Stallion's Fitness Journal

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Glad to see you back. Shoot me and pm and we'll get you back on track.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
Long time no talk fellas...haha BAD NEWS! I fell off the horse about 7 weeks ago. After vacation twice for two weeks, I've been stuck working on my album like crazy and haven't really bothered with weightlifting. Maybe going 1-2 a week keeping up what I was previously doing…things just kept getting in the way. I’m up til like 5 in the morning working on music everyday. Which means I never wake up to walk anymore. Haven’t done that in like 3-4 weeks. I’ve been eating healthy on and off. To give you an example, I’d eat three good meals and by night time I’d blow it by having an extra meal filled with carbs. Granted things could be a lot worse, but I’m pretty much back where I started haha. I stopped lifting around 220 lbs with a 38 inch waist….here are the photos from 8-9 weeks ago…still fat though:

http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/af23/I-tallionstallion/

And now I am at 232lbs (no photos of that haha) about with some muscle loss as I have starved myself at times almost because I didn’t feel like . So. I need to get myself back in line and drop the fat again. After dropping the fat, I want to get back on predominated strength/muscle routine. I already have the tools from EFFORT. Just got to reapply them, see if he’ll want me to make any changes

It really sucks what I’ve done, I was so close to getting where I wanted but things started slipping away. I haven’t completely abandoned the gym, but to give you an example I only went once last week for squats. This week has been the worst one yet in how I’m eating. I plan to lift tomorrow and on Saturday and start walking everyday. Ive lost all my gym partners (I had two) and it makes it a lot more difficult to stay motivated but I’m ready to start to get lean again.

Sorry I’ve been away guys, I plan to be back in full force! I’ll post up more details tomorrow. :rockon:

Btw I'm pissed about my strength loss and how much stronger everyone on here has been getting. DON'T THINK I'M GONNA LET YOU WIN :trouble: haha
-Makes sure I put that in there incase people don't know the situation-

Box Squats

135x5
145x5
155x5
165x5
175x5

155x5
145x5
135x3

WHEW I was tired...haven't squatted like this in a LONG time. I went way too hard I think for my first time back squatting heavy in like a month

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's a fair amount of sets! Was your heart not feeling it the most?

Good to see you back man. I sent you a pm a month or two ago, it was like a day after your last login. Don't know if you got it or not.

Sorry to hear you fell of a horse, but I guess it can't have been to bad since your squatting- so that's good.

Your numbers should go thourgh the roof. As long as you have been eating you should have most of your muscle, and a couple of weeks and those neural connections will be firing nice and strong again!

Time for that 500 deadlift,

Quagmire

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to see you back! haha, nice volume on the squats even when you're getting back to into it!

I too wanna see that 500 lb deadlift.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to see it too. Definitely gonna be awhile before I can do that Fugly haha.

Hey Quag I hope you are right, I missed your PM somehow. i sure hope your right about me being back to normal soon. Effort is going to have me on a new diet so I'll post it up as soon as I know what it is. If I can drop like 20 lbs I'd be really happy. It was sooooo much easier getting stronger, gaining muscle, and gaining weight. Losing weight has been tough. Most disagree with me there haha

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
It was sooooo much easier getting stronger, gaining muscle, and gaining weight. Losing weight has been tough. Most disagree with me there haha
Because you have one hell of an ability to eat a lot of food. Losing it will be easier in theory just gonna have to give up your double quarter pounders for a while. Check your email.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
EFFORT said:
Because you have one hell of an ability to eat a lot of food. Losing it will be easier in theory just gonna have to give up your double quarter pounders for a while. Check your email.
Hahahahaha ;) It's wierd but when I eat more food i shovel it all in on a set schedule...but when I eat a small diet food all the time with no carbs i lose the will to eat hahaha I should be okay on this diet though. It's a lot easier so far.

Wed:

5x10 flat barbell

115lbsx10
115lbsx10
115lbsx10
115lbsx10
115lbsx10

WOW I'm hurting a lot today

3x8 seated dumbbell press
30lbs - pfffff...just took an easy here.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to try lose some weight again. I find if I'm not on here on a constant basis, I don't take my training serious enough. Something I've had to deal with is the feeling of letting myself down in the last few months. I got down to 220 at prob 17% bf and shot right back to 235lbs.

My diet has ranged from great, good, to awful, to bad 7 days a week. Like I'll have a perfect day, and ruin it at night. I finally realized that I need to keep a journal...if I do I get my $hit done. If I don't, I miss meals, workout days...I don't stick to any schedule. My sleeping schedule sucks.

I've been trying to up my moral on eating by eating foods that led me to losing 44 pounds 2 1/2 years ago.

I haven't stopped lifting but it isn't consistent. So I feel zero progress is made. I know if I dedicate myself for a couple months, I'll be in great shape for the summer and can go back.

I just want to get back into shape. I'm going to try to do the diet Effort gave me a couple months ago along with the workout for 3 weeks he gave me and take it from there. If I can put in a solid month...I'd be happy as hell. So started Wed I'm starting up again. I'm going to get EFFORT to help me again. Waist size is 42 inches, weight is 237 this morning.

I know I can do this. I'm going to try to post my diet and workout up as much as I can.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good to see you back and more committed mang... Unfortunately life has a way of making it tough to be healthy. Its what we do to find ways around this that makes us stronger. Good luck!

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fugly said it, life get's in the way. You gotta make time!

If time and motivation are an issue start of slow. Do the weights twice a week instead of 3 times.

Ease into the diet stuff as well. Don't go full force into a keto, it isn't necessary. If you're 15%+, cleaning up the diet (no junk, cut the carbs down to a moderate amount) and going for brisk walks 4x30mins a week will be enough initially to get things moving. You can become more strict as time goes by and you see results.

And remember not to go to heavy on the weights, take it easy for a couple of weeks and build back into it.

Good to hear from you,

Quagmire

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Gugyl and Quagmire. I haven't stopped lifting just not as heavy as I used to. Going to the gym today and I've already started the diet right. Going to do my best to put my healthy lifestyle back in front in my life. I can't wait to push myself again.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I meant to say Fugly...haha.

Been eating right and going to the gym. Been going real light.

Monday:

Squats 3x10 - 135 lbs
Lat Pull Down 4x8 - 120 lbs

Wed:

FLat Barbell Bench 5x10 - 100 lbs
Seated DB Military Press 3x8 - 45 lbs

I've walked 3 times this week in the moring, tomorrow will be the 4th time. I feel really good about everything and I'm making a good effort to do this again. Just gotta get back on track and my strength will come back to me. I don't think I've lost too much strength. Once I get back to normal in a month it should be fun to start lifting heavy again.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
I meant to say Fugly...haha.

Been eating right and going to the gym. Been going real light.

Monday:

Squats 3x10 - 135 lbs
Lat Pull Down 4x8 - 120 lbs

Wed:

FLat Barbell Bench 5x10 - 100 lbs
Seated DB Military Press 3x8 - 45 lbs

I've walked 3 times this week in the moring, tomorrow will be the 4th time. I feel really good about everything and I'm making a good effort to do this again. Just gotta get back on track and my strength will come back to me. I don't think I've lost too much strength. Once I get back to normal in a month it should be fun to start lifting heavy again.

Are you doing straight sets with the same weight? Why aren't you ramping up your exercises? for instance If I was warming up for a 190 lb incline bench press it goes something like this.

barX15
95X8
135X8
155X8
175X3
190X as many reps as I can get pretty much ALL OUT intensity!!!

So the first 5 sets were just prepping/warming up my body for that last set or two....I don't really hit failure on those 5 sets. Yet I still use them to stimulate muscle, I move the bar fast and controlled and pump the prime movers up.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CarlitosWay said:
Are you doing straight sets with the same weight? Why aren't you ramping up your exercises? for instance If I was warming up for a 190 lb incline bench press it goes something like this.

barX15
95X8
135X8
155X8
175X3

So the first 5 sets were just prepping/warming up my body for that last set or two....I don't really hit failure on those 5 sets. Yet I still use them to stimulate muscle, I move the bar fast and controlled and pump the prime movers up.
Those are warm up weights for this beast ;)

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I-tallionStallion said:
I'm going to try lose some weight again. I find if I'm not on here on a constant basis, I don't take my training serious enough. Something I've had to deal with is the feeling of letting myself down in the last few months. I got down to 220 at prob 17% bf and shot right back to 235lbs.

My diet has ranged from great, good, to awful, to bad 7 days a week. Like I'll have a perfect day, and ruin it at night. I finally realized that I need to keep a journal...if I do I get my $hit done. If I don't, I miss meals, workout days...I don't stick to any schedule. My sleeping schedule sucks.

I've been trying to up my moral on eating by eating foods that led me to losing 44 pounds 2 1/2 years ago.

I haven't stopped lifting but it isn't consistent. So I feel zero progress is made. I know if I dedicate myself for a couple months, I'll be in great shape for the summer and can go back.

I just want to get back into shape. I'm going to try to do the diet Effort gave me a couple months ago along with the workout for 3 weeks he gave me and take it from there. If I can put in a solid month...I'd be happy as hell. So started Wed I'm starting up again. I'm going to get EFFORT to help me again. Waist size is 42 inches, weight is 237 this morning.

I know I can do this. I'm going to try to post my diet and workout up as much as I can.

Stallion, just keep the focus on yourself and you'll be right as rain. :)

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CarlitosWay said:

barX15
95X8
135X8
155X8
175X3

That's too much volume for a warm up :down:

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Don. I'll do the best I can. I can lose or gain weight at my own will pretty easily. I just got to keep the focus up. It'll be awhile before I hit any PRs but I already knew that.

Okay friday I'm hurting from a bit from the rows but I expected to beat my body up this week. I've got a training partner again and that makes all the difference in the world for me but partner or not I'm going to do this.

CarlitosWay I'm just getting back started into this. EFFORT is training me and I'm just getting used to exercising seriously again.

My body still looks pretty decent...I haven't lost much muscle I don't think. I don't know whether muscle memory is real or not...always sounded like a farce to me...but if it does kick in awesome. I don't think I look awful but I can see a body just waiting to be sculpted if you know what I mean.

Friday:

Rack Pull From Knee Level- 3x10 - 185 lbs
Pull Through- 2x10 100 lbs
Cable Row- 4x8 - I have no idea, it said 16 on each side though on the machine...whatever.

I look forward to posting another week of workouts and talking to you guys some more. Keep up the good work. I'm glad to see so many I knew a year ago are still dedicated to the iron.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Monday:

Squats 3x10 - 145 lbs - easy enough
Lat Pull Down 4x8 - 120 lbs easy

Wed:

FLat Barbell Bench 5x10 - 115 lbs was pretty good
Seated DB Military Press 3x8 - 50 lbs

Screwed up royally on my diet on Tuesday...sigh...today was good though. Got all my meals in. Thursday is always the toughest day for me because I have the day off and I'm usually home. I'm going to do my best to get to bed early tonight and get all my meals in. "Catch ya later dudes!"

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Friday

Rack Pull From Knee Level- 3x10 - 190 lbs
Pull Through- 2x10 100 lbs
Cable Row- 4x8 -16

Monday

Squats 3x10 - 150 lbs - a bit harder but not too bad
Lat Pull down 4x8 - 120 lbs -

I forgot to mention that this week and last week I did 2x10 weighted situps with 60 lbs twice

The diet hasn't been bad but it could be better. I feel like I am losing weight though. Hoping to finish this week strong and get back into a normal routine soon. I hope when I weigh myself again I would have lost a few pounds at the end of this week.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FLat Barbell Bench 5x10 - 120 lbs easier than before
Seated DB Military Press 3x8 - 50 lbs - stuck with this weight - got easier this week thankfully.

Next week I'll have a whole new workout. So hopefully I'm done with this ridiculously high reps for most of exercises haha