Stallion's Fitness Journal

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah....I messed up some details accidentally with my training...I believe I'm suppose to keep it at 30 lbs looking back on a email from effort. Ah well...I was diong them correctly anyways. Shouldn't matter too much. I will put it back at 30 lbs. Thanks for pointing that out.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wanted to point out I'm doing 50 lbs backing this week...painful is one word to describe it haha.

shaunuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I guess you could start losing reps on your dips and chins if you get too heavy/intense with the pullovers. I might try squats and milk at some point but I'd need to get my GPP up, I'm not that fit atm.

Looks awesome mate, keep these good workouts up. What do you weigh now btw?

It seems I'm back down to 175 or something, I couldn't train or eat very well for 3 weeks, I'm just getting back into it now :)

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
between 215-217 lbs

Don't get me wrong...I don't look chubby. I've got a bit of a belly but I'm putting up with it till I do 'The Get Shredded Diet' around Decemeber or January. I've put on a a good bit of muscle since November 2007 where I started at about 179 lbs (around 13-14% bodyfat). That's nine months, if you figure i gained 1-2 pounds a month of muscle that's about 9-18 pounds of muscle gain...hopefully the latter :)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nice progress Rocky. say what you want about micromanaging supplements and scientific training methods - I have yet to find anyone disprove that, for natural lifters at least, your overall muscular size will correspond to the weight you can do for a 20 rep squat.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
nice progress Rocky. say what you want about micromanaging supplements and scientific training methods - I have yet to find anyone disprove that, for natural lifters at least, your overall muscular size will correspond to the weight you can do for a 20 rep squat.
Thanks Warboss Alex...good to see you stopping in, I got pretty darn happy seeing your name on the forum today. I'm working real hard and I hope I can nail this routine. I'll keep what you said to heart. Stop by any time, from one metalhead to another :D

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MONDAY - got really bad sleep due to some personal problems....sigh...and it def messed up my day a little...but thankfully not the squats.

1x20 Squats --1x20PR 180 lbs - Funny how 175 lbls felt harder. good stuff. 185 lbs is next.

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 30 lbs - Nice deep breathing right after squats

Super set 3x ==all were to failure

Dips /bw\
1x8 1x8 1x7 - 23 reps - lost a rep...

Pullups /bw\
1x4 1x4 1x3 - 11 reps total

Decline situps /bw\
1x24 1x22 1x21 - Not feeling these today...just too tired i guess

So i tried a tuna shake...the first night I easily drank it, the second I almost barfed from not putting enough diet coke...needless to say my stomach was upset for awhile. I won't be trying this for a while as I just bought 8 pounds of chicken. Going to a 'Dokken' Concert tonight....later dudes.

EDIT: I met the bass player from Symphony X! My friend was wearing my Symphony X shirt and some dude comes up to us saying how much the band sucks, and the bass player sucks...and we are defending the bass player when the next we know he points to the guy behind him and before I could realize it, it was the bass player from Symphony X Michael LePond. Really nice dude and I got to talk to him for awhile about his band and of course Dokken. I'll be seeing them in November.

Last edited:

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good job so far, keep crushing the food hard, be prepared to add more eggs or something if the lifting progression stops.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man nice to see someone doing the 20 reppers they are really brutal. :up: Quite a different workout regime you got there, nowadays it seems most people drown themselves in isolation exercises to avoid doing the real basic exercises.

Keep it up with the squats. Dont worry too much if dips varie a little since the bodyweight have a tendency to shift.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Lifeforce...I didn't think of it that way...It's almost like I'm doing weighted dips, especially with all the food EFFORT has me throwing down my gullet. Don't worry, I'm doing this routine and I'm gonna friggin nail it.

EFFORT said:
good job so far, keep crushing the food hard, be prepared to add more eggs or something if the lifting progression stops.
Right-o, I'm only doing a half gallon of milk at the moment so I can always drink more too. I didn't nail it completely yesterday because of the concert and waking up late...blah blah blah...but i didn't miss any meals even though I had to cheat with some McDees due to time constraints.

*I'm a firm believer now more than ever is that if you want to be big and strong...you gotta eat big and properly. I'm scared how big I'll be by the end of this year. weighing in around 216-218 lbs right now is scaring the crap out of me haha

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good man, If all other lifts get a little stronger then it should be no worries. If dips dont increase for several times maybe there is a form issue to be worked out.

Cool man, Im drinking bout half a gallon a day as well. Used to drink 1.5 gallon at most but got horrible acne from it. Seems to be good to get muscle from. You're gonna be a beast man.

Anyways, im'a follow this journal and give you a virtual kick in the butt from time to time :trouble:

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like these guys are saying... you're a total beast! I still expect to see that quarter ton deadlift tho, a 400 lb squat, and a 3-plate front squat! At your weight it won't be too hard. Keep chippin away man! You're totally inspiring me for my upcoming bulking cycle!

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I don't feel quite like a beast yet Fuglydude...but I'm getting there slowly. I hope to have the lifts you outlined...lets see what happens after my milk and squats routine. 4 more weeks to go. And I'm glad I inspire you, you inspire me and so does everyone else on this board. It's great to see everyone working hard to make changes in their life and becoming more healthy. I hope you log that bulk cycle.

Lifeforce...so far the milk I feel is adding some weight to me. I'm taking in something like 6000 calories...i don't even know anymore haha. Just so you know I'm not a great kicker, but I throw a good right hook... so be on the lookout! :cool:

FRIDAY-

My calf is still hurting, today maybe worse. I'm starting think i definitely pulled something there although it doesn't really effect my squat so thats one good thing. Stupid personal trainer made me fvck my calf up....ARGH!! (no offense to some of you trainers on here) Anyways I got my session done, no problemo. Will be icing, having a hot bath, and foam rolling my leg this weekend somewhere between my Judas Priest Boston and Styx concerts :D

1x20 Squats --1x20 PR 185 lbs - Finally got this, 190 will fall on monday

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 30 lbs - Very deep breathing, nice and slow...i like these

Dips /bw\
1x9 1x10 1x9 - 28 reps - PR I focused on perfect form for these, much better preformed than my previous record so this is my new personal best

Pullups /bw\
1x3 1x3 1x3 - 9 reps total - Just not feeling these today...pretty sore from wednesday

Decline situps /bw\
1x33 1x39 1x33 - 105 reps PR - Very nice, I'm getting stronger

That's all to report...later alligator

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calf felt better today, but still some pain. Concerts were awesome and it's good to be back to work.

MONDAY

1x20 Squats --1x20 PR 190 lbs - No problem...195 lbs wednesday is going to be racked and destroyed. I had my form watched and got it all with some difficulty but ATG for sure.

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 30 lbs

Dips /bw\
1x13 1x9 1x10 - 32 reps - PR I felt really great on the dips today...

Pullups /bw\
1x4 1x4 1x4 - 12 reps total - Still no PR with this...but I feel like it's getting easier

Decline situps /bw\
1x30 1x25 1x33 - 88 reps - I hate these...kindof went to close failure but I could have done a bit better...

Back to shoveling the food down my throat....

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
Calf felt better today, but still some pain. Concerts were awesome and it's good to be back to work.

MONDAY

1x20 Squats --1x20 PR 190 lbs - No problem...195 lbs wednesday is going to be racked and destroyed. I had my form watched and got it all with some difficulty but ATG for sure.

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 30 lbs

Dips /bw\
1x13 1x9 1x10 - 32 reps - PR I felt really great on the dips today...

Pullups /bw\
1x4 1x4 1x4 - 12 reps total - Still no PR with this...but I feel like it's getting easier

Decline situps /bw\
1x30 1x25 1x33 - 88 reps - I hate these...kindof went to close failure but I could have done a bit better...

Back to shoveling the food down my throat....
add yourself a 50lb dumbbell for those declines

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WEDNESDAY

Man I was tired today...not too happy with all my results but then again it wasn't a bad day either.

1x20 Squats --1x20 PR 195 lbs - I had a bit of trouble with these...was very tired for some reason. But I got it all with good form.

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 30 lbs

Dips /bw\
1x5 1x7 1x8 - 20 reps - Not feeling these today.

Pullups /bw\
1x4 1x4 1x4 - 12 reps total - same as monday.

Decline situps - 50 lb dumbbell
1x24 1x21 1x23 - 68 reps PR These were a pain in the a$$

I have to use my cheat day tomorrow which sucks. Hopefully it won't affect friday's results...I guess I'll see. I'll be sure to eat a lot still

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey bro

What's the logic behind the Dips, why do you do so many per set?

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its a super set max rep dips, max rep pull ups, max rep decline sit ups

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FRIDAY- Too drunk yesterday..kindof messed up today lol. But still good thank god.

1x20 Squats --1x20 PR 200 lbs

DB Pullovers
1x20 - 30 lbs

Dips /bw\
1x8 1x7 1x8 - 23 reps -

Pullups /bw\
1x5 1x4 1x5 - 14 reps total PR

Decline situps - 50 lb dumbbell
1x21 1x23 1x25 - 70 reps PR