my neck according to my doctor and he suspected it the first time he did a physical and looked down my throat...he literally saved my life!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Two things. One, you may have a sluggish metabolism. You can try to speed it up by eating more of certain foods and taking certain supplements. Two, you may have plateaued, so you need to switch things up. A bit of HITT does wonders. Plan b would be to have someone suck the excess fat out of your lower abdomen and your good to go.
Lack of sleep is killing his testosterone levels. This is problem 1,2,3,4 and 5. Everything else is far far far down the list until this issue is resolved.

Telltale sign of low T is accumulation of abdominal fat and inability to lose it.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree on the sleep, since I've made sure I sleep 8 hours a night I've been feeling great.

My guess is that this is you problem. If your deficit is larger than 25% of maintenance you're gonna start burning muscle instead of fat. I advice you to start tracking your calories (and marco's) with an app, and do not go below 20% of maintenance.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Lack of sleep is killing his testosterone levels. This is problem 1,2,3,4 and 5. Everything else is far far far down the list until this issue is resolved.

Telltale sign of low T is accumulation of abdominal fat and inability to lose it.
Depends on how much visceral fat is being held. Very rarely is it considered low-t. It can be due to the body storing too much fat and storing too much cortisol (stress hormone). If the dude is just overweight but 20 - 25 lbs, his testosterone is not low. There's just too many things that go into play. Not one statement or situation fits all people.