Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stallion's Fitness Journal

Reborn

Don Juan
Reaction score
Grats on 200 :cheer:

What's up with the dips though, you nearly lost 10 reps since last time. o.0 You might wanna add some more weight to the decline sit-ups when you start reaching that many reps.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks a lot reborn :) ...trust me...it was very hard twenty reps!

As for the dips...the last two sessions have been tough due to A. drinking yesterday B. Lack of sleep. Just as long as I hit failure each time and I feel stronger I'm a happy guy.

As for the decline situps...I just added about 50 lbs to it and I've been giving it my all. I do them much slower than when I did bodyweight because it rubs on my chest when i go down and hurts like a b1tch. Just as long as I hit the squat each time I'm happy. I'm about half way done so it's going well.

Last edited:

Reborn

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's supposed to be man :) God I remember how awful it was to do those 20 rep sets. 12th rep was the worst for me, exhausted but still 8 reps to go. Not to mention the 18th. Keep it up though you're having great gains. I shiver just reading this journal.

Ye, know you put on alot of weight on the sit-up, you're still hitting large volume though. I think you have some hidden reserves left in the sit-up to take advantage of :up: Try bringing a towel or something and put between the weight and your chest if it hurts. It might soften a little compared to a T-shirt.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks very much Reborn...I do the best I can but the help I recieve from here is amazing. If anything at all, I just want to inspire others to work hard.

Haha I agree, just around the 12th to 14th rep I want to just put the weight down and give up...but luckily I've got my brother cheering me on so I can't let him down. Good tip btw for the situps with the shirt. I'm letting EFFORT train me so if he says to add more than I def will. Right now I just do what I'm told lol.

kickureface - Idk what time frame exactly you want but I'll try to put it out here clearly for everyone ---

(started cutting/starving myself here) :(
Feb. 07 I weighed 208 lbs - August 30th 2007 - 163 lbs - 43 lb loss

Sept. 1 2007 to October 1 2007 I bulked to 190 lbs (EXTREMELY INCORRECTLY with lots of weight gainers...I was yo-yoing and my metabolism was extremely bad (lost tons of muscle with the cut) --27 lb gain

October 1 to Novemeber 7th, 2007 - I went from 190 lbs to 178 lbs by cutting/starving myself again (was about 13% bodyfat...even had slight sixpack) 12 lb loss

November 8th 2007 was when the bulk began....I went from 178 lbs to 220 lbs just about Bf is probably around 18-21% now - 42 pound gain in 9 months

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
November 8th 2007 was when the bulk began....I went from 178 lbs to 220 lbs just about Bf is probably around 18-21% now - 42 pound gain in 9 months
That is AWESOME bro, well done indeed. You've been giving the 20 rep squats hell AND (more importantly) you've been eating like a machine. That's a recipe (ha ha) for success. Don't worry about the increased bodyfat. Losing fat is 3-4 months' work for most people (unless they're in really bad shape).. gaining strength and size takes way longer.

Keep it up!

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks very much Warboss :rockon:

I agree, the added bodyfat sucks as it covers most of my work haha. I eat everything I'm suppose to eat everyday...RARELY do i miss a meal or have to cheat but something I've learned from all of this is just being organized and consistent. I see a lot of people who want to change their bodies...but they always make the mistake of not being consistent with meals. It really is the simpliest thing to do but a lot of people screw up. I'll probably do the "Lets get shredded diet" to lose the weight possibly. I just don't want to lose muscle or strength.

Today I kicked a$$ on the squats...nice having the energy back in me. Did adequate at everything else

MONDAY---

1x20 Squats --1x20 PR 205 lbs

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 30 lbs

Super set 3x ==all were to failure

Dips /bw\
1x12 1x10 1x9 - 31 reps -

Pullups /bw\
1x5 1x4 1x4 - 13 reps total

Decline situps - 50 lb dumbbell
1x26 1x22 1x24 - 72 reps PR

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Going strong! Keep it up!

I highly recommend large amounts of BCAA's when you are taking the fat off. They are costly, but if you read Iron Addict and his moderator Sand Blaster's reviews on them they are a massively beneficial when taking the fat off. A lot more easy to retain/gain muscle and recovery is better.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Quag...I will def be doing BCAA's when I take off fat. I can't deny it's usefulness.

WEDNESDAY-

1x20 Squats --1x20 PR 210 lbs - these were friggin tough but I wasn't really feeling all to good today. I don't know why. And my calves just won't stop bothering me despite the foam rolling and massages I give it. It's been about a month and a half and this is really FVCKING ANNOYING. If anyone has any more tips on how to heal it let me know...otherwise I may go to a doctor in the next couple weeks. Although I'm afraid he'll tell me I can't work my legs...that's the last thing I want to hear.

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 30 lbs

Dips /bw\
1x13 1x9 1x12 - 34 reps PR

Pullups /bw\
1x6 1x5 1x5 - 16 reps total PR FVCK YES!!!

1x22 1x21 1x3 - 46 reps ---pulled somesort of groin muscle during the pull ups fight for my last rep...I couldn't do the situps

All in all not too bad of a day I'd say. As long as I keep seeing those PRs. The only thing that is worrying me right now is that I weighed myself the last two days and each day I hit 227 lbs granted last week I knew I was hovering around 220ish but this is kindof scaring me. I've jumped up 10 pounds in 4 weeks...granted last week and this week my cardio has sucked but damn. I guess I really got to get at it before I gain even more fat. The only thing that's nice is my arm has reached 17 inches :D which proves MM was an idiot. When he was at this weight he said his 17 inch arms where special and here i am squatting and getting nice looking big arms without isolated 40 different direction bicept curls heh

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ouch, looks like it was hard.

Btw, what are you doing for grip? Don't want to be going back to deadlifts and you can't pick that f****** off of the floor. Happened to Kerpal remember...

And how did you pull a groin muscle on the pullup, *scratches head*.

And we knew MM was a tool.

JohnnyIrish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn.. nice work!

I look at what you did for squats.. and it scares me. haha

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, for deadlifting you might want to just do a couple of deadlift singles at 85% or so every week so your body doesn't "forget" how to deadlift. I'm doing Smolov now and it was suggested in the write-up, it's working for me. Heavy enough to keep you "in the groove", but light enough not to wear out your back too much, I know the squats are already hitting it hard.

Like Quagmire said, last time I did Smolov I didn't deadlift at all for a couple months and when I got back to deadlifting my grip was too weak and I could squat more than I could deadlift. After a couple weeks of deadlifting it went up a lot, but I still lost some time because of it.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys I really appreciate it...I'm working hard. Just 6 more sessions left...or you could say 30 more pounds to add to my 20 rep squat..which will hopefully end at 240 for 20 reps. That would be sick.

well this program only lasts for 6 weeks. I'm doing the COC of course but I haven't really recorded what i've done on here with it. I'm not really worried about my deadlift strength going down or my grip...if anything I'm a lot stronger i'd bet. Kerpal you didn't do it for months...mine is only six weeks. Might be a factor. Plus EFFORT didn't mention anything, if it concerned him I'm sure he would have told me.

As for the groin muscle...I have no idea how i did it...but it fvckin hurt after. I feel okay now though.

Hey Johnny, I saw a video of Jesse Marunde doing 407 lbs for 20 reps deep...now that's SCARY. The guy is a total beast...RIP.

Guess will see if I'm strong enough to get where i need to be in 2 and a half weeks. Should be interesting.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey I watched that video yesterday, that's pretty much my all time lifting goal.
407 x 20
---

As for your 240x20, I look forward to hearing from you after you complete it!

I remember last year I did a 225x20 then foolishly did a 245x20 the week after. It was successful but my vision was white and my arms were tingly and numb by the end :D

You'll get it man, just keep good posture.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy crap Quik...had no idea you were that powerful on the Squat. Very nice. Went through your log in more depth. Did you do a six week program too?

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6 week program? Somewhere way back in the log I started to do a "6 day split" but EFFORT intervened just in time, is that what you meant? :D After that it was just the Idiots guide to Growth routine, with a few mods(lunges, etc). Mostly I got there by just loading 5lbs on the bar every workout regardless of how I felt, just chipping away at it week in week out.

You're pretty much there anyways, just a few more weeks to go. If you're going for a max in 6 weeks, eat plenty of carbs for two or three days before you go for it. Those 20 rep squats take something out of you doing them every week.

Are you gonna get a vid. of the lift?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
Thanks guys I really appreciate it...I'm working hard. Just 6 more sessions left...or you could say 30 more pounds to add to my 20 rep squat..which will hopefully end at 240 for 20 reps. That would be sick.

well this program only lasts for 6 weeks. I'm doing the COC of course but I haven't really recorded what i've done on here with it. I'm not really worried about my deadlift strength going down or my grip...if anything I'm a lot stronger i'd bet. Kerpal you didn't do it for months...mine is only six weeks. Might be a factor. Plus EFFORT didn't mention anything, if it concerned him I'm sure he would have told me.

As for the groin muscle...I have no idea how i did it...but it fvckin hurt after. I feel okay now though.

Hey Johnny, I saw a video of Jesse Marunde doing 407 lbs for 20 reps deep...now that's SCARY. The guy is a total beast...RIP.

Guess will see if I'm strong enough to get where i need to be in 2 and a half weeks. Should be interesting.
clear your pms mr popular

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stallion, yes that Marunde vid is ACE.

Matt Kroc has done 515x10 also and 420+ for 20 I beleive, check those out too.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your 20 rep squat is crazy! I attempted a 20 repper wtih 155 lbs (70 kg) yesterday and that was damn tough! I think the hardest part is the mental aspect of keeping on going.

I'm upto 170 lbs bodyweight hehe...catching up to you :D

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
6 week program? Somewhere way back in the log I started to do a "6 day split" but EFFORT intervened just in time, is that what you meant? :D After that it was just the Idiots guide to Growth routine, with a few mods(lunges, etc). Mostly I got there by just loading 5lbs on the bar every workout regardless of how I felt, just chipping away at it week in week out.

You're pretty much there anyways, just a few more weeks to go. If you're going for a max in 6 weeks, eat plenty of carbs for two or three days before you go for it. Those 20 rep squats take something out of you doing them every week.

Are you gonna get a vid. of the lift?
Well the old fashioned milk and squats/super squats are usually about 6-8 weeks long. Thought maybe you did a log of that. I guess not...but 245 lbs is still sick. How did you lift before that and how long?

Yeah i saw the entries...funny stuff reading through it. I will be eating tons of food and carbs before max. I don't know how much stronger I'll be, but i hope it's a few pounds at least :) Then it's on to DC after I conquer this. I was going to try to get a video of my last lift for you guys...don't fret now haha

MrS...yeah I agree that guy is a beast. No doubt. Seen a bunch of his videos before. The quad tear at 545 lbs almost made me want to give up lifting when I first got into this.

Thanks Fuglydude. Maybe you should look into some super squats :D haha. C'mon skinny boy...I'll say one thing...when you hit 14, you want to stop and call it a day. It's all about not letting yourself think that and keep breathing deep and heavy between the reps. I just hate how the bar just gets heavier on your back. Not fun...but you feel very accomplished after you finish. You also can't walk. I usually lay on the ground at the gym like a bum then limp over to the pullovers haha.

EFFORT....I resent the label of Mr popular coming from you...jk ;)

1x20 Squats --1x20 PR 215 lbs - Surprisingly easier. I'm starting to get used to the weight piled on my back, wanting me to give out and stay down...but fvck that...there is no way I'm gonna rack the weight till i get it all.

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 30 lbs

Dips /bw\
1x15 1x11 1x12 - 38 reps PR I can't believe my strength on the first set...4 months ago I couldn't even do 3 reps unassisted!

Pullups /bw\
1x5 1x4 1x5 - 14 reps - I was wasted from the wednesday still in my back. Was tough to just get this. Strange...I never have a day where I increase on all three.

1x20 1x21 1x25 - 66 reps ---not a PR but that's okay. Still was really tough. I'll get it monday.

Another end to another session. 5 more left now...